Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glashutte Original - Senator Sixties Chronograph

Senator Sixties Chronograph - Attractively Powerful Design

The exciting era of the “wild ’60s” was the source of Glashütte Original’s designers’ inspiration in creating the Senator Sixties line. With the Senator Sixties Chronograph the Saxon manufactory now adds another aesthetic model to a line already so crowned by success.

Turning back time is not necessary in the case of the Senator Sixties Chronograph since this timepiece symbolizes the joie de vivre of the ‘60s very clearly for its wearer. The convex shape of the sapphire crystal on the front and likewise domed dial cleverly attract the observer’s eye. Domed, skeletonized hands glide harmoniously across the satin-finished dial, while the diamond-cut hour markers featuring characteristic dots of SuperLumiNova and the extravagant font of the numerals illustrate design typical of these years.

Glashütte Original’s designers positioned the chronograph totalizers at 3 and 9 o’clock on the 42 millimeter dial. Polished silver zones allow the counters to integrate beautifully into the entire look of the dial design. The start and stop functions of the stylish chronograph are easily activated by the wearer with the aid of rounded buttons placed on the side of the case.

The shaped sapphire crystal case back first seen on the Senator Sixties models is naturally also present on the Senator Sixties Chronograph. It not only allows a direct view into automatic manufacture Caliber 39-52 with its characteristic elements of Glashütte watchmaking such as a three-quarter plate, swan-neck fine adjustment, Glashütte ribbing, and double sunburst decoration, but also for the first time makes a side view of the rotating oscillating weight crafted in 21-karat gold possible.

The energetic look of the Senator Sixties Chronographen is continued in its finely worked crocodile skin strap, the refined scales of which perfectly complete the retro design of this timepiece. The stainless steel model is available with a choice of a silver-colored or black dial.

Glashütte Original represents a living, authentic manufactory, high exclusivity, traditional watchmaking since 1845, exclusive mechanical masterpieces, and “Handmade in Germany.”

nice classic piece..wonder wats de cost of it?

Comment

hey DS,

they're using plastic to protect the movements now isn't it? i believe this GO is one of them?

cheers

james
      I can resist anything but temptation. - Oscar Wilde

Current collection
      A.Lange & Sohne Grand Langematik
      Audemars Piguet ROO
      Blancpain Fifty Fathoms (Dark Knight)
      De Bethune Titan Hawk (DB27)
      Habring2 Pilot Time Date
      Harry Winston Midnight Big Date
      Hublot Aerobang Skeleton
      IWC Portuguese Perpetual Calendar
      Panerai 270
      Patek Philippe 5711/1a
      Rolex 116610LV
      Vacheron Constantin Overseas

Comment

Originally posted by wolfeyes1974 View Post
        hey DS,

they're using plastic to protect the movements now isn't it? i believe this GO is one of them?

cheers

james

err...sorry but what do you mean plastic to protect movement??
        with GO not that i am aware of.
        you mean a layer of plastic on the movement??

Comment

Originally posted by decksurgeon View Post
          err...sorry but what do you mean plastic to protect movement??
          with GO not that i am aware of.
          you mean a layer of plastic on the movement??
          yes a layer of plastic to protect the movements..first of a kind in the industry...

cheers

Current collection
          Audemars Piguet ROO
          Habring2 Pilot Time Date
          Hublot Aerobang Skeleton
          Panerai 270
          Patek Philippe 5711/1a
          Rolex 116610LV

Comment

Originally posted by wolfeyes1974 View Post
            yes a layer of plastic to protect the movements..first of a kind in the industry...

cheers
            then again, i could be mistaken...i read it latest edition of Real Time...i'm sure it's one of the established brands..memory lapses again....

Current collection
            Audemars Piguet ROO
            Habring2 Pilot Time Date
            Hublot Aerobang Skeleton
            Panerai 270
            Patek Philippe 5711/1a
            Rolex 116610LV

Comment

i believe you have the wrong brand.

as far as i know current GO production has no plastic coating on the movement finish.

for GO they use germanic silver (alloy of copper, nickel + silver). it does not need any treatment usually. nor does it oxidize. same with the Lange Movements.

for the 60 range the finishes are: anglesite-finished edges, winding wheel with double sonar finish, three-quarter plate, skeletonised rotor with stripe finish etc......nothing about plastic on them.

the only coating i know of is Epilame. its part of the stuff that keeps the oils in it own place and prevents it from spreading all over the place. Epilame is likely PTFE based. Epilame is commonly used in the watch industry today already.

hope this helps

Comment

Originally posted by decksurgeon View Post
                i believe you have the wrong brand.

as far as i know current GO production has no plastic coating on the movement finish.

for GO they use germanic silver (alloy of copper, nickel + silver). it does not need any treatment usually. nor does it oxidize. same with the Lange Movements.

for the 60 range the finishes are: anglesite-finished edges, winding wheel with double sonar finish, three-quarter plate, skeletonised rotor with stripe finish etc......nothing about plastic on them.

the only coating i know of is Epilame. its part of the stuff that keeps the oils in it own place and prevents it from spreading all over the place. Epilame is likely PTFE based. Epilame is commonly used in the watch industry today already.

hope this helps
                thanks for sharing!

cheers

james

Current collection
                Audemars Piguet ROO
                Habring2 Pilot Time Date