Sharing a Seiko Mod project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sharing a Seiko Mod project

Just to share a recent mod with one of my Seiko 5. purchased this Seiko 5 from my watchmaker to be used as my base, IMO, this model looks very dressy as compares to other Seiko 5 model. Clean bezel markings & a nice case. A good base for a mod. Somehow it reminds me of a 'Poor Man Grand Seiko' from far

My idea was to mod it into a 'PMGS' kinda look, dressy concept perhaps hence I started hunting for dials. I knew it will be difficult to find a correct type of 'dressy' dial, furthermore, it has to be meant for 4 o'clock crown type of dial.

Searched dials from noah & yobokies but the dials available are either too military or non-compatible. So I'm left with only one dial choice from noah. So I bought the dial from noah. Not sure if I wanted to mod the hands as well, was thinking of using Dauphine hands initially but had abolished the idea since I had bought 'another' type of dial.

A week later, the dial arrived. made my way to my watchmaker to have it installed

Decided to use back the stock hands but not the secondhand. Then decided not to use any secondhand at all, lol..5mins later, the mod was done

A new look. used a vintage strap for it.

bought a khaki nato, seems to go better, the vintage feel.

Thanks for reading

Looks good! Thanks for sharing!
    [FONT="Verdana"][B]The Best Dive Is Always The Next One[/B][/FONT]

Comment

Hi Lunarin, thanks for sharing your mod process. The nato strap looks very gd with the watch. Mind pm me where u go it from? Cos I like to get one for my seiko diver which was modded by yobokies. Thanks in advance. Cheers

Comment

hi bro, thks

i got it from K2, Tanjong Katong Complex #03-K1. Opening hour is

2pm-9pm for wkdays
        2pm-830pm on Sat &
        2pm-630pm on Sun

Comment

Maybe fitted with the second hand will looks better, IMO.

Comment

Nice Cali dial there
            [IMG]http://i53.tinypic.com/208if89.png[/IMG][IMG]http://i51.tinypic.com/2ljjkgi.jpg[/IMG]
            [COLOR="DarkRed"][B][SIZE="3"]"I like my watches like I like women, BIG AND BEAUTIFUL."[/SIZE][/B][/COLOR]

Comment

wow...looks great...wonderful mod...
              Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak

Courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen

Quoted from Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

thks for all the comments guys

@ softup bro: I did consider using a secondhand but decided not to use at the end. I felt the whole case, dial & hands seems to blend in nicely, like a 'still' picture, adding in a sweeping hand might disrupt the flow & the main reason is, I do not have /own any watch which is 'secondhand-less' so this is actually my 1st piece,lol.

@ bigwatchroom bro: bopian, hard to find a compatible dress dial for 7S26 so 没鱼,虾也好. lol. In the end, turned out to be more military than dress but nevertheless, I'm quite satisfied by the result

@ feilong bro: Thks, maybe you can also try doing one Mod for your watches? It's a personal statement & exclusive only to you

Comment

hehehe...me hor have zero ideas for mods de...hehehehe...but your seiko is such a cleaning looking beauty!

Comment

Originally posted by feilong108 View Post
                    hehehe...me hor have zero ideas for mods de...hehehehe...but your seiko is such a cleaning looking beauty!
                    that's the fun part. Once you have selected each different parts & have it assembled & it looks nice, the satisfaction is there

Comment

hehehe....yeah!i like your modded seiko....super swee...hehehehe.....much better looking than the generic seikos out there

Comment

yup, it's fun doing modding here are some of my Seiko mods

6309-7040

before

after

Black Monster simple Mod(chapter ring swap)

SKX023 Mod

Seiko 5 Mod

before

after

Comment

wow..the coffin hands on the 6309 are so nice!!!!eye popping....swee swee....u r the seiko mod king!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by feilong108 View Post
                            wow..the coffin hands on the 6309 are so nice!!!!eye popping....swee swee....u r the seiko mod king!!!!
                            nah..there are other experts out there am just an amateur

Comment

the hands of the 6309 from noah?

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X