Nav Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse

Nav Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Opinions needed: Seiko FrankenMonster - Colours & Rarity?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Opinions needed: Seiko FrankenMonster - Colours & Rarity?

I have passed on three FrankenMonsters that really caught my eye in the past few months: the all-black metal bracelet, the yellow dial rubber strap, and most recently the orange dial rubber strap. I have seen blue dial on the net, and have also been told by a watch shop that a white dial exists in Singapore. ARe these all the colours released so far?

End of the day, I want to have not more than two frankens, and one has to be the orange dial. Any suggestions on the other choice, with a view to "rarity" of either colours?

Appreciate all insights

sms/whatsapp to 9OO3-8999

Seiko FrankenMonster

I have not seen a white dial. There's a lot at Mustafa under the export section selling at 300+ onwards. They have all colours. Black, yellow, orange, blue and steel. Just got my mini monster there.
    Current:
    Rolex Submariner 16610LV
    Rolex Explorer II 16570 Black Dial
    Rolex Datejust 68273
    Rolex 6694 Silver Tapestry Dial
    Omega Seamaster Professional
    Omega Speedmaster Auto 3539.50
    Ebel Sports 181909

Wishlist:

Rolex GMT Master II 16710 (coke bezel)
    Rolex Seadweller 16600

Comment

Thanks for the reply bro

Comment

the link below will leave you wanting more... these are full-sized monsters, not of the mini-monster variant (not to be-little the mini, but just to highlight there's a difference)

http://www.thewatchsite.com/index.php?topic=170.0

Comment

Hi to threadstarter, the Frankenmonster is a nice watch with super bright lume.

Comes in blue with bracelet (skz245), yellow bracelet or rubber (skz251), orange rubber only (skz249), black with steel bracelet (skz247), black/PVD case/black bezel with partial PVD bracelet (skz253) and the famous all black PVD with bracelet(skz255).

Despite many people calling it a beast or giant, I think it's size is overrated. The case including rubber shroud is 47mm but tapers upwards from caseback to front. That leaves you with a 40mm bezel width. Not exactly huge for a dive watch. Minus the nice racheting bezel you get only 32mm of dial. Also, this watch has short lugs.

All the above mentioned makes this watch feels smaller than it really is. Makes it look and wear more like a 42mm. But it is still a good size for many collectors.

PM me and I can show you where to get this at better price.

Comment

Thanks for the inputs bros.

@PJ: I'm done with getting the ones I want. Bought an orange franken, and have put it on bracelet. The rubber strap went to the full black PVD franken that I also bought. Managed to buy below King Wah's prices. Think I'll stop at 2 frankens.

I put the PVD black piece on rubber because I felt that the stock PVD bracelet is a little too glossy, and rubber feels more "tactical".
            The orange went on a normal SS franken bracelet simply because they are not available with bracelet. Orange dial because there's actually a functional reason for orange.

@bamforte: Yeah I've seen that thread before. Awesome man. Anyway, I'm also done with my Monsters. I had an OM and BM several years back, sold them, regretted, and am now the proud owner of another OM/BM pair.

I brushed my BM, so the entire watch looks "darker"and less glossy.

Comment

Originally posted by HerzAusStahl View Post
              Thanks for the inputs bros.

@PJ: I'm done with getting the ones I want. Bought an orange franken, and have put it on bracelet. The rubber strap went to the full black PVD franken that I also bought. Managed to buy below King Wah's prices. Think I'll stop at 2 frankens.

I put the PVD black piece on rubber because I felt that the stock PVD bracelet is a little too glossy, and rubber feels more "tactical".
              The orange went on a normal SS franken bracelet simply because they are not available with bracelet. Orange dial because there's actually a functional reason for orange.

@bamforte: Yeah I've seen that thread before. Awesome man. Anyway, I'm also done with my Monsters. I had an OM and BM several years back, sold them, regretted, and am now the proud owner of another OM/BM pair.

I brushed my BM, so the entire watch looks "darker"and less glossy.

Hey Bro,

Care to share some pics of the brushing? I'm very interested in trying to PVD a black monster but have had no luck so far. Wanna see how a brushed monster looks like.

Thank you!

Comment

The Frankenmonsters are a good catch; I have the black one on a NATO strap. And the lume is indeed super bright.

I'd also love to see the brushed BM, do share.
                SO MANY WATCHES, SO LITTLE TIME.

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                Working...
                X