Advisory : Polishing of Rolex watches

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advisory : Polishing of Rolex watches

Hi all, i have a tag huer that i have been wearing for 2 years and it has many scratches now. Where can i bring it for polishing to like brand new? Please recommend me if you have been to any good and cheap shop. Roughly how much and how long they will take to do?

Many thanks!

its always good to bring back to ur agent...

as if u go other plc they will tell u to come back an hr...within that time they will therefore change ur spare part......

Comment

Last time I had a Tag polished @ jwwatch.com, cost me 100 + GST and took 1 week... just last month my colleague had his Tag polished via LVMH (dropped off at taka tag boutique) for about 95... forgot to ask him how long it took

Comment

Originally posted by wedgehammer View Post
        Last time I had a Tag polished @ jwwatch.com, cost me 100 + GST and took 1 week... just last month my colleague had his Tag polished via LVMH (dropped off at taka tag boutique) for about 95... forgot to ask him how long it took
        Took at least a month.

Comment

how much is it to send a rolex to RSC for polishing?
          fallraen
          "Grandpa were you a hero in the war?" "No,"he answered,"but I served in a company of heros."

Comment

polish

u can bring to Richard from Time will Tell at Sunshine plaza, cost is $80nett.
            result is very good....

Comment

haha ya but that doesnt answer my question leh :S
              fallraen
              "Grandpa were you a hero in the war?" "No,"he answered,"but I served in a company of heros."

Comment

Advisory : Polishing of Rolex watches

Hi,

Recently, I found a shop (same level as Sincere boutique in Lucky Plaza). It's quite inside. The owner, Mr. Lim, claimed he's a former Rolex technician.

I would like to seek your comments on this technician about his workmanship as I intend to send my watch for polishing. It's not just a simple polish as I had accidentally knocked it and there is a little ding on the case.

Has any of you sent your watch to him for polishing? How's his workmanship and charges? Thanks.

Comment

I wonder if you are referring to the shop called 'Top Hour'. If it is, then there is information available in the forum. Briefly, they are mostly positive feedback about Mr Lim.
                  The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Originally posted by breitling77 View Post
                    ...as I intend to send my watch for polishing. It's not just a simple polish as I had accidentally knocked it and there is a little ding on the case.
                    if you can stand the ding, why not live with it? polishing takes metal away... and reduces the life of a case.

an oyster case can only be polished a handful of times before it is no longer possible... a ding is merely unsightly. you can polish it in future when there are even more knocks and dents on it.

but if you cannot stand the ding, then by all means, go ahead and have it polished. tell mr lim to leave your case back alone if it does not require polishing.
                    “Watches, no matter how much they cost, are better at telling time than making a person happy.” - Thomas J. Stanley

Comment

Originally posted by taxico View Post
                      if you can stand the ding, why not live with it? polishing takes metal away... and reduces the life of a case.

an oyster case can only be polished a handful of times before it is no longer possible... a ding is merely unsightly. you can polish it in future when there are even more knocks and dents on it.

but if you cannot stand the ding, then by all means, go ahead and have it polished. tell mr lim to leave your case back alone if it does not require polishing.
                      Thanks, pal. Actually I was just trying all means to see how the dings could be removed. It's pretty heartache as this Submariner is my honeymoon present which I got it from Switzerland. It's really disappointing when it's hit by a mere touch. I wonder why the 904L which Rolex claim against corrosion etc, can't withstand a light knock.

Comment

Originally posted by breitling77 View Post
                        Thanks, pal. Actually I was just trying all means to see how the dings could be removed. It's pretty heartache as this Submariner is my honeymoon present which I got it from Switzerland. It's really disappointing when it's hit by a mere touch. I wonder why the 904L which Rolex claim against corrosion etc, can't withstand a light knock.
                        life happens. when i look at my watch... every scratch on it reminds me of the good, the bad and the ugly parts of my life.

some dings on my watch are from trying to get it on with my wife... zips... clips... sometimes at inappropriate places! ; )

some dings are because i was frustrated and callous... other dings are because others are careless towards me... : \

the first few marks are the most "painful", but you will get over it after a while. i don't recommend a polish just yet... but that's just me.

no metal is impervious to marks. only (some forms of) ceramic is. you may not be better off with a cheaper watch but you will feel less pain.
                        “Watches, no matter how much they cost, are better at telling time than making a person happy.” - Thomas J. Stanley

Comment

if it is a severe ding, is it not possible to weld a piece of metal so that you can fill up the ding, and polish it out.
                          [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
                          [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
                          Blue 6694
                          Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
                          [U]"My collection"[/U]:
                          [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

Originally posted by seiko.citizen View Post
                            if it is a severe ding, is it not possible to weld a piece of metal so that you can fill up the ding, and polish it out.
                            i think it's possible as you can repair pittings in a case, but i doubt it's something easy to do... plus... where does one easily get their hands on 904L?

Comment

Originally posted by taxico View Post
                              life happens. when i look at my watch... every scratch on it reminds me of the good, the bad and the ugly parts of my life.

some dings on my watch are from trying to get it on with my wife... zips... clips... sometimes at inappropriate places! ; )

some dings are because i was frustrated and callous... other dings are because others are careless towards me... : \

the first few marks are the most "painful", but you will get over it after a while. i don't recommend a polish just yet... but that's just me.

no metal is impervious to marks. only (some forms of) ceramic is. you may not be better off with a cheaper watch but you will feel less pain.
                              Bro Taxico, you are good and funny.... I like these lines:

- "every scratch on it reminds me of the good, the bad and the ugly parts of me life"

- "Some dings on my watch are from trying to get it on with my wife.... zips... clips... and ding sometimes at inappropriate places" - do less on top of the washing machine

- "the first few marks are the most "painful", but you will get over it after a while" - good one

Write a book Bro

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X