Batman, anyone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Batman, anyone?

Jaeger-LeCoultre "The Dark Knight Rises" Grande Reverso Ultra Thin Tribute to 1931

An iconic watch and a timeless symbol of Art Deco, the ‘Reverso’ is the Swiss watchmaker Jaeger-LeCoultre’s invention that has been unique in the world since 1931. This exotic watch sporting a dial that could protect itself from shocks, all the while offering a personalized engraved background is widely known for being first featured in Joel Schumacher directed ‘Batman Forever’ starring Val Kilmer in the title role. The playboy-cum-philanthropist and night-owl-vigilante wore the Jaeger-LeCoultre’s Reverso Grande Taille sporting a Batman logo engraved and lacquered on its solid case-back, and used it more as a communicating tool with its dial replaced by the faces of the people Batman was communicating with. Even Batman’s new incarnation in the form of Bruce Wayne also wore Reverso in Christopher Nolan’s Batman trilogy. And, continuing its seventeen-year old association with the Batman franchise, Jaeger-LeCoultre is seen featured in the latest blockbuster ‘The Dark Knight Rises’, in which the character of Bruce Wayne wears the Jaeger-LeCoultre Reverso Grande Date. Now, Jaeger-LeCoultre also pays its tribute to the epic conclusion to the Dark Knight legend with a custom Reverso watch, a very special edition Grande Reverso Ultra Thin Tribute to 1931 steel timepiece engraved and lacquered with the legendary Bat-Shield.

Back in 1995, a limited edition Jaeger-LeCoultre’s Reverso Grande Taille was created. And, now the original look of the limited edition Grande Taille has however been reproduced in the form of the Reverso Grande Date wore by legendary Batman/Bruce Wayne in 'The Dark Knight Rises'.

Paying tribute to the epic conclusion to the Dark Knight legend, the custom special edition Grande Reverso Ultra Thin Tribute to 1931 steel timepiece will be available for view in Jaeger-LeCoultre’s own London, Geneva, Los Angeles and Hong Kong boutiques.

Batman lovers can purchase the limited edition Grande Reverso Ultra Thin Tribute to 1931 and can have their very own Bat-Shield engraved and lacquered on the solid case back.

Batman lovers can purchase the limited edition

*article taken from bornrich.com
    Last edited by MsLucifer; 25-07-12, 11:05 AM.
    Don't trust anyone too much, even your own shadow leave you when you are in darkness.

Not bad, but I much prefer the previous Grande Taille Batman Forever LE which has a white dial and a proper Batman logo.

This latest LE reminds me of the dark side of the Dark Knight...
    Watches are like potato chips - You never stop at one

Never political, seldom diplomatic, always honest

Comment

they did one for Batman Forever in 1995.

http://timetrackblog.blogspot.sg/201...ght-rises.html

They weren't allowed to sell it though.

Comment

Cool watch...

Don know if they will come in to sg or not...if yes will go check it out cause need a JLC reverso in my list...

Comment

So in the movie the one Bruce Wayne wears is this model without the logo, the Grande Reverso Ultra Thin Tribute to 1931?

Comment

i am a fan of the reverso line. Bought 3 of them in the past. 1 of them is mine (972), and the 822(x2) i bought for my partner.

But a reverso with batman motif behind is ridiculous. Why does a top-5 watch maker want to pay-tribute to an imaginary comic charactor? Sure, Batman and Christian Bale are cool dudes, but this doesn't make sense, EVEN as a gimmick. I can be a batman fan, but i really would prefer not to assoc JLC with him whatever the case. This is worse than APROO tribute to arnold schwazenegger.

Think about Patek engraving the Hulk's face on the back of their wrist watch. Get my drift? NO offence to anyone who feels otherwise. My grieviances have been voiced. Luxury watch manufactures should do what they do best and not dabble with anything that makes them difficult to take seriously.

JLC getting comical here. Pardon the pun.
            "Houston, Tranquility Base here. The Eagle has landed."

Comment

Originally posted by eXis10z View Post
              So in the movie the one Bruce Wayne wears is this model without the logo, the Grande Reverso Ultra Thin Tribute to 1931?
              My guess is that it is a JLC grande date or GMT

Comment

Anyone bought this? I think the one for Raffles Hotel is a better buy as compare to this one.

Comment

This Batman Reverso isn't for sale.

Comment

This watch look nice

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X