Nav Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse

Nav Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How much does it cost to replace GMT Master Bezel?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How much does it cost to replace GMT Master Bezel?

Hi bros, just bought a 16700 Pepsi. The watch is generally in good condition, but the bezel has faded. Is it worth changing the bezel or should I keep the "vintage" look? Any bros here know how much to change the bezel at SRC? Thanks!

hi bro,
    keep the old bezel

Comment

Oh 16700...you can change it...but I strongly discourage you to.

Anyway it costs $75

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

try to approach pre-own shops that does repair should you want to change.
        you get to keep your old bezel but may have to pay a higher price for the bezel. also it could be not brand new.

Originally posted by Darkangel View Post
        Oh 16700...you can change it...but I strongly discourage you to.

Anyway it costs $75
        if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
        1. subject heading indicating your issue
        2. your nick
        3. your corresponding email address
        4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

Thanks for all your replies bros. Have to be extra careful when I wear the watch from now on. Can be "handgun" at times!

Comment

i suggest u source for possible replacement now. just in case. it is better to keep one spare. i do keep spare dial and bezel for the models i like more.

Originally posted by panerai7776 View Post
            Have to be extra careful when I wear the watch from now on. Can be "handgun" at times!
            if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
            1. subject heading indicating your issue
            2. your nick
            3. your corresponding email address
            4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

One final question bros, I am a computer idiot. Any programs, preferably "free" other than photoshop to resize my pictures to be posted online?

Photoshop is damn expensive and I only use a few functions!

Comment

Google or Yahoo search "irfanview".

One final question bros, I am a computer idiot. Any programs, preferably "free" other than photoshop to resize my pictures to be posted online?

Photoshop is damn expensive and I only use a few functions!

Comment

Got it bro, thanks a million. Almost bought the Photoshop after the "free" trail period!

Comment

Originally posted by triton View Post
                    i suggest u source for possible replacement now. just in case. it is better to keep one spare. i do keep spare dial and bezel for the models i like more.
                    Just got a reply from someone selling the bezel at $180 plus installation. Seems reasonable though considering the scarcity?

Comment

I am assuming that you are just replacing the bezel insert. If this is so then I do think the price is a wee bit high. RSC charges about $75 for the bezel insert replacement, but they retain the old bezel insert.

So is it worth more than twice that amount for the "pleasure" of retaining the old bezel insert?

Comment

why not "lose" your old bezel and go to RSC and get a new one fitted?
                        [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
                        [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
                        Blue 6694
                        Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
                        [U]"My collection"[/U]:
                        [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

Hi bros, thanks for all your inputs. A amateurish pic of my last 2 remaining rolexes. Anyone here know what model is the watch on the right? It's supposed to be a 1975 movement(winding). My first Rolex. In very mint condition.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by roosterkkk
                            Before you change your bezel to a newer look... have a look at your dial..
                            Your dial and bezel should match..
                            If dial is antique looking than better to stick to the faded bezel..
                            Else.. if the dial is still fresh..than I guess its ok to change to a newer bezel..

What you said make perfect sense. I was so engrossed with the bezel without noticing whether a new bezel will fit the watch. Come to think of it, it might look weird with a bright and colourful bezel.

Bro, can enlighten me the model of my watch on the right? Thanks!

Comment

Hi bros, thanks for all your inputs. A amateurish pic of my last 2 remaining rolexes. Anyone here know what model is the watch on the right? It's supposed to be a 1975 movement(winding). My first Rolex. In very mint condition.
                              Pic is abit small...but I guess its a 6694

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X