No announcement yet.

anyone swim or cycle for fitness?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I run and cycle, staying in Bukit Panjang.

Comment

bumping old thread.... but i have been going swimming recently; any ideas how many laps i should be aiming for? currently im swimming about 700m mixed strokes (400m non stop)
      [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
      [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
      Blue 6694
      Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
      [U]"My collection"[/U]:
      [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

Originally posted by seiko.citizen View Post
        bumping old thread.... but i have been going swimming recently; any ideas how many laps i should be aiming for? currently im swimming about 700m mixed strokes (400m non stop)
        How much to swim depends on your purpose of doing it. I do it to stay trim but only swim 20 laps 3 times a week, all using front crawl. Its so far working well... If you have to strain more than a little, you're working out. However, if you're using a public pool in Singapore after working hours, its gonna be difficult keeping a clean lane to do continuous laps.

And after the workout, watch what you eat.

Comment

Originally posted by tempest View Post
          How much to swim depends on your purpose of doing it. I do it to stay trim but only swim 20 laps 3 times a week, all using front crawl. Its so far working well... If you have to strain more than a little, you're working out. However, if you're using a public pool in Singapore after working hours, its gonna be difficult keeping a clean lane to do continuous laps.

And after the workout, watch what you eat.
          to keep fit and get back to a more toned shape. becoming too round for my liking

as you can see, im not in sg; and i usually swim early morning (0530hr - 0630hr) but then again; i also kena the early birds crowd who are heading off to work later.

as for eating.... usually after excersise, i just whack everything in the pantry the whole day until my parents tell me off for demolishing the pantry
          [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
          [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
          Blue 6694
          Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
          [U]"My collection"[/U]:
          [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

i like cycling and swimming too
            my hobbies...
            Rolex Submariner 14060
            Breitling Super Avenger A13370
            Oris Aquis Staghorn Restoration

Comment

Originally posted by bwbw View Post
              i like cycling and swimming too
              my hobbies...
              me too

Comment

Keep up the good work-out...

Runner & Lap swimmer here as I set myself at least 1km (Non-stop 4times per week) MUST be completed within 24mins and manage to complete with 23mins something...

and also set myself to run every Tue & Fri with 5km MUST be completed with 30mins and manage to stay within the timing of 26mins something...

Comment

I run and swim too. I actually find swimming very therapeutic. I try to cover 40laps each swimming session

Comment

Though i don't really enjoy running, I try to run about 3-4 times a week, about 3-8km depending on my schedule. I much rather prefer biking. Mountain biking to be precise. I'm usually at Bt Timah twice a week

Comment

Swimming is better as it is easier on your body.

Comment

I enjoy swimming on weekends and cycling on weeday evenings =)

Comment

been swimming at Bukit Batok Swimming Pool on Saturday morning from 6:30am... join in if you like

Comment

I swim like 3-4 times a week. Distance around 2-3km every time or more if able to endure. Swimming is a good activity because it works your whole body out and mainly on your core muscles. It is also very good for people who are overweight or people with weak joints because when you swim it's not like running with full impact on the joints. The water acts as a medium of comforting the joints but at the same time working out your muscles as a form of resistance that is higher as compared to on land. But if you want to look muscular then I would not suggest to swim but instead hit the gym for a good session for 1-2hrs.

Comment

I have been swimming for many years. I must say I did not lose much weight. I feel very hungry after swimming. You must really control your diet. I pick up cycling few month back, so far manage to shield off 5 kg. I cycle 3 times a week. 30 km per session. You feel the wind , you don't feel the fat burning. That's a good feel about cycling. Even swimming for few laps, you can feel your body heat. But for cycling, your body still burns fat even you stop for few hour. Cycling for me,definitely.

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew Tay
                                i cycle.....

normally, start from where i stay around siglap using the PCN aka park connector network (dun know right or not) to east coast...then cycle all the way to changi village....eat nasi lemak there and then cycle back. normally can cover 40km.

sometimes will take ferry to ubin and try the mountain bike trail there.....quite fun too.
                                I am staying near you, did the similar route once.. reached home about 4+ dead tired.

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X