Nav Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse

Nav Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where in Singapore can I get a good deal for Seiko watches?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where in Singapore can I get a good deal for Seiko watches?

Hi bro/sis,

I am thinking of getting a Seiko watch for my dad as his birthday present and I have narrowed down my search to Seiko as i find this brand is established & proven durable,looks is solid and prices are reasonable.

I do not have much knowledge on the models but what I noticed from shops are most of them are Chronos & nice ones are usually Chronos, please correct me if I am wrong.

I want a get a non-Chronos,big face like 44mm(if they have),automatic movement and in metal braclet for my dad as a daily beater watch. Price range around $500 to $600 so I am not sure which has the above criterias. I tried to google for the models but not able to have much information.

I heard Bencoolen is a good place to buy G-shocks and Seiko through some of my friends hence I would like to seek for more alternatives here from experts and lovers & fans of Seiko,

Hope to hear some good advice here,

Cheers to all!
    Last edited by Speedmaster1979; 05-03-12, 11:18 AM. Reason: Spelling mistakes

There's also Big Time located at Sims Avenue (near Geylang East Central). The company carries Seiko and Orient watches, and mainly from Japan.
    The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Yup...Big time does have a large range of orients and seikos...

Ms Irene is extremely patient lady too...
      Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak

Courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen

Quoted from Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

Originally posted by Oceanklassik View Post
        There's also Big Time located at Sims Avenue (near Geylang East Central). The company carries Seiko and Orient watches, and mainly from Japan.
        Hi bro,thank you for the first response once again. Yes, I have just read some postings on this shop mostly on some JDM models which are quite rare and price wise,could be more expensive?

What I am looking for is a simple Seiko watch and I am wondering if the price of Big Time is competitive or the shops inside this Bencoolen Shopping centre.Also do Big Time have many ranges of Seiko watches or they only carry few high end models?

Sorry for such noob questions, hope you dun get offended,

Cheers!

Comment

Originally posted by feilong108 View Post
          Yup...Big time does have a large range of orients and seikos...

Ms Irene is extremely patient lady too...
          Hi bro feilong,

Thanks for your fast response as well.

But how is their pricing wise?Cos I am no expert and did not do my market search on the models that I want(Basically I got no models in mind,just want to see which one most chios when face to face)so scared kanna ripped off once the shops knows that you are newbies and do not know a thing or two especially pricing...........

Comment

I think if you compare Big Time with the watch retailers at The Bencoolen, the latter will have a wider range, less those JDMs. However, Big Time may have some other models which those other retailers do not have. There will be some 'overlapping' models among them and as much as I know, Big Time tends to bring in the JDMs. Price wise, I think is subjective because it depends largely on the models specific.
            The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Can always pop by Bigtime for a look Bro Speedmaster....Look for Ms Irene....

No harm going there to browse...

Price wise as Moderator Ocean stated...quite subjective...

Personally , i bought once from there and the service rendered to me is pretty impressive...
              Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak

Courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen

Quoted from Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

Bro I got mine at a cheaper price from Chinatown, but not Japan model, in house warranty(not international). Call me if u need direction. Cheers.

Comment

I think bro petrolnut here is also selling seiko. But price wise you got to compare, I'm not very familiar.
                  http://www.sg-roc.com/search.php?searchid=910502

Comment

Originally posted by Alexlow View Post
                    Bro I got mine at a cheaper price from Chinatown, but not Japan model, in house warranty(not international). Call me if u need direction. Cheers.
                    I believe brudder Alex here refers to the shop of SKYWATCHES in the net. Majority of their watches are in-house warranteed, not linked to ThongSia.
                    At the same building, some of the watches sold by Twinkle electronics are warranteed by ThongSia. Those MIJ makes are not.

Comment

You are absolutely right, that's the shop's name. Only recall it now that u mention, getting old le got poor memory.
                      Originally posted by Ed.YEO View Post
                      I believe brudder Alex here refers to the shop of SKYWATCHES in the net. Majority of their watches are in-house warranteed, not linked to ThongSia.
                      At the same building, some of the watches sold by Twinkle electronics are warranteed by ThongSia. Those MIJ makes are not.

Comment

Originally posted by Speedmaster1979 View Post
                        ...I am looking for is a simple Seiko watch and I am wondering if the price of Big Time is competitive or the shops inside this Bencoolen Shopping centre.Also do Big Time have many ranges of Seiko watches or they only carry few high end models?...
                        Earlier posted half way... sup steps in... here i continues...

Generally now most SEIKOs in the market price are quite controlled liao. Should there be any difference, the gap should only be a green bill or 2 apart. To get a better price when you go bargaining around... i suggest that you go to Mustafa center where their prices are quite fixed with discount, also open to public as well... Then use the price you saw, to make comparison at other shops where you may be going to make your purchase, go and bargain for extra savings... Yea... it sounds very much un-ethical... but that's the only way we can get good discounts on the SEIKOs we want to get.

However, in comparison, other shops will not have wider range as what Mustafa may have.
                        As mentioned, there'll be some models available in BigTime that other shops, including Mustafa may not have. Hence, BigTime will have an advantage of charging a little high on some market obsolete models. To date, the only shop that i find to have models that BigTime will also carry, is the one in Chinatown PPC, Watch Fashion aka SKYWATCHES that is...

In Bencoolen, majority of the models you saw, will be what you get to see in Mustafa as well... not much niche models.
                        The same applies to Twinkle @ PPC as well as K2, who carries much lesser options.

Comment

Hi all,

I just went to Big Time in Sims Ave to see see but sad to say i did not spot any ideal watch for my dad and i just came out from Bencoolen from a shop by the name of 3D Watch Trading.

Finally set my eyes on a diver's watch but through the shop,it is not made in Japan but assured me that the parts are from Seiko Japan but only assembled in Asia but did not say where which i half sian.

Second sian part is that the glass is not Sapphire glass as he claimed that all Seiko divers watch not sapphire.

I snapped some photos(Avail in black or white face)with my phone and wondering if any kind souls can help me by uploading for me so that experts here can help by giving me advise as i quite like this watch very much to get for my dad but due to the above 2 factors,not sure if its durable and best buy(Was quoted $380 after 35% less)after less and City Chain quoted me $505 after 15% less which is a huge difference.

Cheers!

Comment

Here you go bro;

Originally posted by Speedmaster1979 View Post
                            Hi all,

I just went to Big Time in Sims Ave to see see but sad to say i did not spot any ideal watch for my dad and i just came out from Bencoolen from a shop by the name of 3D Watch Trading.

Finally set my eyes on a diver's watch but through the shop,it is not made in Japan but assured me that the parts are from Seiko Japan but only assembled in Asia but did not say where which i half sian.

Second sian part is that the glass is not Sapphire glass as he claimed that all Seiko divers watch not sapphire.

I snapped some photos(Avail in black or white face)with my phone and wondering if any kind souls can help me by uploading for me so that experts here can help by giving me advise as i quite like this watch very much to get for my dad but due to the above 2 factors,not sure if its durable and best buy(Was quoted $380 after 35% less)after less and City Chain quoted me $505 after 15% less which is a huge difference.

Cheers!

Comment

Hi bro Alex,

Thanks for your kind help rendered to me!

Send my regards to eddie and kopi soon yeah'

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X