Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Preowned Rolex at too high price???

Guys,

OK, i know it's a willing seller, willing buyer market. Since I decide to get my 2nd DJ and since I join this forum, I notice many bros selling their preowned watches here.

I have also gone to several preowned shops to shop ard for one (not to mentioned a certain "Very Expensive" one).

Can I know if the series of the watch do determine the price difference in say the same watch?

EG: A newer series DJ 116200 will cost more than a older series DJ 116200 even if all other aspect is the same?

Poll:

A preowned DJ 116200 bought between Jan 08 to June 08 - Going at between $5.5K to $5.8K compared to a brand new one at $5.9K (after 21% less paying in cash) - which one will you get?

Comment

Originally posted by jazziceman View Post
      Guys,

OK, i know it's a willing seller, willing buyer market. Since I decide to get my 2nd DJ and since I join this forum, I notice many bros selling their preowned watches here.

I have also gone to several preowned shops to shop ard for one (not to mentioned a certain "Very Expensive" one).

Can I know if the series of the watch do determine the price difference in say the same watch?

EG: A newer series DJ 116200 will cost more than a older series DJ 116200 even if all other aspect is the same?
      Usually....not every aspect will be the same. Because even if both are of same condition....there's 1 thing different that's warrenty. If it's a 2 month old 116200 there's still 1 year and 10 more months to go. While a 1 year old 116200 has another 1 year only.

So YES you can say that..the series does determine the price difference. But it's on depends on the model and situation.Note not all models work like that.

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

Poll:

A preowned DJ 116200 bought between Jan 08 to June 08 - Going at between $5.5K to $5.8K compared to a brand new one at $5.9K (after 21% less paying in cash) - which one will you get?
        The prices are not attractive enough for me to go preowned. So in this case...brand new

Comment

Originally posted by Darkangel View Post
          The prices are not attractive enough for me to go preowned. So in this case...brand new

so in ur opinion, what should be the selling price of a preowned (2-6 months old) DJ 116200?

Comment

I would say 6 months old...5k~

It's up to u to put the pricing

Comment

hmmm...so i shld be looking at something ard $5K region or ard 30 - 35% off retail liao..

Comment

hmmm...so i shld be looking at something ard $5K region or ard 30 - 35% off retail liao..

Well if you are the seller...you set the price...I just give you a guide.

If you are the buyer...then bargain as much as u can hehehe

Comment

also thinking of gg for pre-owned for datejust. But the prices are not very attractive. A second hand one is selling at 5k and a brand new is ard 5.9; to me, i will rather go for a brand new. At least, it is in a "virgin" condition.

Comment

you should be asking what price are you comfortable to go preowned. for my the "savings" should be about 40-50% for me to jump to preowned.
                    [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
                    [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
                    Blue 6694
                    Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
                    [U]"My collection"[/U]:
                    [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

Originally posted by estrangable View Post
                      also thinking of gg for pre-owned for datejust. But the prices are not very attractive. A second hand one is selling at 5k and a brand new is ard 5.9; to me, i will rather go for a brand new. At least, it is in a "virgin" condition.
                      "Virgin"... First time heard tis term used for watches. Com 2 think of it, can oso la. Since we "screw" the crown, so new means nt "screwed" yet??
                      The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Originally posted by estrangable View Post
                        True...if it was me...I rather go for brand new...if that's the case la

Comment

The rule of thumb for me if its a used piece of a current model, then 30% off general retail (not list). If it is a discontinued model, then have to do some research at the pre-owned shops.

For sports models, its about 20% off new retail at PARALLEL importer if its really spanking new current model... otherwise, 30% off.

Comment

Alamak 40-50% is not realistic

Originally posted by seiko.citizen View Post
                            you should be asking what price are you comfortable to go preowned. for my the "savings" should be about 40-50% for me to jump to preowned.
                            And if you can get it at that price, better run as fast as you can, it's either going to have a corroded case, or have a broken rotor or mainspring or is a stolen watch!

Comment

Normally people....

Originally posted by Oceanklassik View Post
                              "Virgin"... First time heard tis term used for watches. Com 2 think of it, can oso la. Since we "screw" the crown, so new means nt "screwed" yet??
                              wind up the crown..... "screw" is a verb used in other contexts.....

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X