Thai Politics- What is your take?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thai Politics- What is your take?

I am sure many of us have heard about the political situation in Thailand, and we are very concerned with the news. Every move in the politics in Thailand would certainly have a large implication on us.

A conversation with a friend of mine brought me to this question: Why are the Thais so upset with the government, and how it could have been avoided?

My friend reckon that it was due to the fact that the lack of a fair playing field and transparency has led to such a situation, which I fully agree upon. But how, how can Miss Yingluck change the situation and regain the trust of people? Even having an election would not work out; it was deemed as an unfair and rigged one (by the oppositions, of course).

I am not sure how Miss Yingluck is able to turn this situation around, but she would certainly need a lot of work to build up the trust of the Thais right now, to prevent the situation from escalating further. Would the formation of a new government help? Would a coalition government be better? Would a coup solve the situation? Or would everyone be better off if the country is split? I am not sure; only time will tell. But it is definitely worrying as it will have strong implications to the economy, especially those in SEA.

What would you do if you are in Miss Yingluck's footstep? I hope to see some intelligent debate on this issue. It would certainly be very interesting to see other's perspective in politics
    "Oh enjoying the thrill of the chase is fine. Craving the distraction of the game, I sympathize entirely. But sentiment, sentiment is a chemical defect found in the losing side."

My take is....there's no perfection in politics in every country but it is what fits you best. Thailand still got plenty room to be grow though.

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
    Working...
    X