Nav Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse

Nav Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is the Kopi-Talk Forum serving a good purpose?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wolfeyes1974 View Post
    i doubt so...i still enjoy most of the threads here..it's one of the sections that draws me.
    James, I take the liberty of re-posting what you just said in another thread...

' I look forward to a friendlier forum where information/threads serves to help members understand more about watches and cultivate friendships. '

Not all opinions are worth re-mentioning but this one certainly is ;-)
    Watches are like potato chips - You never stop at one

Never political, seldom diplomatic, always honest

Comment

I don't think there's a problem with the Kopi Talk sub-forum itself... More to do with the sensibility of its posters...
      As one poster mentioned its a peculiarity of a Singapore-centric forums... HWZ has its EDMW, ClubSnap has its Kopitiam...

Of late there has been threads & postings of questionable sensibilities... These members seems to post for the sake of posting itself... I've shared my view thru PM with a fellow member: "Almost all forums seems to have a fairly new joiner who starts padding their postcounts with their 2cents, even if it is worth nothing most of the time..."

The mods and admins are already doing their part in trying to maintain the sensibility & maturity level of the forum itself... But I believe, as members we also have a part to play...

Comment

Originally posted by clokwerk oranje View Post
        I don't think there's a problem with the Kopi Talk sub-forum itself... More to do with the sensibility of its posters...
        As one poster mentioned its a peculiarity of a Singapore-centric forums... HWZ has its EDMW, ClubSnap has its Kopitiam...

Of late there has been threads & postings of questionable sensibilities... These members seems to post for the sake of posting itself... I've shared my view thru PM with a fellow member: "Almost all forums seems to have a fairly new joiner who starts padding their postcounts with their 2cents, even if it is worth nothing most of the time..."

The mods and admins are already doing their part in trying to maintain the sensibility & maturity level of the forum itself... But I believe, as members we also have a part to play...
        That's what I call an attention seeker. Humans are social creatures and need social interaction, feedback, and validation of their worth. An emotionally immature person, or a person who lacks cares and friends, would go hunting for those. Such person does not just anyhow post on forum for post counts, but seek others' acknowledgement of their opinions, and see becoming a senior member (as a result of accumulating post counts), as a way to validate their worth.

The opposite of attention seeking behaviour is the bystander effect, a phenomenon in which the greater the number of people present, the less likely people are to help a person in distress. This explains why few people show up to help members under unreasonable attack, or speak up against undesirable or unwelcome behaviour on the forum. This also explains why while many members say they love and appreciate this forum, very few bother to provide feedback or inputs when asked. While the bystander effect is very common in the world we live, I am very puzzled at the extent of such phenomenon on this forum, as supposedly everyone come together for a same cause.

A bit off-topic I know, to talk about human behaviour and social psychology. The point I want to bring across is - the members make what a forum is. Just like what clokwerk oranje said at the end of his post.

Comment

Originally posted by clokwerk oranje View Post

Just to add on...

Those "fairly new joiners" are not always new. Some could be clone or could even be some banned member coming back with another nick - trait is showing little respect and humbleness that a newcomer would normal has, acts lao jiao, and posts in harsh and provoking tone.

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
          Working...
          X