Grand Carrera

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grand Carrera

Hi anyone into this watch? My friend has one, its really quite cool.

How much is one ah? Heard this series v hard to get discount, is it true? Cant wait to call AD tmr morning
    Just a 16613 Blue TT Sub

hmmm. there's a BNIB piece going for 8800 i think at lucky plaza. its the preowned shop opposite tangs, next to world of sports.

I think the usual discount for this piece is 10% at WOS.
    wish list.

1. Franck Muller Casablanca XL
    2. Tag Heuer Carrera, not racing model
    3. IWC 5001

Comment

Wow is that the watch on the Tag Heuer website? The Grand Carrera Calibre 17 RS?

I m tempted! Its either that or the normal Carrera with rubber strap. Hehe
      Just a 16613 Blue TT Sub

Comment

hmmm. there's one selling at JW now also.

http://www.jwwatch.com/showpro_detai...?id=41&cat=210

check it out! haha. really fine watch. but i prefer the clean lines of the normal carrera. brad pitt.
        wish list.

3. IWC 5001

Comment

Yeah that was wat prompted me to post, the JW Watch website... wow brand new is 8K plus? For a tag? Faint. Can get TT rolex at this price
          Just a 16613 Blue TT Sub

Comment

I agree. Tags are not worth that price. ha. Mass produced pieces.
            wish list.

3. IWC 5001

Comment

Wow, good taste, u got a blue 16613 too!! Hahaha.

If i get the normal carrera, in blue, u think its waste of money too?
              Just a 16613 Blue TT Sub

Comment

hahaha. the blue is in the wishlist! not yet. haha.

hmmm. i had the tag heuer carrera before. I think you should look to the pre owned market for good prices cos' the resale value is bad. so you should get a good deal.

and you already have a blue watch. why would you want another blue tag? haha. get the black. its a classic.
                wish list.

3. IWC 5001

Comment

Oh wishlist. I wanted the FM Casablanca XL too!

And I want all my watches to have a blue dial if possible. So that when I m famous some day, when Straits Times interview me, I can show them my blue watches, heh heh heh. But i agree with u, the black look more classic. The blue looks a bit weird.

Recently under a lot of stress, seriously need a watch to motivate myself, v bad coping mechanism.

To be frank, i dont really trust preowned watches. If pple dont want it, maybe got some trouble with it. I intend to wear it for my coming exams and i dont need bad luck. Heh heh.

1. Carrera chrono in rubber
                  2. Cartier Santos 100
                  3. Grand Carrera
                  4. Zenith El Primero
                  5. Vuitton Tambour
                  6. Chopard Mille Miglia

In the list, i think the cheapest is the rubber carrera oredi. Good buy or goodbye?
                  Just a 16613 Blue TT Sub

Comment

haha. wow. ur exams need precise time ah? haha. hmm

I reckon that the carrera is the cheapest. and u've got 2 fashion watches there like the cartier and the LV. the zenith and the grand carrera are expensive and the chopard, i dunno, i feel it gets a litte boring looking at it after a while. no offence. haha.

If u can. get the zenith. if u can't. save up for one.

Preowned doesn't mean bad. the tag i sold was in great condition. i just needed to offload it to buy another piece. ha. You can get a carrera for ard 2k preowned. meaning a savings of at least 1k plus.
                    wish list.

3. IWC 5001

Comment

U owned a carrera before? Or which tag was it? U know la, the guy could have brought it to Dragon, or Geylang, haha.

BTW my exam needs v precise time. Really v v precise.

Haha. So its gonna be this carrera. I love the Zenith, and the open heart thingy. Its so cool... but so ex.

Tmr gonna call JW and ask about the price of the Grand Carrera, and then the rubber Cartier Santos 100. If both are too expensive, i will run to THG and buy the carrera. Or got cheaper places?
                      Last edited by Bluedevil; 09-08-08, 01:48 AM.
                      Just a 16613 Blue TT Sub

Comment

haha. are you a medical student? doing cases and clerking? haha. hmmm.

yes. i've had the normal carrera before on a leather strap. Loved it. but had to let it go.

just to let u know. the tag heuer grand carrera caliber 17 is basically an ETA 2894/2 movement. just so u know what your buying. nothing in house abt it.

Go with what you like. regardless of resale value or anything. that way. you'll be happy and have one less stress off your mind when ur clerking.\

good luck
                        wish list.

3. IWC 5001

Comment

So u let it go becos its an ETA?
                          Last edited by Bluedevil; 09-08-08, 10:30 AM.
                          Just a 16613 Blue TT Sub

Comment

haha. no i'm not a doc. But my friend has been telling me horror stories since forever. and urs just sounded like one. haha. Are you a med student or a MO trainee?

hmmm. I let her go because i simply valued the incoming watch more than her. Her movement was a valjoux 7750 which is a damn reliable but cheap movt. but that had nothing to do with it. ha.

go down to jw and check out the tag. feel it up. if u dun get that smile on ur face. then its not for you. no rush! ha.
                            wish list.

3. IWC 5001

Comment

Oh dear, ur friend is letting too much out of the bag lol. U know all our terms dude. Not acceptable. Haha.

And thanks, u just ruined my feelings for the rubber carrera. I know its a 7750, but i didnt know its cheap, arghh
                              Last edited by Bluedevil; 09-08-08, 10:29 AM.
                              Just a 16613 Blue TT Sub

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X