Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mizuno Polaris Question to Uncle Lau

Hi Uncle Lau.

Greetings and I hope you are well. (We have talked on the phone in the past!)

I am still struggling with club selection after these 1+ years and nothing seems to fit me. (I am a beginner). Have been using several "game improvement" clubs but found them to be ineffective (currently using nike slingshot 4D).

I had with me an old Mizuno Polaris No. 7 graphite shaft club and loved the feel and the contact. Very forgiving as well. I was wondering if you remembered this model and if you could advise are there any currently any mizuno models that fit the profile of the build of this polaris model? (Perhaps MX-25?)

I really like the make of the polaris and being a beginner, I have no idea how to compare the head design, etc.

Was wondering if you can share some experience on this.

Many thanks in advance!
    My humble keepsakes:
    1) Submariner 14060
    2) Submariner 14060M
    3) Sea Dweller 16600
    4) Explorer II 16570 (Polar)
    5) Azimuth JagdBomber
    6) Azimuth Bombardier I,II,III, IV & V
    7) Azimuth 55mm B-hur Original Luftwaffe Specification Limited Edition
    8) Seiko Samurai Ti (Black)
    9) Panerai Black Seal
    10) IWC Big Pilot (5004)
    11) IWX Mark XIV

Bro. I think the mx series are suitable for beginners but some may also feel that the burner series from Taylor Made is also suitable as it launches easy.

Like what I've always said in a golf forum. Dun blame the arrow. It's the Indian. Hahaha. But very often I too am guilty of blaming the equipment when things dun turn out well.

I think u should try going to Marina driving range or any driving range that has a pro shop that allows you to try the clubs that you are interested in on the range better than on a simulator or indoor type of range. That is the best bet for u to really feel it. But u must also exercise determination to ensure u try out all that you short listed before settling for one eventually. Dun let the salesman pressure u ya. Good luck.
    Ü
    P/s sorry for being a kaypoh here. ;p

Uncle Lau may wana add his I puts.

Desired horologes ...

- IWC Portuguese Automatic
    - GMT II
    - GMT IIc TT
    - Reverso Squadra Hometime (7008620)/ Reverso Squadra
    - Master Eight Days (1608420)
    - U1
    - IWC Aquatimer

An exquisite timepiece, brings timeless memories and precious moments...

Comment

Thanks bro,

Any advise is valuable to a newbie like me.

I agree that the "indian" plays a big part. I am just "fed up" with the use of a game improvement club (which is heavy) and having tried the old mizuno polaris, like the feel and control and hope someone can advise a similar newer model of mizuno that is similar. Just wanted someone who can shed light on the same construction "head" as the polaris to the mx series.

Agree also that trying out clubs is the best way to go.

My score is about 100-110 currently and I played 102 yesterday at the Tanjong course in Sentosa. Looking for that club to break below the 100 mark.

Cheers!

Originally posted by jazz_samz View Post
      Bro. I think the mx series are suitable for beginners but some may also feel that the burner series from Taylor Made is also suitable as it launches easy.

Like what I've always said in a golf forum. Dun blame the arrow. It's the Indian. Hahaha. But very often I too am guilty of blaming the equipment when things dun turn out well.

I think u should try going to Marina driving range or any driving range that has a pro shop that allows you to try the clubs that you are interested in on the range better than on a simulator or indoor type of range. That is the best bet for u to really feel it. But u must also exercise determination to ensure u try out all that you short listed before settling for one eventually. Dun let the salesman pressure u ya. Good luck.
      Ü
      P/s sorry for being a kaypoh here. ;p

Uncle Lau may wana add his I puts.
      My humble keepsakes:
      1) Submariner 14060
      2) Submariner 14060M
      3) Sea Dweller 16600
      4) Explorer II 16570 (Polar)
      5) Azimuth JagdBomber
      6) Azimuth Bombardier I,II,III, IV & V
      7) Azimuth 55mm B-hur Original Luftwaffe Specification Limited Edition
      8) Seiko Samurai Ti (Black)
      9) Panerai Black Seal
      10) IWC Big Pilot (5004)
      11) IWX Mark XIV

Comment

Bro mickey, let me do some research and i PM or post here for you. Sorry i am not shifu in Golf. But will try my best to get an answer for you asap !
        *** EMMANUEL***

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
        Working...
        X