• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am in love with this...

Speedmaster Meteorite Dial...

But too expensive, for my blood...

http://www.watchestrends.com/meteori...niversary.html

The Apollo-Soyuz Test Project mission has great political, technological and historical significance for the entire world. In this project, spacecraft built by different counties had docked for the first time. It also mark an age of cooperation in space, stimulating different nations to join efforts to build a permanently occupied space station.

The project was witnessed by two leaders, astronaut Lieutenant General Thomas P. Stafford (USA) and cosmonaut Lieutenant General Alexei A. Leonov (USSR). They met in the docking hatch which linked their respective spacecraft. It is OMEGA Speedmaster Professional chronographs that these space pioneers wore in this historical mission, which was also remembered for the last launch of an Apollo spacecraft.

To commemorate this significant project, the famous Swiss watchmaker OMEGA has released the Speedmaster Professional Apollo-Soyuz “35th Anniversary” chronograph in a limited edition of 1975 pieces. The dial is a single piece cut from a meteorite. The meteorite has unusual structure since it suffers very high temperature when entering the Earth’s atmosphere, followed by a period of cooling. It features great resistance as a result of its survival from our planet’s atmosphere and the high-speed impact with the terrestrial surface. Each timepiece in the limited edition is undoubtedly unique since on two pieces of the meteorite are exactly alike.

The three chronograph counters are placed in triangle and appear in the meteorite’s natural color. The black color of the meteorite dial results from a surface oxidation process. The watch features a caseback that reveals a image and inscriptions to mark the 35th anniversary of the Speedmaster Professional Apollo-Soyuz “35th Anniversary” chronograph.
    [FONT="Verdana"][B]The Best Dive Is Always The Next One[/B][/FONT]

Absolutely love it! It's a big drool just looking at it.

Comment

not a huge fan of the moon watch but a slice of meteorite as its dial is indeed uniquely Omega, the chronos look pleasing to the eye, well spaced and doesnt give me a headache looking at it...

one word "wow"...

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
      Working...
      X