Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Warranty

Hi there,

Please pardon me for this noob question.

Would like to hear from all the experience watch fanatics out here on their opinion on undated or unfilled warranty card.

Let's say I'm keen to purchase an out of production model that comes with undated warranty. Will the AD honour any warrranty repair? Or they will simply look at the model year of the watch, and void it?

Do send me a PM if not convenient to discuss.

Cheers.

Undated and unfilled warranty cards wil make you the first owner of the watch, though the watch is already 10 years old.

Comment

Originally posted by roosterkkk
      may not necc be... many watches with undated and unfilled warranty cards changed owners..
      I mean nobody knows you are second or even third owner for the watch. Can tell your friends that you are first owner, buy brand new.....

Comment

Firstly, RSC will not honour an undated warranty paper/card. But most probably RSC can determine the age of the watch based on the serial number. Like the rest have said, that if you decide to sell it, the buyer will not know if you are the first owner or not...unless of course you tell the buyer.

Comment

Originally posted by ejaan View Post
          Firstly, RSC will not honour an undated warranty paper/card.
          Will RSC honour a dated warranty card but without the buyer's name?
          Our eyes must be ugliest part of our face; everyone looks good when wearing sunglasses

Comment

Originally posted by hypeunot View Post
            Will RSC honour a dated warranty card but without the buyer's name?
            This I'm not sure. I have a personal experience with RSC on undated warranty card. They were harping about the fact that it was undated but never brought up the issue about it being without a name.

Can anyone enlighten us?

Comment

This I'm not sure. I have a personal experience with RSC on undated warranty card. They were harping about the fact that it was undated but never brought up the issue about it being without a name.
              So what happened in the end? Did RSC service your watch and made u fill in the date?
              Our eyes must be ugliest part of our face; everyone looks good when wearing sunglasses

Comment

Funny. RSC allows undated warranty? Sorry I may be wrong but undated warranty means it's cheating the manufacturer right?
                The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Originally posted by hypeunot View Post
                  So what happened in the end? Did RSC service your watch and made u fill in the date?
                  To make a long story short, and believe me it's a very long story , they were able to determine roughly the age of the watch from the serial number. They requested for the receipt to get the actual date of purchase and then ask me to get the warranty card dated. They did service my watch but I had to produce the dated warranty card when I collected the watch.

Originally posted by Oceanklassik View Post
                  Funny. RSC allows undated warranty? Sorry I may be wrong but undated warranty means it's cheating the manufacturer right?
                  As I mentioned earlier, RSC would not honour an undated warranty card/paper.

Comment

Undated...they won't honour.

No name...very easy...they will just ask you to fill your name up for formality

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

but ejaan, warranty does not cover servicing rite?

Desired horologes ...

- IWC Portuguese Automatic
                      - GMT II
                      - GMT IIc TT
                      - Reverso Squadra Hometime (7008620)/ Reverso Squadra
                      - Master Eight Days (1608420)
                      - U1
                      - IWC Aquatimer

An exquisite timepiece, brings timeless memories and precious moments...

Comment

Originally posted by jazz_samz View Post
                        Usually..servicing only occurs AFTER warrenty period

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

Originally posted by jazz_samz View Post
                          Well, I went to RSC with the intent of getting a service that was not covered under the warranty...you know, like switching the bracelet to a strap. So if it had gone according to plan there was no need for me to produce the warranty card. And the card would still be in it's pristine condition.

Being an anal retentive person that I am, I brought the watch to RSC complete with the box. In the box were the receipt, warranty card, the red & green tags and the extra links. Told you I was AR!

As usual before doing anything to the watch, the technician had to authenticate the watch. When it was brought out again, they announced that there was some issue with the watch and a part need to be replaced. They quoted me an exorbitant amount for the replacement.

At that moment I heard a loud "THUD". When I looked, I realised that my jaw was on the floor. So I was in a dilemma, tell them that the watch was under warranty and show them an unnamed/undated warranty card or pay the exorbitant amount.

I decided on the former, which lead to an unpleasant scene at RSC. Two things that I've learn from this experience, though.

1. If you managed to convince the AD to give you an unnamed/undated warranty card, do ensure that the AD provides you with a receipt that gives full detail of the watch, especially the model and serial number. A receipt stating "one watch" will not cut it.

2. Being anal retentive can be helpful. Can you imagine the to and fro I have to endure if the receipt was not with me at that point in time.

Sorry for the long boring story.
                          Last edited by ejaan; 29-08-08, 09:24 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by roosterkkk
                            what happened after the "scene" at SRC...
                            Just like Star Wars, post #16 is the prequel. To know how it ended, your need to refer to post #12

Comment

They did service my watch but I had to produce the dated warranty card when I collected the watch.

As I mentioned earlier, RSC would not honour an undated warranty card/paper.
                              Thanks for sharing your experience.
                              So did RSC make u fill in your name too on the card? Sorry if I'm being AR too with my endless questions.

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X