KL hokkien mee

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KL hokkien mee

anyone know of any stall selling this KL hokkien mee also known as tai lok mee? million thks for anyone tat had lobang for this powderfull food.

there is a cafe at blk 3,queens road selling tai lok mee !their hor fun also quite deadly !

enjoy !

Comment

There used to be a self proclaimed: "Hokkien Mee King" opp shaw towers.
      Got pic of him frying hokkien mee with gold and rolex hanging off him.
      Dunno where they moved to.
      Holding
      Azimuth - Jadgbomber
      Hermes - Clipper
      Orient - Diver 200m
      Perrelet* - Dual Time
      Pierre Balmain* - Gold Plaque 10 Microns Quartz
      Raymond Weil* - Don Giovanni Chronograph
      Rolex - 1603 HG (Yr 1943)
      Rolex* - 1603 HG - Golden Computer Dial (Yr 1967)
      Rolex* - 16018 Yellow Gold
      Sarcar* - Mistral Rose Gold
      Seiko* - Atlas 200m
      Seiko - Diver 200m
      Tissot* - Heritage 150 Anniversary
      Titoni* - Airmaster
      * = Sale
      Wife: even my bags don't cost as much!

Comment

Go to Big Eater Seafood at Jalan Pari Burong. They have the Tai Lok Mee very close to KL standard. Their crabs there is also good.

Comment

Yet to find a real authentic one like those in KL.......

Comment

there are actually 2 interpretations of hokkien mee as far as I know

(1) SG version - mixture of yellow noodles and beehoon (may be the thick ones or thin ones) cook in stock with prawns, squid and pork belly (really authentic ones... these days, they put fish cake - yuck!)
            - if you are referring to this, can check out Tian Tian Lai at TP Lor 1 market, or East Coast Road coffee shop (next to Al Forno's), the stall is called Geylang Lor 29.
            - the guy in long sleeve shirt frying hokkien noodles... IMO, very very over-rated

(2) Malaysian version - flat yellow noodles fried in a broth that has dark soya sauce to it, covered with seafood, sliced pork, etc.
            I suspect when you mentioned KL Hokkien noodles, you are referring to this.
            Yet to find a good one in SG....

Comment

Kims

Originally posted by moky View Post
              There used to be a self proclaimed: "Hokkien Mee King" opp shaw towers.
              Got pic of him frying hokkien mee with gold and rolex hanging off him.
              Dunno where they moved to.
              Its call the Kims , one of their branch is at 164 , yio chu kang road , near to House of Seafood and prata house .
              Yes that guy likes to fried hokkien mee, wearing his TT DJ back than ,
              The hokkien mee , quite nice, there is also a few other must try dish.
              I always Go there for dinner.
              Focal JM_Labs .
              "The Sprits Of Sounds".

Rolex WG Daytona D series Silver dial 116509
              Rolex RG DD II with pink diamond dial V Series 218235
              Rolex YG President DD with Diamond and Ruby 18038
              Rolex Explorer I Black D series 114270
              Rolex DJ TT Grey Dial 16233
              Rolex Precision 6694 Black Dial
              Rolex Precision 6694 Silver Dial
              Rolex Oyster Perpetual Z series black dial 176200
              Panerai 233K 8 days power reserve
              Cartier Santos 100XL
              Hublot Big Bang Edition 44mm

Comment

dun tink our sg can match to KL hokkien mee standard

in kl a lot of pork lard are used, tats the reason is super nice........

Comment

Originally posted by BRABUS View Post
                  Its call the Kims , one of their branch is at 164 , yio chu kang road , near to House of Seafood and prata house .
                  Yes that guy likes to fried hokkien mee, wearing his TT DJ back than ,
                  The hokkien mee , quite nice, there is also a few other must try dish.
                  I always Go there for dinner.
                  1 at Jalan Eunos nr jln kechot

another 1 at Joo Chiat beside the Kwan Yin Temple BIG Carpark. Diagonally across is the famous joo chiat madame low or 老板娘 coffeee shop.. where "pretty babes" hang out

Th rolex uncle used to operate a stall at S11 coffee shop at AMK (beside the old former bus interchange). That time his SG style fried hokkien prawn noodles, he says no. 2 ..... no one dare to say NO. 1
                  劳心者治人, 劳力者治于人。 治人者食人, 治与人者食与人。

善恶之报,如影随形。福祸无门,唯人自招!

Comment

Originally posted by 1248614 View Post
                    (1) SG version - mixture of yellow noodles and beehoon (may be the thick ones or thin ones) cook in stock with prawns, squid and pork belly (really authentic ones... these days, they put fish cake - yuck!)
                    - if you are referring to this, can check out Tian Tian Lai at TP Lor 1 market, or East Coast Road coffee shop (next to Al Forno's), the stall is called Geylang Lor 29.
                    - the guy in long sleeve shirt frying hokkien noodles... IMO, very very over-rated
                    there is oso a stall at Lor 29 geylang . they are bros. that's why they called themselves lor 29 fried hokkien mee.

善恶之报,如影随形。福祸无门,唯人自招!

Comment

Originally posted by 4Dvisor View Post
                      Th rolex uncle used to operate a stall at S11 coffee shop at AMK (beside the old former bus interchange). That time his SG style fried hokkien prawn noodles, he says no. 2 ..... no one dare to say NO. 1
                      this rolex toting uncle was operating stalls in 1001 places, but many of them did not sustain.
                      guess his hokkien noodle could not match his overhype advertising campaigns.

Comment

Originally posted by surestik View Post
                        this rolex toting uncle was operating stalls in 1001 places, but many of them did not sustain.
                        guess his hokkien noodle could not match his overhype advertising campaigns.
                        That time No 2...........now....... maybe no 3 ......or no 4........liao.........

hawker food is like tat wan.......

many stalls = many money = standards oso drop

善恶之报,如影随形。福祸无门,唯人自招!

Comment

Got 1 stall not bad at AMK ave 10 blk 473 mkt facing main road. I always make it a point to eat when i visit my cousin.
                          Current Collection
                          -------------------
                          GMTIIc SS "M" series
                          PAM 48

Comment

Originally posted by eric3417 View Post
                            Got 1 stall not bad at AMK ave 10 blk 473 mkt facing main road. I always make it a point to eat when i visit my cousin.

is it the tian tian lai fried prawn mee with belachan?

Comment

Where to get very good KL Hokkien Mee with lots of pork fat in Singapore ?
                              Thank you so much

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X