No announcement yet.

Deal only after Authentication at RSC?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deal only after Authentication at RSC?

for those who have sent their rolex watch to RSC for verification, can you let me know if it indicates the year of production? or what information is on the piece of verification papers
    if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
    1. subject heading indicating your issue
    2. your nick
    3. your corresponding email address
    4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Originally posted by triton View Post
    for those who have sent their rolex watch to RSC for verification, can you let me know if it indicates the year of production? or what information is on the piece of verification papers
    Authenticator's name, date of authentication, watch serial number only. Year of production don't have IIRC...
    Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today. -James Dean

Comment

I think year can be checked la...from some of the sites...they hav

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

Originally posted by Darkangel View Post
        I think year can be checked la...from some of the sites...they hav
        serial numbers are never repeated? aka each series serial number is different?
        if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

kindly email with
        2. your nick

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

Comment

Nope...yeah..eh u see ur IC,got repeat 1 not? The person die already then another person take over ah...hahaha

Am I hearing that from a Rolex master? Hahahha...I am surprised I thought u know very well

Comment

Hi,

as we might have observed, the 6-digit serial numbers for modern Rolex watches follow an alphabet. This I believed was introduced in 1987 starting with the letter "R". However, these letters do not run in alphabetical order and these letters representing their years of production had been compiled by some experts of which they are as follows:

1988 to 1989 - L
            1990 - E
            1991 - X, N
            1992 - C
            1993 to 1995 - S, W
            1996 - T
            1997 - U
            1998 to 2000 - A, P

& from 2001 to present, the letters ran like: K, Y, F, D, Z, M, respectively for each year. Some people had speculated that changing of the alphabet that precedes the serial number follows the numbers of Rolex watches produced . So when it runs to a million, it would jumped to the next alphabet as we can see that there were 2 aphlabets for Rolex watches produced in the same year . Maybe pure speculation, nobody knows for sure except the people at Rolex.

So base on the Lettering system, we would see similar serial numbers but the letters representing their year of production would be different. I think the only exception where we would see unique serial numbers on Rolex watches are the vintage models that were produced prior to 1987.

These are just info I picked up in various forums for sharing, they may not be totally accurate. Cheers
            Last edited by Taurus75; 02-02-08, 11:07 PM.
            HISTORY IS WRITTEN BY THOSE WHO
            REALIZE THERE'S NEVER A RIGHT WAY.

ONLY A BETTER WAY.

Comment

i understand the alphabet series is an indication of year of production period. however, because of the serial number is 6 digit, so 999999 is possibiy the maximum number of watches produced if the numbers are not repeated. so if numbers not repeated, than rolex will produce less than 1 million watches since day 1?. so to me, a more unique numbering system is to combine it with the alphabet.

Darkangel:

i also noticed that the numbers could end up pretty similar. that is why i ask about the numbering system. that is why i wondered if say XXTT appears in Z series, will it appear in M series.

Taurus75:

thanks for the clarification.

kindly email with
              2. your nick

Comment

seriously guys...let me share with you a way without even to pay for the verification.

point 1: chances are..if the watch is a fake, the seller won't dare to show up at RSC.

point 2: for the sake of a peace of mind....just meet the seller at RSC and then pass the watch to one of the ladies there. tell them you want to send the watch for an overhaul and to check how much it costs. if the watch is a fake, you know straight away (rolex will reject it immediately). if it's real, they'll tell u how much it costs. at that juncture you'll know 2 things; the watch is authentic and you know how much it costs to service it if you intend to buy your watch and sent it for overhaul later (you won't be given a big surprise at a later date plus you know exactly the total cost for the watch).

you decide if you want to overhaul the watch there and then...and you save the verification charges $75....and oh, say a big thank you to the lady at the counter please.

cheers

james
                Last edited by wolfeyes1974; 03-02-08, 10:00 PM.
                I can resist anything but temptation. - Oscar Wilde

Current collection
                A.Lange & Sohne Grand Langematik
                Audemars Piguet ROO
                Blancpain Fifty Fathoms (Dark Knight)
                De Bethune Titan Hawk (DB27)
                Habring2 Pilot Time Date
                Harry Winston Midnight Big Date
                Hublot Aerobang Skeleton
                IWC Portuguese Perpetual Calendar
                Panerai 270
                Patek Philippe 5711/1a
                Rolex 116610LV
                Vacheron Constantin Overseas

Comment

Originally posted by wolfeyes1974 View Post
                  seriously guys...let me share with you a way without even to pay for the verification.

point 1: chances are..if the watch is a fake, the seller won't dare to show up at RSC.

point 2: for the sake of a peace of mind....just meet the seller at RSC and then pass the watch to one of the ladies there. tell them you want to send the watch for an overhaul and to check how much it costs. if the watch is a fake, you know straight away (rolex will reject it immediately). if it's real, they'll tell u how much it costs. at that juncture you'll know 2 things; the watch is authentic and you know how much it costs to service it if you intend to buy your watch and sent it for overhaul later (you won't be given a big surprise at a later date plus you know exactly the total cost for the watch).

you decide if you want to overhaul the watch there and then...and you save the verification charges $75....and oh, say a big thank you to the lady at the counter please.

cheers

james
                  hey. this method i done before also..but cannot do one time too many, they know also one. the reason why i ask about the information on authentication papers is that if there is a serial number, then we can identify the watch to the papers as well.

kindly email with
                  2. your nick

Comment

yeah...can't do too many times...but it's not often we flip rollies...hahaha

anyway, the service paper that i got from my recent overhaul got only have the following:

serial number
                    model number
                    date of overhaul

not much diff from verification papers..

cheers

Current collection
                    Audemars Piguet ROO
                    Habring2 Pilot Time Date
                    Hublot Aerobang Skeleton
                    Panerai 270
                    Patek Philippe 5711/1a
                    Rolex 116610LV

Comment

Originally posted by wolfeyes1974 View Post
                      yeah...can't do too many times...but it's not often we flip rollies...hahaha

anyway, the service paper that i got from my recent overhaul got only have the following:

serial number
                      model number
                      date of overhaul

not much diff from verification papers..

cheers
                      series alphabet?

thanks for sharing

kindly email with
                      2. your nick

Comment

series alphabet?

thanks for sharing
                        yup...it shows the alpha followed by the number all part of the serial number...and they laminate the service paper as well...last time they don't do that...dunno when this started??

cheers

james

Current collection
                        Audemars Piguet ROO
                        Habring2 Pilot Time Date
                        Hublot Aerobang Skeleton
                        Panerai 270
                        Patek Philippe 5711/1a
                        Rolex 116610LV

Comment

Triton, don't mention it, its all about sharing info that makes a great forum.

cheers
                          HISTORY IS WRITTEN BY THOSE WHO
                          REALIZE THERE'S NEVER A RIGHT WAY.

ONLY A BETTER WAY.

Comment

Eh Triton how come u sound like ah newbie? hahhaa...I thought u old bird 1..

Comment

Originally posted by Darkangel View Post
                              Eh Triton how come u sound like ah newbie? hahhaa...I thought u old bird 1..
                              there are some threads and posts that are created for ULTERIOR motive.

if you happen to read yesterday sunday times where there is also another graduate selling food @ hawker centre, he commented that people who dress shabbily and treats you nice may be the really rich ones.

sometimes when questions are pose, u need to know the RATIONALE behind. do not jump into conclusion to assume anything.....
                              Last edited by triton; 04-02-08, 04:22 PM.

kindly email with
                              2. your nick

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X