Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pre-owned 233 query

Hi,

Need some advise here. I have a chance to buy a Pam 233 I (complete set) at $14.5k. Is it worth it? Between pam 233I and pam 233J, is it better to get the latter?

What comes with the original package, (eg 2 straps, two screwdrivers, etc)?

thanks

rgds,
    hadrian
    -------------
    My collection:-
    a) Rolex Sub LV "Y" serial
    b) Rolex SS Daytona
    c) RXW Marina Militare MM20 47mm
    D) Marathon GSAR

I think it is a reasonable price for a pre-owned. You can try serching at paneristi. Sometimes there are quite good deals.

A brand new piece from AD list at $19,450. Dont think they give any discount. Even if there is, a 5 - 10 % is the maximum.

P.I is about 17k - 18k for a K series.

I and J series has not much of a difference. The only difference is the production year 2006 vs 2007. Just like Rolex Z and M

If I am not wrong, this model is the first that houses their own movement. With a 8 days power reserve, this is a masterpiece to own.

I attached this picture to show you a what a full packaging looks like and what does it comes with. Enjoy.
    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by hadrian View Post
      Hi,
      Need some advise here. I have a chance to buy a Pam 233 I (complete set) at $14.5k. Is it worth it? Between pam 233I and pam 233J, is it better to get the latter?
      What comes with the original package, (eg 2 straps, two screwdrivers, etc)?
      thanks
      rgds,
      hadrian
      If I am not wrong, I series is the 1st series? If so, get the I series.

Ender
      "Once is happenstance, twice is coincidence,
      three times is enemy action and
      over 600 is clearly the work of an ancient Sumerian demon or some sh*t
      ."

Comment

I have the I series, and I wish I could have bought it at 14.5k then!

Some people have complained about small teething problems with the I series, since it's the first batch, but I'm happy with mine. It's my favourite Pam!

Get it, either new or used!

Comment

That's a good price.

I got my 233i, used at 16K many months back and I already thought it was a good deal.

Comment

BNIB 233K is possible at 16k+

Cheers
            Dino

Comment

Thanks all for your replies. Appreciate that.

I am thinking of selling my daytona to fund this or just buy it. Anyway, I have over xmas to ponder about this.

Merry Christmas to all

rgds,
              -------------
              My collection:-
              a) Rolex Sub LV "Y" serial
              b) Rolex SS Daytona
              c) RXW Marina Militare MM20 47mm
              D) Marathon GSAR

Comment

$14.5k for a used one is a bit steep in my opinion. I'd say $13k out the door is what you should aim for, especially in this world economy!

Comment

Originally posted by watchClipper View Post
                  $14.5k for a used one is a bit steep in my opinion. I'd say $13k out the door is what you should aim for, especially in this world economy!
                  Yes you are right $14.5k very steep. It is selling $12.5k if you bargain hard enough. Panerai watches value drop alot these days.

Comment

Originally posted by george View Post
                    Yes you are right $14.5k very steep. It is selling $12.5k if you bargain hard enough. Panerai watches value drop alot these days.
                    haha really? Bro george, can do me a favor? can help me purchase a pam233 at 12.5k? i give u some kopi money for your help can?

Comment

Originally posted by kenkelvin View Post
                      haha really? Bro george, can do me a favor? can help me purchase a pam233 at 12.5k? i give u some kopi money for your help can?
                      eh george, you damn jialat leh, till now still nvr share with me your lobang for CHEEP CHEEP 249s, 190s and 232s and now you share lobang for S$12.5k 233...pls pm me pls.. thanks...
                      "Once is happenstance, twice is coincidence,
                      three times is enemy action and
                      over 600 is clearly the work of an ancient Sumerian demon or some sh*t
                      ."

Comment

Haha in that case can ask our dear george to start a MO for Panerai liao, Got so many " good lobang" for Panerai, i sure support him , provided his price is as CHEAP as what he claims .
                        Focal JM_Labs .
                        "The Sprits Of Sounds".

Rolex WG Daytona D series Silver dial 116509
                        Rolex RG DD II with pink diamond dial V Series 218235
                        Rolex YG President DD with Diamond and Ruby 18038
                        Rolex Explorer I Black D series 114270
                        Rolex DJ TT Grey Dial 16233
                        Rolex Precision 6694 Black Dial
                        Rolex Precision 6694 Silver Dial
                        Rolex Oyster Perpetual Z series black dial 176200
                        Panerai 233K 8 days power reserve
                        Cartier Santos 100XL
                        Hublot Big Bang Edition 44mm

Comment

Reasonable Price for 233i at $14.5k

Hi,

In my humble opinion, I think $14.5k for a LNIB pre-owned PAM 233i is a good and reasonable price, yes, even in the current state of the world economy.

During the good times, the going price for a pre-owned 233i would have transacted for about $16k+
                          A brand new PAM 233J model today is going for HKD 98,000 in Hong Kong, the land of very reactive changes in pricing for Panerai's. That's equivalent to SGD $18,500 approx. And this is after the price drop during the very recent credit crunch.

With this in mind, a used and 1st series 233i at $14,500 may seem to be a good buy. With abit of luck and bargaining power, you could get it at $14k flat.

Just my 2 cents worth of thoughts and comments on this matter.

Merry Xmas and Happy New Year 2009 to all !

Comment

In essence, George do not value 233 very much. I think he is man enough to ruffle the feathers here.
                            I own a Rolex !

Comment

Originally posted by Paneraii View Post
                              In essence, George do not value 233 very much. I think he is man enough to ruffle the feathers here.
                              Such a price only comes from The One and Only.... George of the Jungle!!!!

I only have one response to your feeble attempts to cook down the market...

"Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana."
                              --Groucho Marx--

*For faster response, pls direct all questions to my email: destro22bt@gmail.com thanks!

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X