Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advice for a first time buyer of Rolex

Hi to all,

I am planning to buy my very first Rolex... (after thinking about it for sometime....) Have set my eyes on the Submariner.... black dial... Anyway, I have been looking around shops and online for pre-owned watch.. but finally decided that since it's my first Rolex... I want to get myself a brand new one.... any recommendation on shops in Singapore to make my purchase, and what will be a good price?

How about the date feature on the watch... is it better for a submariner to have one or not?

I would also be happy if anyone is kind enough to offer me any other advice or infomration u think a first time owner should know...

Before I end, I am sorry if my questions sounds stupid.. but it's my first Rolex.. so would need all the help I can need from all of you existing owners.... Thk u all in advance....

the discount structure will vary.

try going to lucky plaza where u have couple of the rolex AD there. then u can walk down to paragon and takashimaya for more AD. with that you can rather know the discount structure.

AMEX - minimum discount
    Master/Visa - slightly better than AMEX
    Cash - slightly better than Master/Visa
    if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
    1. subject heading indicating your issue
    2. your nick
    3. your corresponding email address
    4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

Originally posted by cedric View Post
      Hi to all,

I am planning to buy my very first Rolex... (after thinking about it for sometime....) Have set my eyes on the Submariner.... black dial... Anyway, I have been looking around shops and online for pre-owned watch.. but finally decided that since it's my first Rolex... I want to get myself a brand new one.... any recommendation on shops in Singapore to make my purchase, and what will be a good price?

How about the date feature on the watch... is it better for a submariner to have one or not?

I would also be happy if anyone is kind enough to offer me any other advice or infomration u think a first time owner should know...

Before I end, I am sorry if my questions sounds stupid.. but it's my first Rolex.. so would need all the help I can need from all of you existing owners.... Thk u all in advance....
      Personally, it depend on your preference if u prefer to have a date submariner or not. Majority of the submariners I've seen around are the ones with dates.
      I totally agree that you should do some recce around & see what the various ADs could offer you before your purchase. Hope u secure a good buy & Best Regards.

Comment

Maybe you can try People Park complex AD KHH i brought my Sub Lv there after asking around all the AD in the City.

Comment

Originally posted by ahdimah View Post
          Maybe you can try People Park complex AD KHH i brought my Sub Lv there after asking around all the AD in the City.
          See...doing leg work helps

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

of course....... you will be kindly rewarded for your time
            [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
            [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
            Blue 6694
            Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
            [U]"My collection"[/U]:
            [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

yup...do take time to recce around....do also check out the AD at the Pen Plaza.... cheers.... and good luck...
              Rolex TT Submariner Date Blue Dial (Ref#116613LB)
              Rolex Deep Sea Sea Dweller (Ref#116660)
              Rolex 18K/SS Oyster Perpetual Datejust (Ref#16233)
              Omega Seamaster 300M Chrono (Ref#2920.80.91)

Comment

Totally agreed...walking around to visit all AD and asking for price is a kind of enjoyment

Comment

Advice again....

Hi to all,

A big thank you to all who have bother to post comments and information for my first rolex.... have went around to check prices at couple of ADs.... and seems like KHH is having the best price.... would be going to KHH at People's Park Complex for my buy... the only thing is to decide between submariner, GMT II or Sea-Dweller DeepSea... though the last one is unlikely as it's quite X for the additional 3mm.... moreover I really don't think the deep sea feature will be useful for me... will post pics after I have splash my $$$...anyway, the model might not be available at KHH as well.... (BTW, if anyone is interested, there is a pre-owned Series V, with papers dated Oct 08 for sale at passions.... (not sure what happen... but selling it so soon)...

Back to KHH... for those who have bought there before... any recommended sales person I shld look for... a referral will be gd.... In addition, based on what I read, discount is given for cash sales only... just to make sure I am right... but are we talking about bringing thousands of dollars in cold hard cash.... (sorry if I sound stupid.. )...

Thks to all for your kind advice....

Comment

Hi to all

Firstly, a big thank you to all who have taken the time to post your comments and information for my first rolex... have already visited a number of ADs and seems like the KHH at People's Park Complex would offer the best buy.... the problem now is which one... Submariner... GMT II or Sea-Dweller Deepsea... but unlikely to be the first one, as it seems rather X for the additional 3mm.... moreover the deepsea feature is unlikely to be useful to me... then again... the model may not be available at KHH at all....

Anyway back to KHH.. for those who have make purchases there before, any particular recommended sales persons to look for.... or better still a referral would be better....

On top of that, from what I have read thus far from the various threads, it seems like discount is only given for cash purchase.... just to make sure that I am correct.. cash purchase means bring thousands of dollar in cold hard cash right.....

Thks to all you for your advice again.... would post my "FIRST" after I have splash the $$$...

Comment

Hi

Will be visiting KHH soon to splash my $$$ on my first rolex... any recommended sales person that I shld look for... a referral will also be gd....

BTW, seems like discount is only given for cash purchase.. just to be sure I am right.. this means bring thousands of dollar in cold hard cash right...

Thks for the information again.

Comment

dun worry...... KHH sales people are friendly so can approach any one...
                        the hype is true. listen at your own risk.
                        visit my watch and audio blog oohlins.blogspot & learn how to use the rolex comfort link

Comment

and yes, bring cold hard cash and you will be rewarded
                          Blue 6694
                          [U]"My collection"[/U]:

Comment

10 pcs of 1 thousand notes ought to be sufficent....lol...easy to carry de..no worries...
                            Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak

Courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen

Quoted from Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

a smarter move would be 1pc of S$10k note
                              Blue 6694
                              [U]"My collection"[/U]:

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X