Car Enthusiast thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by seiko.citizen View Post
    for those who smoke in their cars, it can devalue by up to 10-15% since it cost a bomb to remove ciggie smoke when time to sell.
    wah really ah? that's something new...

well unless the next owner is also a smoker...

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

• Originally posted by pet View Post
      rav4 nice leh

actually already got a mpv, was looking for a vehicle where i can go fishing with and of cos individual use... can smoke
      Wah Mr Pet how many cars u got?? Get a Porsche Cayenne?? Nice n good..haha
      "夫君子之行:静以修身,俭以养德;非淡泊无以明志,非宁静无以致远。" - 诸葛亮

One should seek serenity to cultivate the body, thriftiness to cultivate the morals. Seeking fame and wealth will not lead to noble ideal. Only by seeking serenity will one reach far. - Zhugeliang

Comment

• Originally posted by Darkangel View Post
        wah really ah? that's something new...

well unless the next owner is also a smoker...
        if the preowned owner is a smoker the value up by 5% since smell already there

In japan, lots of japs smoke in their cars, and in the import yards you can smell it.

However you can try steaming the car to get rid of the smell, but the odour will be there.

that is why if i buy jap import car, i must go there and see myself, otherwise wait import and kenna can smell ciggie odour

I once picked up a professional commercial vacuum, and it stink of ciggie smoke, I had to steam it many times, and under pressure, but to no avail
        [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
        [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
        Blue 6694
        Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
        [U]"My collection"[/U]:
        [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

• Originally posted by Nooch View Post
          porsche cayenne looks cool, but cost a bomb. both initial price and upkeep. i ever sit in one before, quite nice,and very sporty (i had worked as a valet parking before, too bad i cannot go and race in it )
          Blue 6694
          [U]"My collection"[/U]:

Comment

• Originally posted by seiko.citizen View Post
            porsche cayenne looks cool, but cost a bomb. both initial price and upkeep. i ever sit in one before, quite nice,and very sporty (i had worked as a valet parking before, too bad i cannot go and race in it )
            It's cheaper in the states...my fren bought it for half the price of wad it costs here in s;pore

and he's the same age as me

Comment

• oz also expensive about A$200k for the fully kitted version , but hor, drive high power car no use now . Everywhere cannot drive fast, only autobahn then can drive max limit recently in my state too many people dying on the road, so the TP sure on!

on the other hand, I find porsche very hard to modify (whether it is engine or interior)
              Last edited by seiko.citizen; 06-07-08, 12:06 AM.
              Blue 6694
              [U]"My collection"[/U]:

Comment

• Originally posted by Nooch View Post
                yuck, i dont like Cayenne... will rather pick land rover, range rover...

Originally posted by seiko.citizen View Post
                for those who smoke in their cars, it can devalue by up to 10-15% since it cost a bomb to remove ciggie smoke when time to sell.
                dunno leh, i think sg ok lah... spray some wife perfume can leow... hahhaa

Comment

• bro... i think u meant Toyota fortuner rite? Tat car drinks too.... Forester is a subaru station wagon kinda car... Nt 7-seater...
                  I think abt <90k, i wld recommend wish, stream and mazda 5. This is purely personal hor... No offence to other car model owners who differs with me... I hink ody and presage is higher than 90k?? Anyone can cfm?? No go car shopping so duno brand new car prices...
                  Originally posted by cmsoh View Post
                  At that price range would be Honda Odyssey, but a bit outdated. Nissan Presage, quite well kitted out. Mazda 5, haven't seen much of it yet. Mit Grandis, I used to drive this. Very nice, but FC a bit high. Hyundai Santa Fe, but high engine CC, so will consume more. Toyota Forester, very nice, but also high FC due to big engine CC.

Desired horologes ...

- IWC Portuguese Automatic
                  - GMT II
                  - GMT IIc TT
                  - Reverso Squadra Hometime (7008620)/ Reverso Squadra
                  - Master Eight Days (1608420)
                  - U1
                  - IWC Aquatimer

An exquisite timepiece, brings timeless memories and precious moments...

Comment

• I have been driving SUV for years. Now I am leaning towards sedan car. If i would buy a new car, I would pick sedan for driving comfort. New Honda Accord looks quite nice. If I have more money, I would pick Audi A4 or A6
                    [SIZE="2"][U][B]Movement collection:[/B][/U]
                    [U]German:[/U] Junghans 687, Durowe 7420
                    [U]Russian:[/U] Poljot 3133, Poljot 2612, Vostok
                    [U]Chinese:[/U] Seagull
                    [U]Japanese:[/U] Seiko(s)
                    [U]Swiss:[/U] ETA(s)+Valjoux+Unitas(s), Zenith(s), JLC, Rolex, Lemania(s), IWC[/SIZE]

Comment

• Originally posted by pet View Post
                      yuck, i dont like Cayenne... will rather pick land rover, range rover...

dunno leh, i think sg ok lah... spray some wife perfume can leow... hahhaa
                      buying range rover,land rover, jaguar = india tata. now you tell me if it is worth the cost?

Originally posted by Hary View Post
                      I have been driving SUV for years. Now I am leaning towards sedan car. If i would buy a new car, I would pick sedan for driving comfort. New Honda Accord looks quite nice. If I have more money, I would pick Audi A4 or A6
                      the new honda accord and legend price not that much difference (~A$15-20k), might as well get legend. better resale, bigger engine,more refined. accord too popular, but also see what you want.
                      Blue 6694
                      [U]"My collection"[/U]:

Comment

• Originally posted by Hary View Post
                        I have been driving SUV for years. Now I am leaning towards sedan car. If i would buy a new car, I would pick sedan for driving comfort. New Honda Accord looks quite nice. If I have more money, I would pick Audi A4 or A6
                        I was just at Kah Motor's yesterday, the outside of the Accord looks nice, but the interior was very dissappointing for me. Nothing looked significantly outstanding as an executive car. And the boot was quite small for a car that size.

Some of the other cars I checked out yesterday:

MB R280 - damm solid 7-seater, but way out of price range, almost the best MPV money can buy at this moment.

VW Jetta TSI - I think this one quite attractive, especially for a 1.4 TSI with DSG.

Audi damm over-priced. At that price range, I think MB better value. But personally, for me its Volvo or Saab. Price of Audi A4 can get a much better Volvo S80.

Comment

• although i really love the a4 and a6, i totally agree its over priced nw. S60 even is a gd car to drive. Comfort and nice interior... Great feel too...

Desired horologes ...

- IWC Portuguese Automatic
                          - GMT II
                          - GMT IIc TT
                          - Reverso Squadra Hometime (7008620)/ Reverso Squadra
                          - Master Eight Days (1608420)
                          - U1
                          - IWC Aquatimer

An exquisite timepiece, brings timeless memories and precious moments...

Comment

• Originally posted by cmsoh View Post
                            I was just at Kah Motor's yesterday, the outside of the Accord looks nice, but the interior was very dissappointing for me. Nothing looked significantly outstanding as an executive car. And the boot was quite small for a car that size.

Some of the other cars I checked out yesterday:

MB R280 - damm solid 7-seater, but way out of price range, almost the best MPV money can buy at this moment.

VW Jetta TSI - I think this one quite attractive, especially for a 1.4 TSI with DSG.

Audi damm over-priced. At that price range, I think MB better value. But personally, for me its Volvo or Saab. Price of Audi A4 can get a much better Volvo S80.
                            somehow i prefer the older accord euro look. more sharp. the new one looks more refined.
                            MB R280 overpriced...... what do you have to say about the AMG version?

i find volvo very hard to sell. not a lot of buyer, also their quality abit lousy. i have been driving s80 2.5t and not a very fun car to drive. but damn powerful

Originally posted by jazz_samz View Post
                            although i really love the a4 and a6, i totally agree its over priced nw. S60 even is a gd car to drive. Comfort and nice interior... Great feel too...
                            from my experience, i prefer A6 over the S80. the A6 is more involving and subtle. whereas the S80 is a heavy car and less fun since you have to throw around more weight
                            Blue 6694
                            [U]"My collection"[/U]:

Comment

• How you guys find the C180?

I heard there's going to be a C160 coming out...now that's damn gd la!

Well I think the new C class has been pretty sporty except that now they dun have the 3point star sticking out already it's built in....that was a big mistake man...it's lost it's class

Comment

• C63 AMG better more sporty, but i find the c180 a bit feature lacking. for that price can get lexus with more features.
                                Blue 6694
                                [U]"My collection"[/U]:

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X