Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• import duties?

hi guys

thinking of buying a used omega over the internet.

will i be hit with import duties when it comes into singapore?

tks in advance.

No import duties...just 7% GST for anything SGD$400 and above. (Not including shipping)
    [FONT="Verdana"][B]The Best Dive Is Always The Next One[/B][/FONT]

Comment

tks so much!

Comment

if you can get the seller to send you as gift or under-declare, you can get waived from the GST either way. =X

Comment

That would be quite dangerous to under declare as the watch is usually of high value and insured. I wouldn't take the chance but to declare full value.

7% GST and if you use FedEx, there will be an extra admin charges a few dollars. Best is to use normal postage/registered airmail.

Comment

Originally posted by Wenda View Post
            7% GST and if you use FedEx, there will be an extra admin charges a few dollars. Best is to use normal postage/registered airmail.
            admin charges apply to all freight companies (TNT/fedex/UPS/etc).

however, sometimes these companies will absorb the charge if it's not too expensive.

not sure what the exact threshold/condition is, but i've had a few >US$1,500 fedex shipments that i did not get charged GST for.

the downside of registered mail is... slow! fedex moves it over from north america in about 2-3 days (pacific route).
            “Watches, no matter how much they cost, are better at telling time than making a person happy.” - Thomas J. Stanley

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
            Working...
            X