hi pls help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hi pls help

hi i just got a pam 219J series with box and papers. it is unworn with price and model tags still attach on watch. actually bought it for own wearing but found that i dono hw to wind it, so i never dare try it anyway haha. can anyone teach me? if not i wanan trade with other watches (preferably with automatic watches so i no need to wind) or sell. i am not putting it in the sales thread yet as i don 1 to lead interested ppl into it. thanks.
    Last edited by kenkelvin; 04-10-08, 01:32 AM.

Bro, initially, just wind about 12 times after unlocking. Can last about 12 hours. Then in increments. I am more kiasu. I run-in my watch like my car. He he.

Subsequently, you can turn about 56 times(depending on how you turn). The power reserve is 56 hours. If it becomes very tight, please do not force it any more or the main spring may break.

Hope it helps!

Comment

Winding biz

Bro, I believe there is a manual that teaches you how to wind. Best thing is that it comes with pics to guide you through the whole process. You have to release the catch first to set the time before winding it.

I just got my pam05 yesterday from this wonderful seller Fred Tan. He is super accurate. Told me first wind is 88 times and true enough I could only wind my watch 88 times. I found the pics in the manual really helpful. Hope this helps you.

Comment

thanks for all your replies, but hw to wind? clockwise or anti clockwise? hw many turns? so confusing haha. don dare to try lei. can anyone expert in pam help me wind? haha thanks

Comment

So was Fred accurate or the book accurate? Hehehe...

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

Wind upwards. Clockwise direction. Got manual lah bro.

Anyway, my watch repairer cum ex-rolex technician always encourage me to "run-in" all my mechanical watches either 17 or 21 jewels. Do in increments and your watch will go a long way.

Try not to go all out the first time.

Comment

Hand Movement

Ok i will attempt to erm talk you through the process heh. Using your thumb and your index finger, the thumb moves up as the index finger moves down and that should be one turn. I'm trying to picture myself winding my watch as I type all these. Sounds funny.

And to Darkangel, -drumrolls- Fred Tan was more accurate! Simply because the manual did not mention how many turns it would take at all. I just diligently did a mental count. The only issue now is this, I know how to wind my new toy but I do not know how to change clothes for it!

Comment

Originally posted by dominique_kwok View Post
                Ok i will attempt to erm talk you through the process heh. Using your thumb and your index finger, the thumb moves up as the index finger moves down and that should be one turn. I'm trying to picture myself winding my watch as I type all these. Sounds funny.

And to Darkangel, -drumrolls- Fred Tan was more accurate! Simply because the manual did not mention how many turns it would take at all. I just diligently did a mental count. The only issue now is this, I know how to wind my new toy but I do not know how to change clothes for it!

haha yah, tonight when i get home i try to wind. now still inside box at my home. tonight i experiment with it haha. but my fingers r small. dono if your 1 turn is the same as my 1 turn or not? i also thinking of buying straps. i think i shop for a few straps before i wear this watch. thanks

Comment

mine can't wait to go out already, bringing it out shopping later! I'm sure you will enjoy your watch, i already am!

Comment

mine can't wait to go out already, bringing it out shopping later! I'm sure you will enjoy your watch, i already am!
                    haha ok, also thanks all of u guys out here for your help but hor if i wear a few days or weeks and if i really cant get used to manual winding, i post it up for sale or trade

Comment

Originally posted by panerai7776 View Post
                      Wind upwards. Clockwise direction. Got manual lah bro.

Anyway, my watch repairer cum ex-rolex technician always encourage me to "run-in" all my mechanical watches either 17 or 21 jewels. Do in increments and your watch will go a long way.

Try not to go all out the first time.

hi hw to wind? u mean clockwise is the watch facing me i turn clockwise or the back of the watch facing me i turn clockwise? sorry

Comment

Heys no worries about that, thank goodness I am still online heh. Well, watch is facing you, like how you normally wear it. All you need to do is to use your thumb and turn the knob upwards. (Please make sure you remove the catch first! To remove the catch, you have to pull it out and down. Bro you can wait not, I try to find pics online to illustrate to you. heh

Comment

Ok, pictures are ready. I have to credit Fred Tan for the pictures. I used the pictures he took of the watch I bought from him. Hope it helps.

Picture 1

Removing the catch.

Picture 2
                          Direction to turn the knob.

Do let me know if you are able to view the pictured instructions.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by kenkelvin View Post
                            hi hw to wind? u mean clockwise is the watch facing me i turn clockwise or the back of the watch facing me i turn clockwise? sorry
                            I reckoned that u must have own a couple of other watches from various brands (including Rolex) besides Panerai. What the other bros have elaborated regarding the way to wind your manual winding Pam219 is exactly the same as u would on an automatic watch when they stopped on u.. Since Pam219 is a destro and u sound like u are confused over its winding direction, I would suggest you do the winding on the Pam219 with your left hand the same way as u would with your right hand on a normal auto watch such as a Rolex and I'm sure u will get a sense of what the Bros have mentioned.. hopes it help..
                            HISTORY IS WRITTEN BY THOSE WHO
                            REALIZE THERE'S NEVER A RIGHT WAY.

ONLY A BETTER WAY.

Comment

Ok, pictures are ready. I have to credit Fred Tan for the pictures. I used the pictures he took of the watch I bought from him. Hope it helps.

Picture 1

Removing the catch.

Picture 2
                              Direction to turn the knob.

Do let me know if you are able to view the pictured instructions.
                              Originally posted by Taurus75 View Post
                              I reckoned that u must have own a couple of other watches from various brands (including Rolex) besides Panerai. What the other bros have elaborated regarding the way to wind your manual winding Pam219 is exactly the same as u would on an automatic watch when they stopped on u.. Since Pam219 is a destro and u sound like u are confused over its winding direction, I would suggest you do the winding on the Pam219 with your left hand the same way as u would with your right hand on a normal auto watch such as a Rolex and I'm sure u will get a sense of what the Bros have mentioned.. hopes it help..

hi thanks for all your help. i really confused as actually i don wind my auto watch. when my auto watch stops, i just adjust to the correct timing and shakes and it will move again. i dono hw to wind which direction. Bro dominique_kwok, thanks very much for your help, u really very helpful. but just now when i try to wind using your method cannot. i wind the other way then can. i try to figure it out myself. i think it because the pic u show me the catch is at the right side so u call me to have the watch facing me then i wind up. but destro the catch is at the left so i wind upwards cannot, must wind downwards with the watch facing me then can, if i wanan follow yoir method i must have the back of the watch facing me and wind upwards. now the watch is moving haha. am i correct? amyway i am a right hander, is it ok for me to wear destro on my left hand? now a bit weird lei. just put on this watch on my right hand for 1 hr feel strange haha.

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X