Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help ! My TH watches got problem!

Hi All,

I bought a used TH Carrera from this forum 2months ago, for the past few week the watch is very accurate and only need to adjust the timing every fortnighly.

But now I encounter the timing was not accurate, it become 3-5min faster in every 1 hour. So is it that the signal shown that i should go for servicing?

The watches still under Hour Glass warranty so is there any charges if I go for servicing?

Pls advise me, i m layman to auto watches.
    Current - Seiko,Rolex,Sinn,AP & RM
    Future - Geneva hallmark
    Past - TH Carrera CV2010, Pam 111, 16610, Pam 233, 116610LV

hmmm. it happens sometimes. but normally it regulates itself back within a week.

Send it for servicing if cannot.
    wish list.

1. Franck Muller Casablanca XL
    2. Tag Heuer Carrera, not racing model
    3. IWC 5001

Comment

eh..i am not a pro in watches but hor...3-5 min fast in 1 hour is pretty serious leh...better go to service centre asap...
      Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak

Courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen

Quoted from Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

Send it for servicing immediately thru' THG if you wish to. Or you may want to go to the service centre yourself. It should be free if still under warrany.
        The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

i think the watch is kana magnetised....better go service centre to de-magnetised....maybe TS put his watch near to speakers or wad....btw not serious problem lar...better to rectify fast than cause any other complication to the movement

Comment

Not to worry too much. If cannot fix, sell it away or throw it away and buy a Rolex.

Comment

hahaha...can throw toward my direction...

Comment

hi all,
                I knew the watch will magnetised tat y I always keep my watch away from speaker, tv and etc, but still strike TOTO.

If that problem is not magnetised then what would it be? Thank you for all the Sifus feed back.

I dnt wanto sell the problematic watches to other guys…later they ll say I m conman

I am beginner so shd start from TH,Omega etc rite?Whn I got enuff fund definetly ll go for ROLEX
                Future - Geneva hallmark

Comment

i am not even a beginner yet..hahaha..juz a watch dummy...lol..come in here to kapo nia...rolex oso got entry level mah....cost less than high end omegas..hahaha.....

Comment

Originally posted by dennistwc View Post
                    Hi All,

I bought a used TH Carrera from this forum 2months ago, for the past few week the watch is very accurate and only need to adjust the timing every fortnighly.

But now I encounter the timing was not accurate, it become 3-5min faster in every 1 hour. So is it that the signal shown that i should go for servicing?

The watches still under Hour Glass warranty so is there any charges if I go for servicing?

An hour? 3-5 mins? Monitor per day basis or per week would be better. If still got problem just bring back to Hour Glass or to Tag Service Centre at Raffles City Shopping Centre.

Btw....warrenty is given my Tag...not Hour Glass though

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

Originally posted by Darkangel View Post
                      An hour? 3-5 mins? Monitor per day basis or per week would be better. If still got problem just bring back to Hour Glass or to Tag Service Centre at Raffles City Shopping Centre.

Btw....warrenty is given my Tag...not Hour Glass though
                      So means that i no need send to Hour Glass and just direct proceed to the Tag Service Centre will do is it?Sorry for the stupid question...some time ask stupid question will gain more...rather than act smart...
                      Future - Geneva hallmark

Comment

i juz encounter my warranty will expired on tomorrow so this evening rush to TH service centre for repairing.

The service officer tell me need to do a fully check take abt 2 week and the receipt shown checing is FOC but repair....???? i thk need to pay. The officer also ask me wanna change the leather strap to original strap or not as my leather strap is not original type. Leather strap cost $ 185 and Steel strap $465...Why so much different as brand new Carrera with leather strap is selling at $4350 and steel strap is $4500 rite?
                        Last edited by dennistwc; 06-09-08, 07:53 PM. Reason: actual cost for leather and steel strap
                        Future - Geneva hallmark

Comment

straps sold as spare parts usually cost more ..... than the price difference between watch with strap and with bracelet....
                          the hype is true. listen at your own risk.
                          visit my watch and audio blog oohlins.blogspot & learn how to use the rolex comfort link

Comment

Originally posted by dennistwc View Post
                            Hi All,

send for servicing....likely there's something wrong with yr spring or the wheel is "loose" hence the timing is fast...this happened to my Zenith recently and i sent it in for an overhaul....
                            I can resist anything but temptation. - Oscar Wilde

Current collection
                            A.Lange & Sohne Grand Langematik
                            Audemars Piguet ROO
                            Blancpain Fifty Fathoms (Dark Knight)
                            De Bethune Titan Hawk (DB27)
                            Habring2 Pilot Time Date
                            Harry Winston Midnight Big Date
                            Hublot Aerobang Skeleton
                            IWC Portuguese Perpetual Calendar
                            Panerai 270
                            Patek Philippe 5711/1a
                            Rolex 116610LV
                            Vacheron Constantin Overseas

Comment

so how much it cost you for overhaul?
                              Future - Geneva hallmark

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X