Nav Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse

Nav Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would you buy watch brands whose company went burst?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yes. e.g Gerald genta. they are nice watches

Comment

Well, almost all watches from Daniel Roth and the late Gerald Genta are all worth keeping. Too bad my pocket not deep enough to collect any of them especially the DR joker playing dice watch...
      BTW, dun think( though I may be wrong) DR & GG watch companies went burst but rather swallowed by Bulgari ( like UN being swallowed by kering, hopefully the UN freak legend lives on in the new owner hands)
      Last edited by Iceheller; 11-03-15, 09:41 AM.
      sigpic

Comment

I had GG and DR before, and while they are wonderful watches, the servicing cost for DR is a bomb (especially with complications). Bvlgari would require itto be sent back to switzerland for servicing. I'm not sure if the GG house a simple ETA movement and thus cheaper servicing.

I do miss both watches though. Would love to have them again if at the right price.

Comment

No, unless it has spare parts
          past collection
          Omega 3510.61,3520.50,3510.53,3510.50,3511.50,3513.50,35 21.30
          Rolex 1500,1601,1675,1680,5513,6426,6694,14060M,16234, 16523,16013,16570,16600,16613,16713,16800,16520,11 6523,116660,16610,16610lv

Comment

No. A luxury watch is partly about status. I don't wish to be associated with closure and bankruptcy.

Comment

Let's consolidate a list of these watches brand and see if any Of the big company will revive any of this company.

1) Alain Silberstein
              2) Daniel Roth
              3) Gerald Genta
              4) Nubeo
              5) Wyler
              Him:
              116520 V series/ 16750 M series /Franck Muller GPC (Red Ergal)/ Nubeo Black Jellyfish (Orange)/ Chopard Mille Miglia 2005 LTD ED/ Tudor Hydronaut II/ Tag Heuer Kirium/ Tag Heuer Formula 1/ Longines 36184566/ Tissot PRS 200 (Michael Owen LTD ED)/ Louis Erard Asymmetric/ Orient

Her:
              AP Ladies Royal Oak 2140/ 178240 Z series/ Chopard Happy Black Valentine LTD ED/ Chopard Be Mad LTD ED/ Omega Speedmaster/ Bvlgari Carbon Gold (Moscow) LTD ED/ Tag Heuer Link/ Locman Tenderheart/ B & M

Comment

just buy only if i really love the brand.

Comment

noi

nope. will not buy

Comment

I won't buy if it mechanical, all watch need service and spare parts will be hard to come by.

Comment

No. might not have RESALE Value

Comment

Why not. You are owning a piece of history that way

Comment

bought 2 Pandora watches which is discontinued .. as pand dont sell watches no more.. does that count?

Comment

Why not.... as long as it has a movement that can be serviced by the local watch smiths .... who knows if it might become a collectible in the future.....

Comment

Was considering a Wlyer, very attractive watch but with parts & straps..etc hard to come by will give it a miss.

Unless U wear it ultra careful and lightly, which takes the fun out of wearing such a well "cushion" watch

Comment

Technically, many brands have gone bust and then was resurracted again due to the quartz revolution which saw great names get bought up one by one and rebranded.

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X