Buying a 2nd hand Rolex..Help!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buying a 2nd hand Rolex..Help!!

Hi all, I'm a newbie. Hope you can give me some much-needed advise asap. I want to buy a 2nd hand 69173 (no box/no papers) from an Ebay vendor, who also has a shop in singapore (Far East watches at Golden Landmark). Anyone has bought watches from them or heard of them? Are they a reliable used Rolex seller? If i purchase a Rolex from them that has a re-finished dial and bezel, can I still take it to RLC for authentication? I know RLC will not service a Rolex that has no original dial/bezel etc, but will they do an appraisal? (I heard its $75-100 for one). Would appreciate your quick reply as I plan to go down to their place in a day or two. Thanks a lot.

RSC will not do an appraisal (how much your rolex worth), but with $75, they can tell you whether the rolex is 100% original. If you doubt the rolex you are about to purchase, send it to RSC and get all your questions answered there.

Originally posted by mickey2006 View Post
    Hi all, I'm a newbie. Hope you can give me some much-needed advise asap. I want to buy a 2nd hand 69173 (no box/no papers) from an Ebay vendor, who also has a shop in singapore (Far East watches at Golden Landmark). Anyone has bought watches from them or heard of them? Are they a reliable used Rolex seller? If i purchase a Rolex from them that has a re-finished dial and bezel, can I still take it to RLC for authentication? I know RLC will not service a Rolex that has no original dial/bezel etc, but will they do an appraisal? (I heard its $75-100 for one). Would appreciate your quick reply as I plan to go down to their place in a day or two. Thanks a lot.

Comment

nothing more i can add. but beware that aftermarket/refinished dials will not be serviced by RSC
      [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
      [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
      Blue 6694
      Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
      [U]"My collection"[/U]:
      [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

I said this in my other post...

10000000000000000% not worth..

U send to RSC to check...u kena "fine" jialat jialat...they wont let u claim back ur watch until u pay for all the new parts...which totals up to 1-2k+

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

Hi all, thanks for all your postings...like that "jialat lor"....want to buy but scared not real inside or got generic stuff inside instead of original..if bring to RLC, some more kena hentam kau-lat, kau-lat...sounds like a catch-22 situation..in that case, anyone heard of the seller, Far East Watches? Are they reputable? Really thanks for your quick replies

Comment

If they find out there is after-market parts in the rolex, they will still work on it meh?

Originally posted by Darkangel View Post
            I said this in my other post...

10000000000000000% not worth..

U send to RSC to check...u kena "fine" jialat jialat...they wont let u claim back ur watch until u pay for all the new parts...which totals up to 1-2k+

Comment

TS, why not state what you are looking for?? Think most bro here will probably give you the correct advice. Anything from ebay selling watches that are cheap and will not meet up together at RSC (NOT RLC!!!) to check for authencity, you most probably better off giving me the money man.. wahhahaha..

If you are no hurry, it pays to be wise and do some research first...

Desired horologes ...

- IWC Portuguese Automatic
              - GMT II
              - GMT IIc TT
              - Reverso Squadra Hometime (7008620)/ Reverso Squadra
              - Master Eight Days (1608420)
              - U1
              - IWC Aquatimer

An exquisite timepiece, brings timeless memories and precious moments...

Comment

Originally posted by 116520 View Post
                If they find out there is after-market parts in the rolex, they will still work on it meh?
                You pass the watch to ask them to check....they check got problem dun return to u 1.

Hi all, thanks for all your postings...like that "jialat lor"....want to buy but scared not real inside or got generic stuff inside instead of original..if bring to RLC, some more kena hentam kau-lat, kau-lat...sounds like a catch-22 situation..in that case, anyone heard of the seller, Far East Watches? Are they reputable? Really thanks for your quick replies
                no inside is not a problem usually. Outside u already got big problem...u will kena damn jialat...

Yes they are reputable....but I find not worth it their stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by jazz_samz View Post
                  TS, why not state what you are looking for?? Think most bro here will probably give you the correct advice. Anything from ebay selling watches that are cheap and will not meet up together at RSC (NOT RLC!!!) to check for authencity, you most probably better off giving me the money man.. wahhahaha..

If you are no hurry, it pays to be wise and do some research first...
                  Yeah agree. We can help source or recommend him places =)

Comment

REally? So scaring one huh? But do they have the right to do that????

Originally posted by Darkangel View Post
                    You pass the watch to ask them to check....they check got problem dun return to u 1.

no inside is not a problem usually. Outside u already got big problem...u will kena damn jialat...

Yes they are reputable....but I find not worth it their stuff.

Comment

Thanks for all your input bro! If the seller won't meet up with me at RSC (sorry lah...too excited, so kept typing RLC, as in Ro-Lex-Center...hehe..) to do authenticity check first (before me parting with $$), don't buy. Can you recommend any good, reliable and reputable pre-owned Rolex shops? I read some threads that say "Shin Tat" in Fortune Centre, but the thread's old (July 2007). Any shops you can suggest so i can check them out? Thanks. BTW, Rolex Center doesn't sell pre-owned rolex ah? (Sorry, i newbie, just asking...don't know must ask lah, then only can learn...). I was so surprised to learn that RSC will "detain" my watch if its got non-genuine or old parts in it and insists that they be changed before they will return watch to me. Isn't that against the law? If parts are not genuine, can't i get back watch from them so i can sue the shop i bought it from? Cant they "detain" my watch just like that? Thanks!!

Comment

Originally posted by 116520 View Post
                        REally? So scaring one huh? But do they have the right to do that????
                        You can do anything to your watch actually. Add this add that....just dun bring to RSC lor.

Thanks for all your input bro! If the seller won't meet up with me at RSC (sorry lah...too excited, so kept typing RLC, as in Ro-Lex-Center...hehe..) to do authenticity check first (before me parting with $$), don't buy. Can you recommend any good, reliable and reputable pre-owned Rolex shops? I read some threads that say "Shin Tat" in Fortune Centre, but the thread's old (July 2007). Any shops you can suggest so i can check them out? Thanks. BTW, Rolex Center doesn't sell pre-owned rolex ah? (Sorry, i newbie, just asking...don't know must ask lah, then only can learn...). I was so surprised to learn that RSC will "detain" my watch if its got non-genuine or old parts in it and insists that they be changed before they will return watch to me. Isn't that against the law? If parts are not genuine, can't i get back watch from them so i can sue the shop i bought it from? Cant they "detain" my watch just like that? Thanks!!
                        My dealer is Shin Tat @ Fortune centre...well u can bet he's great!

No Rolex centre doesn't sell any watches...thought they have some on display.

Hey...take note...non genuine parts yes they will detain...old parts as long as it's original Rolex item is ok. But if the old part actually fits in that is.

No it is not against the law to do anything to the watch. Because ultimately u paid for it u are the owner...u can do anything to it. It's just that RSC doesn't accept it. That's all. ONLY RSC cares if ur watch has genuine parts or not..it's their policy only that's not against the law. Not anyone else's

You bring to outside repair person is ok...thats why those that buy with aftermarket parts always go outside to do...cheaper and just as gd. And dun force u to buy things at chop carrot prices
                        Last edited by Darkangel; 08-07-08, 11:54 PM.

Comment

rolex parts all kenna we hor lan (anyhow markup), damn expensive. and having an aftermarket part wont help you either, they will tell you that to service must change .
                          [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
                          [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
                          Blue 6694
                          Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
                          [U]"My collection"[/U]:
                          [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

Just 1 point to bring up to TS....

It's alright to buy/sell Rolex with aftermarket parts...just dun bring to RSC.Simple as that...hahaha

Comment

er....IMO i prefer the parts to be original and not aftermarket unless for vintage pieces..lolz...
                              Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak

Courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen

Quoted from Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X