Seiko, Citizen, Orient and others of Asian origin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seiko, Citizen, Orient and others of Asian origin

Common guys where are all Seiko, Citizen, Orients and others of Asian origin watches. We know them since we were young and owned them before as a daily beater.
    Seiko watches use in-house movement. Alba too uses Seiko movement. While Citizen watches uses Miyota movement.
    I still have a SKX007J diver as a beater and a 4205 midsize diver.

I saw a seiko Premier line chrono the other day... it was S$1500.

Also saw a re-sale Grand seiko at JWWatch. It was S$5500.

Good seikos are not cheap!

Comment

cheap seiko oso good leh............haha

i saw that gs at jw also.........looks nice but coming back to the point 5500 buy seiko.....hmm....maybe next time....
      the hype is true. listen at your own risk.
      visit my watch and audio blog oohlins.blogspot & learn how to use the rolex comfort link

Comment

Originally posted by keltzar View Post
        I saw a seiko Premier line chrono the other day... it was S$1500.

Also saw a re-sale Grand seiko at JWWatch. It was S$5500.

Good seikos are not cheap!
        That Grand Seiko is not the only on top line. Still there is Seiko Credor and Galante.

Comment

Originally posted by ohlins View Post
          cheap seiko oso good leh............haha

i saw that gs at jw also.........looks nice but coming back to the point 5500 buy seiko.....hmm....maybe next time....
          I went there too. Try my luck to get the vintage Omega Seamaster 120m (unfortunately on hold for someone). Saw the GS GMT. Solid quality but for $5.5k huh no thanks.
          Last edited by exarkun; 24-06-07, 10:14 AM. Reason: Clear image.

Comment

alamak... got sale u guys nvr post in the 'lobang' thread...
            A bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at the office.

Just me and my NT...

Comment

...ok, lobang.

there was a very reasonably priced oysterquartz 17013 for $2.7k ...
              any of you interested?

Comment

i got a citizen aqualand. consider bo?
                if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
                1. subject heading indicating your issue
                2. your nick
                3. your corresponding email address
                4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

I went back recently. That 2.75k oysterquartz is gone. The only one there now is $3.35k !!

I recently got a used Invicta 8926c as a beater. Great watch for the price... paid S$120 used. And it has a glass back that no rolex subbies do.

I would buy a seiko ... but I find them too deviated from the subbies!

Comment

I have a seiko... forgot wat model...lol.. tonite then i go hm n check

Just me and my NT...

Comment

casio also common. dunno abt now, but common in army thn.

Comment

i once had a baby G... back then when it was 'IN' .... nw i can't find it.. dunno throw where ...

Just me and my NT...

Comment

also got 2 gshock.

one is backlight can see dolphin. another is manta ray or whale one.
                          if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
                          1. subject heading indicating your issue
                          2. your nick
                          3. your corresponding email address
                          4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

hi folks, anyone bought an orient star before? looks pretty good but at $1260, think there are better watches out there rite?
                            Remnants of my irresponsibility:
                            "Foreign affections"
                            1) Sinn U1-30 June 2007
                            2) Rolex Sea-Dweller 16600 M series-23 Jan 08 (HER perpetual oyster )
                            3) Omega Seamaster Chrono Diver 2225.80.00-25 Jul 08 (From Wife )
                            4) IWC Top Gun Chrono-20 Sep 09
                            What's NEXT?

Comment

Company History (ORIENT WATCH CO., LTD.)
                              1950 ORIENT WATCH CO., LTD. (under the name of Tama Instruments Co., Ltd.) was established and started operation.
                              1951 Tama Instruments Co., Ltd. was renamed ORIENT WATCH CO., LTD.
                              1955 First export contract of the watches to China was concluded.
                              1958 Contract to export watches to Iran was concluded.
                              1959 Annual Export contracts for big amount to USA and Canada was concluded.
                              1960’s-70’s Overseas sales and service network was expanded to over 70 countries worldwide.
                              1986 Akita Orient Seimitsu Co., Ltd. was established in Akita prefecture, Japan
                              2001 SEIKO EPSON CORP. became 52% share holder of ORIENT WATCH CO., LTD.
                              2003 Orient Technical Center, specialized for creation and preservation of mechanical
                              watch technologies, was established in Akita prefecture, Japan.

Merchandising Topics
                              1951 First “Orient Star” brand watch was launched.
                              1967 Ultra-slim automatic watches, “ORIENT Finess” collection using Cal. 3900 (thickness: 3.90mm) was launched.
                              1970 “ORIENT TENBEAT” using 10-beat automatic movement Cal. 9980 was launched.
                              1971 Reliable automatic base movement Cal. 46940 was developed, which has been improved and modified, and now is produced as Cal. 46 series (46943 and its family calibers).
                              1970’s-80’s Various Analogue and Digital quartz calibers were newly developed and introduced.
                              1997 Original automatic movement with power reserve indicator was newly developed.
                              2000 Automatic Power Reserve World Time, Millennium Edition was launched.
                              2003 “Orient Star” hand-winding solid silver model was awarded Gold Prize of Standard Watch of the Year in Japan.
                              2004 “ORIENT World Time, 2004 edition” was launched. Cal. 88700, new slim automatic movement with high accuracy, was developed by Orient Technical Center, and launched as the high-end collection, “Royal Orient”.
                              2005 “ORIENT World Time, 2005 edition was launched. “Orient Star, Retro-Future” collection with totally innovative design was launched.

Company Profile
                              - Trade Name: ORIENT WATCH CO., LTD.
                              - Head Office Address: 4-4, 2-Chome, Soto-Kanda, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo, Japan
                              - Foundation: July 13th, 1950
                              - Capital: Japanese Yen 1,937,000,000.-
                              - Sales and Service Network: Over 70 Countries Worldwide
                              - Production and Distribution of Watches: Over 2,000,000 pieces per year
                              - Sales Turnover in Total: Over Japanese Yen 34,000,000,000.-
                              (approx. over US$290,000,000)
                              - Business Activities:
                              1. Manufacture and Sales of Wrist Watches
                              2. Manufacture and Sales of Information Processing Equipment Related to Printers
                              3. Manufacture and Sales of Quartz Oscillating Units and Relative Products
                              Remnants of my irresponsibility:
                              "Foreign affections"
                              1) Sinn U1-30 June 2007
                              2) Rolex Sea-Dweller 16600 M series-23 Jan 08 (HER perpetual oyster )
                              3) Omega Seamaster Chrono Diver 2225.80.00-25 Jul 08 (From Wife )
                              4) IWC Top Gun Chrono-20 Sep 09
                              What's NEXT?

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X