AD's cutting down on discount from November

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AD's cutting down on discount from November

Heys all, I headed down to All Watches today to take a look at the Omega DeVille Co-Axial. Pic of watch is attached below. The watch comes up to about $3.9k after 15% discount. I was told that Omega is really strict on the discount and to make matters worse, the discount will be dropped to 12% from November onwards. Anyone has any idea if that is true? Also, anyone has any lobang for the watch? Thanks
    Attached Files

could be true...omega is consolidating its market position over this point in time..
    Opportunities come once

Comment

haha dropping again ah? wah the more i wont buy a omega

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

Originally posted by Darkangel View Post
        haha dropping again ah? wah the more i wont buy a omega
        Why leh bro? I thought if discount lesser means the watch getting more ex? Isn't that a sign to buy now as value going up?

Comment

Originally posted by Radiolite22 View Post
          Why leh bro? I thought if discount lesser means the watch getting more ex? Isn't that a sign to buy now as value going up?
          Not really. Value is dependent on demand not price increase. If you buy at a high price and there is no demand in the market for the model then you have to sell at a low price. This means your loss will be greater when you sell your watch.

Comment

Check with other AD in singapore..you can get definitely get much better disc den 15% currently..if u paid by cash.

Comment

I am looking at cash but so far i went to all the major ADs already and the discount is still the same. Perhaps I am not a regular. heh. But the SEs always tell me that the Co- Axial movement is top- notch, even better than Rolex. True?

Comment

Originally posted by ejaan View Post
                Not really. Value is dependent on demand not price increase. If you buy at a high price and there is no demand in the market for the model then you have to sell at a low price. This means your loss will be greater when you sell your watch.
                X2 just look at some brands like graham & breitling (no offense to anyone).

TS, THH in chinatown may be able to grant better discounts for omega pieces.
                Remnants of my irresponsibility:
                "Foreign affections"
                1) Sinn U1-30 June 2007
                2) Rolex Sea-Dweller 16600 M series-23 Jan 08 (HER perpetual oyster )
                3) Omega Seamaster Chrono Diver 2225.80.00-25 Jul 08 (From Wife )
                4) IWC Top Gun Chrono-20 Sep 09
                What's NEXT?

Comment

Originally posted by dominique_kwok View Post
                  I am looking at cash but so far i went to all the major ADs already and the discount is still the same. Perhaps I am not a regular. heh. But the SEs always tell me that the Co- Axial movement is top- notch, even better than Rolex. True?
                  definitely NOT TRUE cos not proven. do a search in WUS forums and you'l understand what i am saying. the movement for planet ocean alone has 3 different classes: 2500a, b and c.

i am conducting a very very long term test to see which of my babies need servicing first after 5yrs. as for cosc accuracy, rolex is still the best.
                  Remnants of my irresponsibility:
                  "Foreign affections"
                  1) Sinn U1-30 June 2007
                  2) Rolex Sea-Dweller 16600 M series-23 Jan 08 (HER perpetual oyster )
                  3) Omega Seamaster Chrono Diver 2225.80.00-25 Jul 08 (From Wife )
                  4) IWC Top Gun Chrono-20 Sep 09
                  What's NEXT?

Comment

i have checked with all watches and cortina on omega and they strictly sticked to 15%, saying that if they violate it may face actions from swatch group. with such stiff price control, i would rather kiss bye bye to omega since now its price-value proposition isn't attractive anymore. just look at planet ocean chrono, retailing at $8.7k!! is grossly overpriced even after 15% discount. omega is still nowhere in the league of rolex, and yet they want to behave like one.

on the topic of discounts given by ADs, if they want to play rigid, good luck to them. now even the bankers are going to cut back on watch spending...haha!

recently, went to bugis all watches to check out ball prices. the SE told me that for LE they normally only give 10% or even nett price. what a load of bull****! i know for sure that i can get at least 20% from another retailer. he thinks the buyer is so dumb not to compare prices for such expensive items?? even if i have to check out 100 stores, i would do so. all watches seems to have hired many dumb SEs.

Comment

Originally posted by balllover View Post
                      <snipped>
                      recently, went to bugis all watches to check out ball prices. the SE told me that for LE they normally only give 10% or even nett price. what a load of bull****! i know for sure that i can get at least 20% from another retailer. he thinks the buyer is so dumb not to compare prices for such expensive items?? even if i have to check out 100 stores, i would do so. all watches seems to have hired many dumb SEs.
                      i oso had the same experience recently, namely for tag watches... all ad's i visited quoted me only 10% off special eds (e.g. carrera calibre 1 vintage, etc)... but then i chanced upon one nice agent (very friendly, never pushy) at one of the bigger ad's who's giving me 20% off the same watch. i oso noticed he's giving out higher than usual discounts in the other lines (grand carrera, normal carrera, etc)

in the end, i didn't buy (having a tough time choosing between several models) but my friend got a couple of watches from the nice fellow

Comment

Originally posted by balllover View Post
                        i have checked with all watches and cortina on omega and they strictly sticked to 15%, saying that if they violate it may face actions from swatch group. with such stiff price control, i would rather kiss bye bye to omega since now its price-value proposition isn't attractive anymore. just look at planet ocean chrono, retailing at $8.7k!! is grossly overpriced even after 15% discount. omega is still nowhere in the league of rolex, and yet they want to behave like one.
                        hanor ya lor last time i go buy omega oso same thing happen..the pricing super strict. $8.7k too expensive for omega liao...Planet ocean chrono not worth at that price..
                        Opportunities come once

Comment

It's indeed true that Omega has been reducing the level of discount. About a year ago, it was 20 percent, then followed by 15 percent, and the AD have been told that the quantum will continue to shrink. Essentially, the watch will become more pricey. Set this against a hugh depreciation for preowned Omega watches, the strategy should be one of buying a pre0wned from a good shop, namely JW.I have seen co-axials of all shades , planet oceans, moonwatches.... Truly, good value for money.

Comment

15% is standard discount. You definately can get higher than that.

Comment

haha a general observation is

omega trying to be rolex
                              ball trying to be omega

the hype is true. listen at your own risk.
                              visit my watch and audio blog oohlins.blogspot & learn how to use the rolex comfort link

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X