Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cost of Servicing a JLC?

Hi

Am looking to get a JLC Master Compression Dive Watch. However, before I make the plunge, would like to check how much will servicing cost for the watch? How often will we need to send for servicing?

Tks.

Give Richemont a call...

Starts from S$250 up for simple watch to S$550+ for chronographs etc... best to check with them. The manufacturer will ask you to service every 4-5 yrs but I think it its running fine, I won't send in unless the timing is really out.

Comment

Maintenance servicing is $240 for simple complications - RDM, Geographic, Reveil, etc.

It comes with 1 year warranty from the Manufacturer.

Comment

OT...but I think the cost is quite cheap for a luxury brand...
        but ah, me so newbie...tks for the knowledge

Comment

I bought sandisk7's RDM and we went down to the service centre together. Actually, to be absolutely clear, $240 is for a maintenance service... which means they change the gaskets (for water resistance) and some general cleaning. They will typically do a quick evaluation to determine if the watch needs more extensive servicing... but if you don't use the watch all that often, chances are it will not be necessary. A full service costs $600 and up.

At the point of servicing, you may want to polish the case, which will set up back by $130. If you want to get someone outside to polish the case to save cost, you may want to do it before you send it for maintenance service. This is because the polishing rouge may get into the gasket area and ruin the water resistance. So, change the gasket only after you are done polishing.

I think not servicing the watch and wearing it in Singapore is penny-wise-pound-foolish. I have a friend who wore an old Rolex unserviced. As the water proofing gasket was worn out, sweat and water got into the watch and it required expensive repairs after that.

Comment

For a simple non complications JLC, I was told it would cost $770. with complications costs $850 n above.. This was last year's price.. Maybe now may have increase already..

Comment

What sandisk7 and I have quoted above are current prices. My watch is at the service centre right now.

Comment

Originally posted by nottipiglet View Post
                What sandisk7 and I have quoted above are current prices. My watch is at the service centre right now.
                Hi, tks for the info and sharing...I'm more enlightened now.
                Congrats on the rdm, i've seen sandisk7 photos of it...v nice! And I think the bracelet is v unique.

Comment

Originally posted by Forsei View Post
                  Hi, tks for the info and sharing...I'm more enlightened now.
                  Congrats on the rdm, i've seen sandisk7 photos of it...v nice! And I think the bracelet is v unique.
                  Thanks.

I probably paid too much for it... but I like, and I can't seem to find another black-faced RDM anywhere. I sent it in to have the gaskets refreshed so that I can wear it without worrying about water/sweat getting in... at least for the next couple of years.

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X