Longines?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Longines?

I've been looking at some of the Longines Master collection of watches. they seem well made and the prices seem to be attractive.

What do folks think of Longines? It's a really old brand... but I've noticed there isn't much of a following i.e. few forums means not many people even interested in talking about the marque.

Is it worth buying one in the sense, if I am going to spend $2k++ ... is it a complete write-off?

I have a Longines Chronograph automatic Olympic Edition watch. It is pretty well made and price is alright.

My personal view is that it is a really nice pair of dressy watch. at 40mm with a dome sapphire glass, it makes the dial looks really big. I like it alot and my wife is the one who ask me to buy it as she like it alot too.

this is how it looks like
    d e a r.l y - because they are worth it...

w a s t i n g m y t i.m e

Comment

Originally posted by keltzar View Post
      I've been looking at some of the Longines Master collection of watches. they seem well made and the prices seem to be attractive.

What do folks think of Longines? It's a really old brand... but I've noticed there isn't much of a following i.e. few forums means not many people even interested in talking about the marque.

Is it worth buying one in the sense, if I am going to spend $2k++ ... is it a complete write-off?
      first, do you like the watch you intend to get?

second, you mentioned about write-off, so does that mean you are buying the watch for investment?
      if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
      1. subject heading indicating your issue
      2. your nick
      3. your corresponding email address
      4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

Originally posted by carrot^ View Post
        I have a Longines Chronograph automatic Olympic Edition watch. It is pretty well made and price is alright.

My personal view is that it is a really nice pair of dressy watch. at 40mm with a dome sapphire glass, it makes the dial looks really big. I like it alot and my wife is the one who ask me to buy it as she like it alot too.

this is how it looks like
        This watch looks nice... wats the damage ???
        A bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at the office.

Just me and my NT...

Comment

Originally posted by louisoh View Post
          This watch looks nice... wats the damage ???

List price is 3.5K I got it at 1.9k if I remember correctly

Comment

... $1.9k is new?

Triton:
            For me, I don't really look at watches as a good investment...
            that I can eventually sell it for whatever I paid someday, I will be happy. If I sell it for more than what I pay, its a bonus.

By write-off, I would mean that I can't get rid of it if I don't want it anymore... or have to lose say, 50% of whatever I pay ... that's all really.

For me, equities make better investments.

The re-sale piece I am looking at, I figure that the guy who sold it to the shop lost 50% on an almost unused piece in less than a year.

Yes, I do rather like it. If it was a bit cheaper I'd have bought it right-off...
            but it isn't, and the strap is black while the ones I like are the dark brown longines alligator ones. So there is still a little compromise... otherwise it would have been an impulse buy already!

Comment

Yeap... 1.9k new.

Originally posted by keltzar View Post
              ... $1.9k is new?

Triton:
              For me, I don't really look at watches as a good investment...
              that I can eventually sell it for whatever I paid someday, I will be happy. If I sell it for more than what I pay, its a bonus.

By write-off, I would mean that I can't get rid of it if I don't want it anymore... or have to lose say, 50% of whatever I pay ... that's all really.

For me, equities make better investments.

The re-sale piece I am looking at, I figure that the guy who sold it to the shop lost 50% on an almost unused piece in less than a year.

Yes, I do rather like it. If it was a bit cheaper I'd have bought it right-off...
              but it isn't, and the strap is black while the ones I like are the dark brown longines alligator ones. So there is still a little compromise... otherwise it would have been an impulse buy already!

Comment

Pretty ex hor....
                A bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at the office.

Just me and my NT...

Comment

Originally posted by louisoh View Post
                  Pretty ex hor....
                  ya.. as compare to Ball, it's quite ex. but it's pretty well make watch with a long long history. so not bad la.. paying abit for the branding anyway...

Comment

ok lah i find 1.9k quite reasonable................longines quality not too bad....
                    the hype is true. listen at your own risk.
                    visit my watch and audio blog oohlins.blogspot & learn how to use the rolex comfort link

Comment

does anyone know the range of pricing for the Master collection? It's more ex. I haven't had a chance to go down to the shops who sell it new to check. I was told its about $2.8-3+k.

Comment

Yup... that's the price range. I got mine at the cortina sales. that's why i can get it at 1.9k

Comment

There is a sale?

Comment

WISingapore,

there was a sale sometime earlier this year. I was invited so I went lo...

Comment

hmm. a friend of mine said she will check for me whether can find it at a better price.

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X