Oysters Anyone ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oysters Anyone ?

Mention the word oyster in this forum and first thing i bet everyone think of is the Rolex oyster case keke I always love a good oyster meal with friends, i remember my first bite was when i was in Blackpool, a quiet seaside resort south east of UK in 1990. Walk into a oyster bar and they would offer you oysters that just pluck from the sea ! Taste so good that you could chew it and roll it around your tongue and it still totally fresh ! Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr perfect ! Been there and back for more than a decade.
    Back home, even top star Hotels hardly come close, a good top grade oyster now cost about $15 to $25 a piece and buffet oyster well so so lah. Now everyone is tightening our pockets, Please bros and sister do share with us any good and not so ex oyster bars in Singapore
    THANKS !!!!!!
    *** EMMANUEL***

wow! Oysters! The last time I have it was on Mega star Taurus. Eat it with wine! Damn delious!

Comment

Greenwood Fish Market & Bistro, fresh raw Oysters for $1.00 each on every Tuesdays.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by UncleLau View Post
        Mention the word oyster in this forum and first thing i bet everyone think of is the Rolex oyster case keke I always love a good oyster meal with friends, i remember my first bite was when i was in Blackpool, a quiet seaside resort south east of UK in 1990. Walk into a oyster bar and they would offer you oysters that just pluck from the sea ! Taste so good that you could chew it and roll it around your tongue and it still totally fresh ! Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr perfect ! Been there and back for more than a decade.
        Back home, even top star Hotels hardly come close, a good top grade oyster now cost about $15 to $25 a piece and buffet oyster well so so lah. Now everyone is tightening our pockets, Please bros and sister do share with us any good and not so ex oyster bars in Singapore
        THANKS !!!!!!
        Bro, as you mentioned. Oysters must be eaten fresh. Even if they are airflown, cannot even come close and damn expensive. Only have it when I am overseas.

Some with lemon, some with tabasco, some kosong, with a nice Sauvignon Blanc or oaked chardonnay....then hehehe.

Comment

True. I prefer Lemon can kill the smell!

Comment

fresh oyster at my side..... shiok!! abit of sauce, or lemon and ok already
            [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
            [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
            Blue 6694
            Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
            [U]"My collection"[/U]:
            [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

oysers fried with egg sold at kopi tiam and market consider or not? hehe

Comment

Oysters used to be my 2nd love (1st love is still crabs). Years back I was in the states for a few years and I would eat at least one dozen of raw oysters a week. A can of six raw oysters cost only US2.99 then. I remembered whenever there's a buffet with oysters I would at least finish off hundreds of raw oysters at one goal. Now I have reached the end of my quota for oysters as I could not even consume one without getting stomach upset. The worst case was that I went to toilet at least 6 times within an hour and I could not drive home until I consumed charcoal pills from a nearby pharmacy to stop the diarrhoea. I really missed those days that I could swallowed those raw oysters. Now unless I want to "cleanse" my stomach, I wouldn't dare to eat even one!

Comment

Originally posted by patclay View Post
                  Oysters used to be my 2nd love (1st love is still crabs). Years back I was in the states for a few years and I would eat at least one dozen of raw oysters a week. A can of six raw oysters cost only US2.99 then. I remembered whenever there's a buffet with oysters I would at least finish off hundreds of raw oysters at one goal. Now I have reached the end of my quota for oysters as I could not even consume one without getting stomach upset. The worst case was that I went to toilet at least 6 times within an hour and I could not drive home until I consumed charcoal pills from a nearby pharmacy to stop the diarrhoea. I really missed those days that I could swallowed those raw oysters. Now unless I want to "cleanse" my stomach, I wouldn't dare to eat even one!
                  Bro you like me now , only very very fresh oyster i am okay. If you go hotels buffet, what i do is i have hot soup first than sashimi and oysters. We are very alike just loves oyster buffets, i remember one time i ate so much oysters at local hotel the waiter came over and ask me " Sir ! you want coffee or tea ? "
                  hehe when are you planning your next buffets ? Please PM me
                  *** EMMANUEL***

Comment

Originally posted by kenkelvin View Post
                    oysers fried with egg sold at kopi tiam and market consider or not? hehe
                    Bro you go start a new thread on fried oyster with egg lah keke
                    *** EMMANUEL***

Comment

Bro you go start a new thread on fried oyster with egg lah keke

hehe, cause fried liao wont get stomachache mah hehe.

Comment

Bro you like me now , only very very fresh oyster i am okay. If you go hotels buffet, what i do is i have hot soup first than sashimi and oysters. We are very alike just loves oyster buffets, i remember one time i ate so much oysters at local hotel the waiter came over and ask me " Sir ! you want coffee or tea ? "
                        hehe when are you planning your next buffets ? Please PM me
                        Think I have to give it a pass for another reason: High Cholesterol!

Comment

I can never stand the taste of oysters...
                          A bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at the office.

Just me and my NT...

Comment

Originally posted by louisoh View Post
                            I can never stand the taste of oysters...
                            believe it or not!I nvr tried one single oyster all my life... But i know it smells fishy.

Comment

Anyone try before the malays one eat with spicy sambal? wah lau damn delious!

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X