Introducing Stowa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Introducing Stowa

This is another independant brand that I like very much...

here are some pics (not mine)

Last edited by Wisingapore; 21-12-07, 06:28 AM.

clean and simple design, somehow i prefer the looks of Nomos over Stowa.
    d e a r.l y - because they are worth it...

w a s t i n g m y t i.m e

Comment

Comment

Nomos is nice! and it comes with its own inhouse movement...

In comparison with the STOWA of similar design, there isnt alot of perceptable difference in appearance but given the inhouse movement, the Nomos trumphs...

But the STOWA Airman and the Marine Original is another thing. Stowa is one of the original companies that made german flieger watches and still make a very good one compared to alot of other brands out there.

The Marine Original is one of the most beautiful watches i have ever seen...

Comment

These are sure great watches.
          Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today. -James Dean

Comment

Hi WISingapore

Anyplace in SG that we can check out Stowa?

Originally posted by Wisingapore View Post
            Nomos is nice! and it comes with its own inhouse movement...

In comparison with the STOWA of similar design, there isnt alot of perceptable difference in appearance but given the inhouse movement, the Nomos trumphs...

But the STOWA Airman and the Marine Original is another thing. Stowa is one of the original companies that made german flieger watches and still make a very good one compared to alot of other brands out there.

The Marine Original is one of the most beautiful watches i have ever seen...
            d e a r.l y - because they are worth it...

w a s t i n g m y t i.m e

Comment

HAHA! Bro, you beat me to the punch! I spent all of yesterday surfing and researching the net for this brand! Even wanted to order it off the net but there's no delivery to singapore! So i emailed Jorg shauer - no reply as yet....

Yes it's true. The stowa looks damn badass. 1 of the 5 that made the B-uhrs for the luftwaffe. The others being - Lange, IWC, Laco, wempe....Laco's watches dont look that cool, and wempe seems to have become some big-time jewellery shop......

I aint gonna fork out thousands for an IWC, and definitely not 10s of thousands for a lange either..so..and this looks way better than the fortis etc types..hell i think it gives azimuth a real kick in the ass (sorry chris) coz it's one of the original!
              There is no true love, just a finely tuned jealousy

Comment

I think must order online, I almost ordered the Airman Original No Logo, but it was out of stock at that time, and due to cannot bear the watch itch, I bought some other watches locally instead.

Now I want the Marine Original... very very nice...

I think if anyone is interested in buying mid next year, can consider a Mass Order, but i am not sure how much cheaper it will be or at all, but at the least we can save on shipping charges...

Comment

Bro, i tried ordering online- the exact one you were checking out. There's no "singapore" in the country field. hence, i have to wait for the man himself to reply.....i was trawling their forum, checking out the posts, pics, etc...

So which B-uhrs did u buy in th end? Locally, prob can only find the meistersinger, eberhard, fortis ? And of cse, the azimuth

Comment

I got the Azimuth Bombardier I.

Ordering is possible, but a little troublesome, I have their email somewhere, will pass it to you when I find it. They have 2 websites, I think the germany website can order to sg, whereas the us one cannot, or the other way round...

For alternatives, I would check out the aristo, archimedes, azimuth, laco, iwc (hehe), glastutte original (hohoho), steinhart and Sinn.

look out for the sales corner too...

Comment

Bro, you're damn rich man! Glasshute -expensive poor man's lange. Lange just tooo expensive...IWC - er, i wont pay so much for a brand that uses Valjoux 7750 for their chronograph (which my plasmir milgraph also uses) and then charge ppl a king's ransom for it! Archimede i think u mean. Archimedes was the precursor to Carl F Bucherer...so prob damn ex too...

How much was the azimuth if you dun mind me asking? I gotta say, their watches are quite nice..feel quite a bit of national pride man!

Comment

I got it for a pretty good price, orginally abt 1600 i think.... their new series super ex, i think 4k++

Comment

Anyone with updates on whether Stowa can deliver to Singapore? I"m keen too... especially the Airman Ikarus or Airman automatic date.
                          the Trails and the Ocean !

Comment

Bro, found the link. Wii was right. Hafta go thru the german link coz of VAT issues. Sporeans and malaysians hafta pay VAT! Other countries no need! CCB! Dunno if should order thru to VPost...

Comment

Yes, that is mainly why at the end I didnt buy...

How? Any bros got idea to dun pay the VAT? VAT is like 17 percent leh then still have to add GST damn no logic...

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X