Seagull.........Made in China (pics) >>>

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seagull.........Made in China (pics) >>>

Bought this Seagull Chronograph about a year ago just for the novelty. It is manual wind. I like it.

A retro looking dial and S/S case. Lug width is 18mm.

The display back lets you see the intricate design of the movement.
    'The way to high office is by the crooked stairs.' - Queen Elizabeth I (in the movie)

Is it weighty? This is interesting. You got this online or from mainland China?
    Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today. -James Dean

Comment

Originally posted by Henry T View Post
      Bought this Seagull Chronograph about a year ago just for the novelty. It is manual wind. I like it.
      How's the seagull accuracy ??

Nice watch .

Me also thinking of getting 1 pcs first before the prices all go up .
      1675/16610/116234/78240
      Ball CM1092C-S1J-BR/NT BLUE MARKER
      Hublot BB ASF
      PAM 104J
      Sinn 903 H2
      Tutima Chrono Fx LE/RXW
      U-boat classico AS-classico AB (53mm)
      If you pick up a starving dog and nurse him well, he will not bite you; that is the principal difference between a dog and a man.

Comment

Originally posted by minusplus View Post
        Is it weighty? This is interesting. You got this online or from mainland China?
        Actually the watch is relatively lightweight. Sure doesn't have the heft of an Omega Speedmaster (Moonwatch). AFAIK there is no bracelet option.

I got a friend who is working in China to buy it for me. There are many sellers in the various watch forums. Price is in the region of SGD330, but it may have gone up.
        'The way to high office is by the crooked stairs.' - Queen Elizabeth I (in the movie)

Comment

Originally posted by marineguy8888 View Post

How's the seagull accuracy ??

As accurate as any Seiko or Citizen.

Comment

Originally posted by Henry T View Post
            As accurate as any Seiko or Citizen.
            Thx ,

will do more research .
            1675/16610/116234/78240
            Hublot BB ASF
            PAM 104J
            Sinn 903 H2
            Tutima Chrono Fx LE/RXW
            If you pick up a starving dog and nurse him well, he will not bite you; that is the principal difference between a dog and a man.

Comment

Saw another shop selling China watch outside Central Mall (Clarke Quay) ... guess China is selling everything from toy, food, car and watches. How their watches and QQ car will not have negative feedback as the toy and food ...

Comment

Buy "TimeWatch" shares on the singapore stock exchange...
                they are one of the big watch makers and OEM movement suppliers in China
                Stock trading about 26cents.

I recall they opened their own boutique in Singapore recently... "TianWang" or something like that.

Comment

Originally posted by keltzar View Post

I recall they opened their own boutique in Singapore recently... "TianWang" or something like that.
                  Thx for the tip .

Will go lookie charts .
                  1675/16610/116234/78240
                  Hublot BB ASF
                  PAM 104J
                  Sinn 903 H2
                  Tutima Chrono Fx LE/RXW

Comment

there is one watch brand where its tourbillon movements is made in china but reassembled and rework in swiss. this information is taken off website of a local watch shop

Philippe-Chiparus / Tourbillon (Ltd 60pcs)
                    Last edited by triton; 04-01-08, 07:13 AM.
                    if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
                    1. subject heading indicating your issue
                    2. your nick
                    3. your corresponding email address
                    4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

Originally posted by keltzar View Post

YEAH, that's the shop at Clarke Quay .... !!!!

Comment

Oh...I heard of this brand b4. I was talking about tourbillions being expensive at HWZ..then this fella show me a China brand which is Seagull for SGD 4k..but kinda crazy to pay 4k for a china product leh

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

What's $4k for a china-made product. People are paying $35k for a china-made car

China has a foothold in the high-end audio industry . Many of the luxury audio brands like Quad , Wharfdale etc. are now not only made in china, but owned by Chinese companies. They are then shipped to the UK for finishing and stamped "Made in England". And from an article I read, the facilities in China are impressive.

Same as some luxury british marque cars.

If you are a camera-buff, I can also tell you that while photographers have raved about German Zeiss optics for so long... what many don't know is that the lenses are assembled in Germany and stamped "Made in Germany"... but the optics are actually manufactured from german schott glass right here in Singapore.

The reality is, this is the china-century. It will be tough not to have china-made products.

Those phillpe chairol wathces that JW is selling is a good example of how it can be done... source an ebauch movement in China and rework it to Swiss standards.

Comment

Food for thoughts .

Lenovo, the largest PC maker in China, paid $1.25B (about equal amounts of cash and stock) for IBM's PC unit. Lenovo's market cap is about $3B so this amounts to a 19% stake for IBM in Lenovo. For those non-geeks out there, the IBM Thinkpad was long regarded as the best Windows laptop line.

Lenovo, originally known as Legend, had its origins in the Chinese Academy of Science. This acquisition vaults it to no.3 in the world in PCs (after Dell and HP) with a 9% world market share. Integration of the IBM unit should prove quite challenging. However, it does provide Lenovo with key ingredients that even leading Chinese companies have thus far lacked: a recognized brand, sophisticated product design and worldwide distribution.
                            1675/16610/116234/78240
                            Hublot BB ASF
                            PAM 104J
                            Sinn 903 H2
                            Tutima Chrono Fx LE/RXW

Comment

in many ways, the chinese are good at both ends of the equation..... pretty capable at making excellent stuff, both genuine and fake hehe
                              the hype is true. listen at your own risk.
                              visit my watch and audio blog oohlins.blogspot & learn how to use the rolex comfort link

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X