Nav Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse

Nav Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Alert! Your watch sale threads might also be on another forum w/o your authorization!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alert! Your watch sale threads might also be on another forum w/o your authorization!

Dear bros and sisters of the community,
    Do you sometimes experience this?
    You've sold off your watch and indicate that it has been sold on the sales thread but persistent buyers still text you to enquire if the watch is still available.

In recent weeks, I have received plenty of interested enquiries AFTER my watches have been sold and although I appreciate enquiries as a seller, it can get quite frustrating if it seems that the general watch buying populace can't read and understand simple words that the watch has been sold.

Of course, what's also more frustrating is I don't get queries on the pieces that have not been sold but that's a different thing altogether : )

Anyways, back to the issue at hand; I almost got into a spat today with one of these potential buyers asking about a watch I sold and I told him that my watch has been sold, please read thread updates so that we don't waste each other's time.

He retorted that there was no indication that my watches has been sold (that I make it a point to do one a watch has been sold)!!!

Curiously, I probed and asked him where he saw my sale threads and his reply was...
    ..."SGWATCHMALL", a forum that I HAVE NEVER HEARD OF BEFORE AND HAVE NEVER POSTED A SINGLE WATCH FOR SALE BEFORE!

Incensed, I searched and found this 'sgwatchmall' website and indeed, a number of my recent watches posted for sale on this forum have also been placed on sale there, COMPLETE WITH MY CONTACT DETAILS!!! I didn't place my watches for sale on this forum and I certainly couldn't have done this in my sleep...

Anyway, on this fourm, there are no updates to the sales threads there when a watch has been sold, so eager buyers approach sellers who's watches have already been sold yonks ago and the misunderstandings begin between two parties, hurling accusations at each other.

Before I seek clarification and seek an explanation from sgwatchmall, I would like to ask if any other sellers have experienced similar happenings in recent times...continued enquiries on your sold watch despite updating the community that it has been sold?

If yes, a quick search for sgwatchmall might explain why and maybe, an explanation could also be due from them as to why sales threads placed in this forum might also be found on their forum...

I mean, I appreciate any help in selling watches but it doesn't really help much when it is done without the sellers permission and it causes misunderstandings between potential buyers and sellers or lead to other complications, agree?

Peace out and cheers! And do check out my sale threads before their sold, not after! ; )
    Sweet 16:
    PP Aquanaut
    VC Overseas
    AP ROO Black Themes
    A.Lange & Sohne 1815
    Breguet Type XXI
    Blancpain 50 Fathoms
    JLC Navy Seals
    GO Senator 60s
    GP Laureato
    Zenith Pilot Extra Special
    Rolex DSSD
    IWC Big Pilot
    Pam 112
    Omega Ploprof
    Breitling Super Avenger
    Glycine F104

Thanks for the heads up. Guess that explains why I've been getting msgs for items I've sold months back!

Comment

Yes they are cloning my SG-roc posting on that forum. Not new actually but very unproductive to both buyer and sellers. Sold watch still listed.

Comment

Do they have a right to use our posting on their site without our permission? I can only think they want to drive eyeballs up via such practices.

Comment

Originally posted by lefty View Post
          Do they have a right to use our posting on their site without our permission? I can only think they want to drive eyeballs up via such practices.
          I strongly doubt that they have a right to do so, the aggravation notwithstanding, I'm also concerned about any potential forms of abuse. They can drive eyeballs up whatever way they want to, but do so responsibly...
          Sweet 16:
          PP Aquanaut
          VC Overseas
          AP ROO Black Themes
          A.Lange & Sohne 1815
          Breguet Type XXI
          Blancpain 50 Fathoms
          JLC Navy Seals
          GO Senator 60s
          GP Laureato
          Rolex DSSD
          IWC Big Pilot
          Pam 112
          Omega Ploprof
          Breitling Super Avenger
          Glycine F104

Comment

Originally posted by Hiroki
            Happened to me but that's sale all about. No easy way ya !!
            Bro Hiroki,
            You're really magnanimous but for a number of us, persistent enquiries about watches sold off already and taking the time to reply and explain it has been sold over and over again, it can really get quite vexing...I think we should lodge a formal complain to sgwatchforum and if it doesn't help, some form of governing authority...
            Sweet 16:
            PP Aquanaut
            VC Overseas
            AP ROO Black Themes
            A.Lange & Sohne 1815
            Breguet Type XXI
            Blancpain 50 Fathoms
            JLC Navy Seals
            GO Senator 60s
            GP Laureato
            Rolex DSSD
            IWC Big Pilot
            Pam 112
            Omega Ploprof
            Breitling Super Avenger
            Glycine F104

Comment

Happened to me as well. When I asked the buyer to do a feedback for me, he ask me how n where... N after several questions, I realized that he knew about my watch sale thru "SGWATCHMALL", n not from SG-ROC... Weird....

Comment

Encountered this a couple of times. PUI.

Also kena a few spam mails from them. Double PUI.
                "Oh enjoying the thrill of the chase is fine. Craving the distraction of the game, I sympathize entirely. But sentiment, sentiment is a chemical defect found in the losing side."

Comment

When I did a google search for sgwatchmall I saw these in their description "sg roc". Is there a connection?

Singapore Watch Mall | A Member of TheSGMall.com

www.sgwatchmall.com/

Singapore Watch Forum Classified,Rolex Singapore,
                  sg roc,Singapore Rolex, Honest,Reliable,Panerai,Audemars Piguet Watch. The one stop location to buy, ...

Comment

there is no connection. will contact you regards to how you got to the information.

Originally posted by TanWL View Post
                    When I did a google search for sgwatchmall I saw these in their description "sg roc". Is there a connection?

Singapore Watch Mall | A Member of TheSGMall.com

www.sgwatchmall.com/

Singapore Watch Forum Classified,Rolex Singapore,
                    sg roc,Singapore Rolex, Honest,Reliable,Panerai,Audemars Piguet Watch. The one stop location to buy, ...
                    if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
                    1. subject heading indicating your issue
                    2. your nick
                    3. your corresponding email address
                    4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

Originally posted by deslene View Post
                      Happened to me as well. When I asked the buyer to do a feedback for me, he ask me how n where... N after several questions, I realized that he knew about my watch sale thru "SGWATCHMALL", n not from SG-ROC... Weird....
                      Wow, looks like this has been happening for a while. I've sent them an email seeking an explanation, clarification and apology.
                      I've had enough with earnest folks asking if my sold watch is still available, just received a few more persistent enquiries.
                      I know I can choose not to reply but its not fair to those buyers seeking a watch as well...

The next time I sell a piece, I'll link this 'complain' as too, see if the clones who clone entire sales threads at sgwatchmall will clone the complain as well, haha!

Oh, triple PUI!!!
                      Sweet 16:
                      PP Aquanaut
                      VC Overseas
                      AP ROO Black Themes
                      A.Lange & Sohne 1815
                      Breguet Type XXI
                      Blancpain 50 Fathoms
                      JLC Navy Seals
                      GO Senator 60s
                      GP Laureato
                      Rolex DSSD
                      IWC Big Pilot
                      Pam 112
                      Omega Ploprof
                      Breitling Super Avenger
                      Glycine F104

Comment

Originally posted by triton View Post
                        there is no connection. will contact you regards to how you got to the information.

I trust there is no connection between them and sg roc, but the constant barrage of texts is really getting on my nerves, its like I need to smash something or someone real bad...yeah, uncharacteristic of me, but that's how it makes me feel.
                        Sweet 16:
                        PP Aquanaut
                        VC Overseas
                        AP ROO Black Themes
                        A.Lange & Sohne 1815
                        Breguet Type XXI
                        Blancpain 50 Fathoms
                        JLC Navy Seals
                        GO Senator 60s
                        GP Laureato
                        Rolex DSSD
                        IWC Big Pilot
                        Pam 112
                        Omega Ploprof
                        Breitling Super Avenger
                        Glycine F104

Comment

What's the ID of the person posting YOUR watch over at that site?

I'm popping over to take a look.

Comment

this has happened before to one of our administration staff. wait for the member to post personal views.

their modus operandi is to copy contents from SG-ROC site and paste it over @ their respective forums, so it may not be just your watch for sale but also other items as well.
                            if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

kindly email with
                            2. your nick

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

Comment

they have different garage forums and im not sure if they do it to other local watch forum

Originally posted by lefty View Post

kindly email with
                              2. your nick

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X