X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Diff Between a Local AD & Overseas AD Omega Watch

Hi,

I am a newbie here.

Wanted to buy an Omega watch from overseas AD. Are there any difference interms of warranty, resale value or others?

Anything that I should look out for?

Thanks.

Warranty for omega watches should be international. So no worries. As for resale value, it will be subjective. For an overseas set, a watch tends to be slightly less expensive. But it depends on how much you have bought it also.
    The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Thanks for the info Oceanklassik.

Other than going over to the Swatch Group Service Center to authenticate the watch, is there any other way of authenticating it?

How about authenticating the movement in the watch?

Thanks.

Comment

Authenticating the watch should be best done with the correct source. Otherwise, how to call it 'authenticate', right? To my knowledge, it can only be done with the SWATCH Group. The information you want can be found in the forum. Do a search. I am not sure if they will authenticate the watch movement per se.

The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

I think the service centre can do it for you free of charge. Usually the movement number should tie up with the case number on Omega (Seamaster in particular).

Comment

At swatch they will ask technician to take a look FOC.

They do not usually open up to check movement.

No receipt will be given.
            Audemars Piguet Ball Bell&Ross Cartier IWC Longines Omega Panerai Rolex Sinn Tissot

Alba Casio Citizen Roox Seiko

Wanted to add PP but bo lui

Comment

Thanks all for the replies, greatly appreciated

I had previously done a search in this forum and read through those few threads on this topic. Just that by reading through those threads, I am not sure how well can Swatch Group authenticate the watch.

Base on the replies, I would assume that Swatch group can only authenticate the exterior of the watch, but not the interior/movement in the watch.

Comment

I think possible if you request and pay for the service.
                The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Thanks Oceanklassik.

I don't mind paying for it, but hope that the authentication wouldn't take like days. Maybe I will give them a call to check.

Thanks again for the info.

Comment

Only Swatch Group at Wheelock place does the authentication......they do not open the case......UNLESS SUSPICIOUS then they ask you whether you allow them to open to case to authenticate the watch............I was so dammed to be holding onto a VERY GOOD FAKE Omega Seamaster Planet Ocean XL as what the technicians told me.........when buying from overseas always enquire whether the waranty cards are laser imprinted with the serial numbers AND NOT HAND WRITTEN..............I was not charge for the authentication of the VERY GOOD FAKE P.O. ....................I'm still sore by the way I bought the PO from Portugual so please beware.

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X