Nav Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse

Nav Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I have a Old Omega Automatic watch (abt 30years ago)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have a Old Omega Automatic watch (abt 30years ago)

but the watch is spoil. may i know where is the omega service center?

i ask at a HDB watch shop and need 250 to repair it.

The shop uncle told me its the bearing of the auto-plate spoil.

and is it worth it to repair such an old watch?

is it a steel case ? Constellation ?

Comment

Hmm...HDB watch shop.....hmmmmmmm...I dunno if reliable not lehs. I prefer to go to the preowned shops....more reliable I feel...

IF the watch belonged to your dad or someone important...has sentimental value...I will say...any amount is worth
      Last edited by triton; 27-10-08, 07:39 AM.

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

hi ,
        have you repair the watch alr ?
        are you still sellin the watch ,
        if yes do email me at kimerlyn@live.com
        thanks

Comment

Theses are the pic of the spoiled omega. its Seamaster. Cali. 503. Production year is 1958. It need major repair. went to cabin time to check, the bearing of the auto plate need to be change. there are also cracks on the glass. anyone can tell me about how much to repair it and where is the best place to repair. Swatch Group? Thanks for your time and your opinion will be helpful to me.

Comment

i previously owned a few vintage omega seamasters, and have sent one to swatch, 2 to my watchmaker in TKSC. omega did a terrific job restoring it and i paid a giant bill for it, sold it without any profit.

my watchmaker (K2) didn't do as good a job only because he does not have the backing of Bienne, but both watches came back well serviced and well regulated.

i sold one and kept the other. again, no profit. so i think you should first consider what you will do with the watch after it gets repaired.

the 530 seamaster is not contemporarily sized (ie, small) and you may not end up wearing it regularly.

if the case can't stand up to your wearing routine (ie, too rough, too wet, too sweaty?) then you may not want to wear it regularly either.

in those 2 scenarios, there's no point repairing the watch. you're better off setting it aside for now or auctioning/selling it off for someone else who is passionate about it as a restoration project.

if you have emotional or personal reasons for restoring the watch, then you're probably gonna want to send it to a competent watch maker OR even better (but pricier), send it into omega at wheelock place.

no one here (i think) can accurately tell you how much it will take to service your vintage watch. when i said "emotional or personal reasons" it included the itchiness for a "new watch" to wear. you know what i mean.

many watchmakers have been listed on the forum, you can google or use yellowpages to find out their numbers and tell them what is wrong with your watch and they can give you a quote over the phone.

either way money has to be forked out, and watches (especially vintage ones) should always be assumed a bottomless pit.

my question to you is (assuming you read this): are you willing to spend the money?
            “Watches, no matter how much they cost, are better at telling time than making a person happy.” - Thomas J. Stanley

Comment

this watch is given by my dad and for sure im going to fix it. just that i wish to know a place that can fix it good but dun cost so much. cause im new so i dunno where to go and where is trust worthy. Btw, where is TKSC? and K2.

Repairing this watch is not for making profit for me. Cause money cant buy memories.

Thanks for your reply. Bro Taxico

Comment

k2 is at tanjong katong shopping center... i think near paya lebar mrt station or somewhere along that train line.

google for his number and give him a call. he is more versed in mandarin than english. explain, then ask for a quote.

i know how you feel - i've restored a broken vintage seiko handed down to me at a cost that far exceeds a brand new one and i still feel satisfaction everytime i wear it despite its age and shape.

good luck with your repair job and keep us posted!
                “Watches, no matter how much they cost, are better at telling time than making a person happy.” - Thomas J. Stanley

Comment

bro... my dad had a piece given to him around 1970+
                  It was dead.

Swatch (Omega service center at Wheelock place) could not handle.. Had to send to Swiss.... Got a quote after 3-4wks that is about 1.7k.
                  The internal oil dried up, need thorough overhaul, change plastic, and a new steel strap (prev was leather).

We proceeded with it due to sentimental value and he was damn happy after that...

Its worth it especially if its sentimental as $$ cannot measure its worth...

Desired horologes ...

- IWC Portuguese Automatic
                  - GMT II
                  - GMT IIc TT
                  - Reverso Squadra Hometime (7008620)/ Reverso Squadra
                  - Master Eight Days (1608420)
                  - U1
                  - IWC Aquatimer

An exquisite timepiece, brings timeless memories and precious moments...

Comment

Thanks for the reply. Appriciate it.

Comment

Vintage Omega

Yes you should restore it and wear it with pride! In fact, I think vintage Omega watches are worth keeping. In the 1950s & 60s, Omega was even more well known than Rolex and was the aspirational watch then, especially the constellation series.

Comment

Originally posted by stektan View Post
                        Yes you should restore it and wear it with pride! In fact, I think vintage Omega watches are worth keeping. In the 1950s & 60s, Omega was even more well known than Rolex and was the aspirational watch then, especially the constellation series.
                        i can see the passion you have in omega vintage watch.

where would you recommand me to restore my dad's timepiece?

Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by 5hing View Post
                          but the watch is spoil. may i know where is the omega service center?

i ask at a HDB watch shop and need 250 to repair it.

The shop uncle told me its the bearing of the auto-plate spoil.

and is it worth it to repair such an old watch?
                          Hi
                          I know this is an old thread.
                          Was just wondering whether you hv had any luck restoring yr vintage omega.
                          I have a few in my collection and am looking to refinish one of the dials.
                          Thx.

Comment

Originally posted by KLT View Post
                            Hi
                            I know this is an old thread.
                            Was just wondering whether you hv had any luck restoring yr vintage omega.
                            I have a few in my collection and am looking to refinish one of the dials.
                            Thx.
                            Yeah, its now restore and i had given it to my wife as gift

Look for Goh Seo Choon Watch Shop, its located at smith street blk 335 #01-168

reasonable price

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X