Pasta Pasta Pasta!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pasta Pasta Pasta!

After watching the Movie Eat Pray Love, I was adamant in finding myself a well deserved bowl of pasta.....

Normally I would just swing pass Alfornos at east coast for meal with the family but after much thought I have decided to try a different joint, a joint that I used to frequent at siglap many many moons ago.

Presto, it was there that I found one of the best pasta that I have tasted (I have not ordered this before) their Salmon tagliatelle. Be sure to ask for chilli with olive oil on the side to compliment this pasta as it is an explosive marriage made in heaven. Can't believe my mouth is watering as I am writing this post!

Going forward, I am inviting all bros and sisters to share your favorite pasta here so that we too can get the opportunity to savour it!

Adrian

Prego?
    if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
    1. subject heading indicating your issue
    2. your nick
    3. your corresponding email address
    4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

Originally posted by triton View Post
      Prego?
      Been wanting to try it.... Any recommendations from their pasta selection?

Comment

Where's "presto" bro?
        Try Zafiro at Asia Square, very good italiano pasta. Their lunch menu are very good value for money, close on Sunday. Angolo at Maxwell Chambers also very impressive.

Originally posted by monstaR View Post
        After watching the Movie Eat Pray Love, I was adamant in finding myself a well deserved bowl of pasta.....

Normally I would just swing pass Alfornos at east coast for meal with the family but after much thought I have decided to try a different joint, a joint that I used to frequent at siglap many many moons ago.

Presto, it was there that I found one of the best pasta that I have tasted (I have not ordered this before) their Salmon tagliatelle. Be sure to ask for chilli with olive oil on the side to compliment this pasta as it is an explosive marriage made in heaven. Can't believe my mouth is watering as I am writing this post!

Going forward, I am inviting all bros and sisters to share your favorite pasta here so that we too can get the opportunity to savour it!

Adrian
        Daytona 116519 Meteorite, 16528 MK3 dia
        Reb Sub 1680 MK2 x 2, mk4, MK6 BP ,116613LB Dia, 16610LV MK1
        GMT 1675 Pepsi MK1, GILT BP,GMT 16753 Nipple Mocha x2 bp
        GMT II 16760 Coke FAT Lady, 16758 nipple
        DD 6611B x 2, 1803 RG, wide boy
        DD 18038 Dia, 18039, 18308 dia
        , 18238 malachite
        DJ 6520, 6605, 6581, 1601/1603 x 6, 16220/30/34 cream
        AP 15300 Black
        Tudor 7016 small rose gilt dial
        GP 18k RG
        IWC Port 3714 Chrono
        Chronoswiss Skeleton
        Corum Bubble Lucifer

Comment

Ah ha ha, my bad I forgot to name the joint, it is Pasta Fresca at siglap ... Apologies!

Comment

My current fav... Yomenya Goemon @ I12... didn't know Japanese pasta can be that tasty!
            My Latest Baby... Rolex 116613LN
            My Other Babies... Rolex 16220, Titoni 707-306

Comment

really? must try next time. Thanks for info bro.
              Originally posted by the_e_ones View Post
              My current fav... Yomenya Goemon @ I12... didn't know Japanese pasta can be that tasty!
              Daytona 116519 Meteorite, 16528 MK3 dia
              Reb Sub 1680 MK2 x 2, mk4, MK6 BP ,116613LB Dia, 16610LV MK1
              GMT 1675 Pepsi MK1, GILT BP,GMT 16753 Nipple Mocha x2 bp
              GMT II 16760 Coke FAT Lady, 16758 nipple
              DD 6611B x 2, 1803 RG, wide boy
              DD 18038 Dia, 18039, 18308 dia
              , 18238 malachite
              DJ 6520, 6605, 6581, 1601/1603 x 6, 16220/30/34 cream
              AP 15300 Black
              Tudor 7016 small rose gilt dial
              GP 18k RG
              IWC Port 3714 Chrono
              Chronoswiss Skeleton
              Corum Bubble Lucifer

Comment

Care to share which pasta in particular? Thanks!

Comment

its the first ive heard of japanese pasta. how different is it from the italian ones?
                  [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
                  [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
                  Blue 6694
                  Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
                  [U]"My collection"[/U]:
                  [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

I am not into Italian/western food, but my family and I love the pasta from one of the stalls at the Sembawang Hill food centre. Some of the dishes have a bit of local flavour. My favorite one is the seafood pasta (think it's called Pasta Marina) - big serving with lot of prawns, squids, clams and...red chilli, and cost only $7+. Yummy...
                    Watches are like potato chips - You never stop at one

Never political, seldom diplomatic, always honest

Comment

Originally posted by pegasi View Post
                      I am not into Italian/western food, but my family and I love the pasta from one of the stalls at the Sembawang Hill food centre. Some of the dishes have a bit of local flavour. My favorite one is the seafood pasta (think it's called Pasta Marina) - big serving with lot of prawns, squids, clams and...red chilli, and cost only $7+. Yummy...
                      Sounds good.....

Comment

Al forno at east coast is my all time fav ... their must try is their tomato base spag... nowadays I just order the big seafood pot served with their pizza bread.. In addition , I will order plain pasta to compliment the big pot .. Yummy..

Comment

Pasta fresca's one of my fav too! But I've been digging to "mien"!!! This store that operates in bukit timah market "2nd Lvl".. Not all authentic but a twist of local fusion mix to it!! Seafood panfried is my all time favourite!!

Comment

Hi bros.

Here to recommend a place. It's at club street. Name of restaurant is cugini.
                            By far my all time favourite is the squid ink pasta.
                            Slightly pricey compared to other pastas you see around. Around 30 dollars inclusive of GST, but I would say definitely worth the money and travel.
                            Do try their salads, panacotta and chocolate souffle.

Cheers!

Comment

my fave has always ben valentino's or gattopardo if i eat out. it used to be Big 'D's' (previously soul kitchen) but he's on a hiatus now. sad. he makes the best crab meat pasta, tagiatelle bolognese and prostitute (putenesca) pasta. ember used to make the best seafood pasta but sebastian has taken it off the menu as well. another that has just got on my radar is table@7's crab meat and king prawn pasta. but if i have to cok at home, I always get mine from Italina Food and Wine. they have a range of pastsa that takes 2-3 minutes to cook (depen ding on the pasta and it stays al dente for ever!

another very good value pace is richie's pasta place at balestier. literally a hole in the wall establishment but has a huge following anf good value for $.
                              I don't have enuf watches but I will stop buying now!
                              http://roguehogticktock.blogspot.sg/

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X