Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Omega Speedmaster Help!

Hi all,

Getting my 1st Omega and kind of like the Speedmaster Moon watch LE Meteorite face.
    It is a bit pricey though and thot i get some expert advice on this watch.
    Is this a good value watch? Can Limited Edition retain more value over time? I'm intending to wear this for a long time... I suppose this watch should be able to last a long long time if taken good care...

Thanks in advice.

need to oil after 10 years as maintance, as it will dry out.

Comment

I think Rolex will retain value better than an Omega, but then again that's my personal views, maybe wrong...just saw an Omega Speedmaster Professional at MBS selling for $15K BNIB....and preowned shop selling around $2.9k to near $4k...think u can work out the maths...

But end of the day, if u like the watch n going to wear it till the next moon landing...then don't worry abt the retain value...JUST DO IT! Cheers! ;-)
      My collection

Rolex DateJust 16014,
      Rolex DateJust 16233,
      Rolex Submariner 16613LN
      Rolex GMT-Master IIC 116713LN
      Rolex Daytona 116523 (Champagne Gold Dial with Diamonds)
      Rolex Day-Day 1803, 18038 & 18238
      Omega Seamaster TT Polaris
      Omega Speedmaster Professional 1861Moonwatch

Wishlist:
      Short Term Hunt, YM

Long Term Hunt,
      Rolex DayDate, Omega Cal. 321 and 861 Professional SpeedMaster Moon-watch.

Comment

Originally posted by Kohky26 View Post
        I think Rolex will retain value better than an Omega, but then again that's my personal views, maybe wrong...just saw an Omega Speedmaster Professional at MBS selling for $15K BNIB....and preowned shop selling around $2.9k to near $4k...think u can work out the maths...

But end of the day, if u like the watch n going to wear it till the next moon landing...then don't worry abt the retain value...JUST DO IT! Cheers! ;-)
        I'm not sure if you making a correct assessment in what you have described. There are numerous variants of the Omega Speedmaster (OS) and you seem to have made an unfair comparison. A "$15K" OS can't possibly be selling at "around $2.9k to near $4k..." at a pre-owned shop . For that kinda' price, you should have compared it with the entry level OS Pro, which I think, costs around $5K+ brand new.
        The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Originally posted by Oceanklassik View Post
          I'm not sure if you making a correct assessment in what you have described. There are numerous variants of the Omega Speedmaster (OS) and you seem to have made an unfair comparison. A "$15K" OS can't possibly be selling at "around $2.9k to near $4k..." at a pre-owned shop . For that kinda' price, you should have compared it with the entry level OS Pro, which I think, costs around $5K+ brand new.
          累了才放慢脚步; 错了才想到后悔;苦了才懂得满足;伤了 才明白坚强; 醉了才知道难忘 ; 笑了才体会美丽!

是否我沉默了,你才能听到我的心声?是否我停止了,你才能看到我的眼泪?是否我心碎了,你才会摸到我的心痛?是否我消失了,你才会知道我的存在?

Comment

15k is not "normal" Omega Speedmaster lah... Must be one of the special/limited edition, precious metal or full of diamonds... As mentioned by Ocean bro, dun think u can find one of this kind of used Speedy at 2.9k - 4k...

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
            Working...
            X