Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Want to buy a Omega watch

Hi guys,

I have been thinking of getting a Omega watch. Any recommendation? Something that has high resale value so that when I feel like changing one, at least I can still sell it.

Or is there any model that won't go wrong? Please advice.

Thanks
    Kenny
    Enicar Sherpa 147 R.I.P.
    Omega Constellation 168.045 - 368.845
    Omega Constellation 168.059 - 368.0852
    Omega Speedmaster Automatic (“Reduced”) 3510.50.00
    Omega Planet Ocean Big Size 2208.50.00
    Omega Railmaster XXL 2806.52.37
    Tag Heuer WN2111

Hi guys,

I just saw a ( Brand New ) Omega Planet Ocean Automatic 45mm Black Dial , Orange Bezel , Brushed Steel Bracelet selling at SGD 4280. Comes with a box and Card. Make in 2010.

Is it worth buying? Can anyone please give some opinion?

Thanks
    Kenny
    Enicar Sherpa 147 R.I.P.
    Tag Heuer WN2111

Comment

BTW, the other day I saw a ( Brand New ) Omega Planet Ocean Automatic 45mm Black Dial , Orange Bezel , Brushed Steel Bracelet selling at SGD 4,280. Make in 2010, comes with box and card. Is this worthwhile? Please advice.
      Enicar Sherpa 147 R.I.P.
      Tag Heuer WN2111

Comment

If you saw it fresh from AD, it is pretty good deal.

Comment

Hi,

Saw it from a reputable shop at Bencoolen. Was tempted to buy but I'm no expert in Omega watch.

BTW, does this has a high value or it drops tremendously?
          Enicar Sherpa 147 R.I.P.
          Tag Heuer WN2111

Comment

Ya. I saw it at a reputable shop at Bencoolen Street. So you think it's a good deal? Does the value drop tremendously?
            Enicar Sherpa 147 R.I.P.
            Tag Heuer WN2111

Comment

This watch that you'd described should be listed at S$5,550, and comes with discount varying between 10% and 15%, at most local ADs. Thus, the price you'd quoted is about 23% discount. So do you think it is a good price you are getting?

The resale value of omega watches are usually not that good. Since you are going around watch shops, why not find out how much those pre-own watch shops are selling, for the pre-own ones? Alternatively, you can use the search function here to find out how those pre-own pieces are selling in the Garage Sales Thread.

IIRC, the omega PO in bracelet (pre-own) should be selling around $3k-$3.5k in watch forums. At previous watch sales (THG, Cortina, etc), this model (new) was selling at around 30%-35% discount (about S$3.6-S$3.8k).

From an old TV cartoon show called "Captain Planet", I quote, "THE CHOICE IS YOURS"!

The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Hi,

Thanks for telling me. I was about to go and buy liao. Now, I have second thought.
                Enicar Sherpa 147 R.I.P.
                Tag Heuer WN2111

Comment

Originally posted by Oceanklassik View Post
                  This watch that you'd described should be listed at S$5,550, and comes with discount varying between 10% and 15%, at most local ADs. Thus, the price you'd quoted is about 23% discount. So do you think it is a good price you are getting?

The resale value of omega watches are usually not that good. Since you are going around watch shops, why not find out how much those pre-own watch shops are selling, for the pre-own ones? Alternatively, you can use the search function here to find out how those pre-own pieces are selling in the Garage Sales Thread.

IIRC, the omega PO in bracelet (pre-own) should be selling around $3k-$3.5k in watch forums. At previous watch sales (THG, Cortina, etc), this model (new) was selling at around 30%-35% discount (about S$3.6-S$3.8k).

From an old TV cartoon show called "Captain Planet", I quote, "THE CHOICE IS YOURS"!

X2, Most Omega watches don't hold their value.
                  Current Collection :

1) Rolex YG White Mother of Pearl Roman Dial Datejust 16018 (8 mil Serial)

2) Rolex YG Black Computer Roman Dial Datejust 16238 (L Serial)

3) Rolex TT Blue Submariner 16613LB (M Serial)

4) Rolex YG Red Vignette DayDate 18038 (8 mil Serial)

5) Rolex PT Pinkish White MOP DayDate 18206 (A Serial)

Comment

Like what most say, Omega unfortunately does not hold value that well even though they make great watches. In fact, you can probably find a great value Omega in the garage section here. If you want watches that can hold good value (i.e 80-90%), Rolex sports models and some Pams are probably good choices.

Comment

Planet Ocean is currently still one of the more popular models from Omega but as others have shared, Omega (like most other watch brands) generally do not hold their value very well in the secondary mkts (especially if you buy the watches new).

Used to own both a 42mm PO with orange bezel and another similar one with black bezel. Love them but sold them off some months back at low-S$3+k (if i remember correctly) when streamlining my collection.

Another popular model from Omega is the Speedy (particularly the 3573-50 & 3570-50).
                      运筹帷幄 决胜千里

Comment

Hi guys,

Me just came back from Bencoolen Street. After listening to all your advice, I had decided to purchase a Rolex instead. Just a simple one.

Will post it in the Rolex thread. In fact, this is my first Rolex. This is a Rolex Oyster Perpetual Explorer 1.

Cheers
                        Enicar Sherpa 147 R.I.P.
                        Tag Heuer WN2111

Comment

Congratz!

Originally posted by kennyleow View Post
                          Hi guys,

Me just came back from Bencoolen Street. After listening to all your advice, I had decided to purchase a Rolex instead. Just a simple one.

Will post it in the Rolex thread. In fact, this is my first Rolex. This is a Rolex Oyster Perpetual Explorer 1.

Cheers
                          I think you have made a sound choice. Hope to see your watch soon!

The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Originally posted by stektan View Post
                            Like what most say, Omega unfortunately does not hold value that well even though they make great watches. In fact, you can probably find a great value Omega in the garage section here. If you want watches that can hold good value (i.e 80-90%), Rolex sports models and some Pams are probably good choices.
                            Agree with Bro stekton, but OMEGA is sure to make a good solid watch for a daily beater.

Comment

Originally posted by zidaneong View Post
                              X2, Most Omega watches don't hold their value.
                              IMHO current Omega watches don't hold their value. If you're willing to tread the vintage Omega route, you'll find that many of the old pre-Swatch Omegas hold value very well. Some values have even blossomed, e.g. the vintage Ploprof's price-hike following Antiquorum's Omegamania auction (in 2007, I think?); or the cost of an Omega "big blue" chronograph, which methinks is like 8-10k sgd, maybe?

Aesthetically, I think the fact that existing Omega models are taking on many design cues from their historic counterparts is a good indicator of where the intrinsic value of Omega watches lies - which would then impact the desirability/resale of current models.

Just my 2c.

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X