Barefoot Running

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Barefoot Running

Hi, anybody here interested in picking up this sport??? I'm living at the north and finding training buddies. Don't necessary have to do barefoot can use those minimized shoes such as vibram five fingers or newton running shoes.

Is this considered a sport? What are the benefits of running barefooted?
    Watches are like potato chips - You never stop at one

Never political, seldom diplomatic, always honest

Comment

ok erm lets say we wear normal shoes and run...do u notice we tend to land our foot heel first as the shoe is made with lots of cushion? so mainyl u try running barefooted u notice we actually land front or mid first....think about it this way....caveman last time dont even use any shoes...our body was made to do stuff already....

Comment

Try to land on the front part of your foot instead of your heel. If possible - try landing on the ball area nearest to your big toe. This way - your knees are safe from harm and impact.
        I own a Rolex !

Comment

yep just got my first minimalist shoes. its a merell and vibram collaboration. also ordered a terra plana vivobarefoot evo 2.

Comment

my friend swears by the finger shoes. they cost quite a fair bit too if im not mistaken.
            [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
            [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
            Blue 6694
            Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
            [U]"My collection"[/U]:
            [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

vibram five fingers are the ones...they are really good but i do not like things in between my toes feels very din teh...lolz so i went for the merrell which uses the base and sole made from the famous vibram five fingers....

Comment

Originally posted by noobzpro View Post
                ok erm lets say we wear normal shoes and run...do u notice we tend to land our foot heel first as the shoe is made with lots of cushion? so mainyl u try running barefooted u notice we actually land front or mid first....think about it this way....caveman last time dont even use any shoes...our body was made to do stuff already....
                as for the above, i think it is partially true or true for some.
                i saw people running barefooted but they still landed on their heels..
                can anyone confirm this?

Comment

if land on the heel, wont it be painful as hell?
                  [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
                  [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
                  Blue 6694
                  Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
                  [U]"My collection"[/U]:
                  [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

Barefoot running is good. I have been doing it for a long time now. Wearing the 5 fingers. Now my new balance is collecting dust. This is really injury free running.
                    Enicar Sherpa 147 R.I.P.
                    Omega Constellation 168.045 - 368.845
                    Omega Constellation 168.059 - 368.0852
                    Omega Speedmaster Automatic (“Reduced”) 3510.50.00
                    Omega Planet Ocean Big Size 2208.50.00
                    Omega Railmaster XXL 2806.52.37
                    Tag Heuer WN2111

Comment

Originally posted by m33pok View Post
                      as for the above, i think it is partially true or true for some.
                      i saw people running barefooted but they still landed on their heels..
                      can anyone confirm this?
                      I think the Achilles tendon will gone case sooner than expected. Also, Meniscus in the knee will be gone too. Dont try. People who run barefoot with heel strike who get away with it are most likely been doing it since childhood and their body is acustomed to that. Unlike us who is given good shoes by our parents since baby. Actually barefoot walking is good for our heath
                      I own a Rolex !

Comment

Barefoot running cannot be done using heel strike. The body will naturally use mid-foot. This is why when baby or toddler runs, they are using mid foot. However, once they wear shoes, you can observe they are like tip-toeing. This is the reason. They know how to run naturally. Once we give them hard shoes to run, they don't know how to run.
                        Enicar Sherpa 147 R.I.P.
                        Tag Heuer WN2111

Comment

I transitioned directly to 1.0 and I am feeling the pain ow....juz went for my first run in merrell vibram barefoot glove....during the run somehow though my stamina sucks...my body just kept going and was landing on mid and front...the moment I paced down the brick wall came in and it came hard on me....foot all blister calves and thigh pain but feeling very good about it. I think I might go get the Nike after all to train with first...

Comment

hi boobzpro, I will encourage you to continue. I went through the same thing as you. For almost 2 weeks, my calf muscles were strained because heel strike doesn't require calf muscles. And to use mid-foot, you need certain speed, whereby the pace will naturally go into mid-foot strike.

It is something that the body is re-learning. It was lost, and now is back. Endure and everything will be fine. Mid-foot run is better and it maintains the stamina pretty well. When I first started, I wasn't able to run 2.4km at all. Now I can run 20km with bare-foot already.
                            Enicar Sherpa 147 R.I.P.
                            Tag Heuer WN2111

Comment

would you land in mid-foot for walking and running barefooted?

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X