Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advisory : Authentication Rolex Watches

Hi guys,

juz curious. Very often, for the peace of mind, we talk about seller/buyer bringing pre-owned watches to RSC for authentication b4 any purchase is finalised. I'm not very sure what the authentication process entails but I would assumed that opening the case back of the watch would be an important aspect of it since that is where the movement can be inspected (or they do not have to do this to know its authenticity). This brings to mind the issue of compromise in the water resistance (WR) of the watch after such process. I reckoned that RSC would ensure the intergrity of the the WR of the watch when any authentication is carried out by them? Or they would not undertake such guarantee since they had not inspected the gaskets, for example, to know if it is WR effective? Anyone in the know care to share??
    HISTORY IS WRITTEN BY THOSE WHO
    REALIZE THERE'S NEVER A RIGHT WAY.

ONLY A BETTER WAY.

since there is a service charge for authentication, u can request them to do a test after the caseback is screwed in......
    the hype is true. listen at your own risk.
    visit my watch and audio blog oohlins.blogspot & learn how to use the rolex comfort link

Comment

Originally posted by Taurus75 View Post
      Hi guys,

This brings to mind the issue of compromise in the water resistance (WR) of the watch after such process. I reckoned that RSC would ensure the intergrity of the the WR of the watch when any authentication is carried out by them? Or they would not undertake such guarantee since they had not inspected the gaskets, for example, to know if it is WR effective? Anyone in the know care to share??
      interesting point you bring out. im not sure if they will charge extra for doing additional this test.
      if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
      1. subject heading indicating your issue
      2. your nick
      3. your corresponding email address
      4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

I guess once te watch goes in for servicing, any cork-ups threafter shld b borne by RSC. At least thre's proof when u do servicing. I feel tat te co. has got a reputation to keep, so shld b ok la.

The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

my visit at RSC.

before i collect a watch from them.

i ask questions..like is it original,bezel,dial,bracelet or any modifications done on the watch.
          i know all are silly questions..what the heck, i pay $75 for it and i
          must ensure i get all my answers.."Never ask never know".

Comment

AGREED !
            The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

unfortunately authentication is not considered a service i.e. cleaning, lubrication, testing etc.....

so how can rsc be responsible...?
              Last edited by ohlins; 09-01-08, 11:30 PM.
              visit my watch and audio blog oohlins.blogspot & learn how to use the rolex comfort link

Comment

I dunno. Tot something like car servicing. U sen car in. Check-check. Car come out. Something cork up. U go back make noise lor. Watever te prob is will b a diff matter liao. May b someone going 4 service nw can enquire n help quench our thirst for answer?

The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

u shd compare with car verification.......... rather than car servicing........ cos nothing is serviced at authentication......

Comment

i maybe sending my mom's 8yr old rollie for servicing soon so perhaps i can just ask when i am there but from what i heard, the attitude and willingness of the technicians & recept to answer queries varies on a wide spectrum. go figure.
                    Remnants of my irresponsibility:
                    "Foreign affections"
                    1) Sinn U1-30 June 2007
                    2) Rolex Sea-Dweller 16600 M series-23 Jan 08 (HER perpetual oyster )
                    3) Omega Seamaster Chrono Diver 2225.80.00-25 Jul 08 (From Wife )
                    4) IWC Top Gun Chrono-20 Sep 09
                    What's NEXT?

Comment

Originally posted by feudallordcult View Post
                      i maybe sending my mom's 8yr old rollie for servicing soon so perhaps i can just ask when i am there but from what i heard, the attitude and willingness of the technicians & recept to answer queries varies on a wide spectrum. go figure.
                      from past experience, the younger female receptionists are friendlier, the older one ( particular one ) damn *****y, stud-up and in-sensitive. There is one male receptionist -- very stud-up also.

Comment

Originally posted by daveevan View Post
                        from past experience, the younger female receptionists are friendlier, the older one ( particular one ) damn *****y, stud-up and in-sensitive. There is one male receptionist -- very stud-up also.
                        think i'll ask my ex-gf to go along then we'll see whose the real *****.
                        Remnants of my irresponsibility:
                        "Foreign affections"
                        1) Sinn U1-30 June 2007
                        2) Rolex Sea-Dweller 16600 M series-23 Jan 08 (HER perpetual oyster )
                        3) Omega Seamaster Chrono Diver 2225.80.00-25 Jul 08 (From Wife )
                        4) IWC Top Gun Chrono-20 Sep 09
                        What's NEXT?

Comment

Wait till your wife sees this!

QUOTE!!!! Hahaha...havent done this in a long while already

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

this is evil........
                            if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
                            1. subject heading indicating your issue
                            2. your nick
                            3. your corresponding email address
                            4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

just visited RSC again. service seems alright with me..

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X