Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what kind of insurance the lost insurance or certified insurance

Comment

revisiting this thread since it's old and might be some updated experiences.

anyone have new info on watch insurance?

Originally posted by waikong86 View Post
      what kind of insurance the lost insurance or certified insurance

Comment

Originally posted by ohl View Post
        Hi bros and sis,

Came across people mentioning buying insurance for their watches in some overseas forum... I wonder if such a thing is practiced in singapore? How does it work and how much does it cost?

Thanks!
        I looked up insurance for my watch and it was quite expensive, there was a premium for every $1000 which made the total annual insurance premium of nearly $1000 which has deterred me from taking the policy. I guess it requires a lot of shopping around to get the best deal.

Comment

Originally posted by k1ranm1stry View Post
          I looked up insurance for my watch and it was quite expensive, there was a premium for every $1000 which made the total annual insurance premium of nearly $1000 which has deterred me from taking the policy. I guess it requires a lot of shopping around to get the best deal.
          where did you get a quote from?

Comment

Just be careful!

Maybe I'm just different from the folks around here (I only have 3 PAMs, and maybe my income isn't like the others). I know that there are stories of break-ins and all, but I feel that I cannot justify to myself paying 20% of the value of my watches yearly. I'd rather just use that money to pay for a new watch if I lose the ones that I have.

Since I don't wanna pay for insurance, I'll just make sure that my doors are locked and my watches are stored in a good location inside my place.

And I'll hope I don't have to eat my words as well!

Comment

Would be interesting to hear if there are any dedicated watch/jewellery insurance coverage

Comment

at this moment, only a handful of insurers provide coverage for such items.

ie. Chubb/AIG/AXA

if u have an existing home insurance policy for a few years (or have a reasonable portfolio with them), you can seek your insurer's approval for special underwriting for these products.

eg. Sompo offers worldwide coverage at an additional premium.

do consider the excess/co-insurance (commonly applied for such items), the per article limit.

you need receipts/valuation reports to justify the value.

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                Working...
                X