• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• triton
    replied
    boycott AD that sell rolex above RRP? haha

Originally posted by Oceanklassik View Post
    Precisely! So how is the bloody letter from ROLEX going to help in any way?!

Leave a comment:

• Oceanklassik
    replied
    Precisely! So how is the bloody letter from ROLEX going to help in any way?!

Leave a comment:

• triton
    replied
    It is therefore important that all potential buyers be made aware.

However, there will be people who will want to jump queue and hence offer a higher price. in this case, like the situation you mentioned, no AD will reject that extra premium.

The other issue is simply this - there are many wealthy people who are willing to pay such high premiums for watches that also play a major role in the price manipulation. Sometime back, an AD shared that a man walked into the shop to ask for the new (ceramic) Daytona. During then, the new Daytonas were just starting to come in to our shores. And guess what, despite its exorbitant premium price at that time ($26K per piece), the man bought two pieces at one go. I recalled he was buying as wedding gifts for his son and daughter-in-law

So if people are willing to buy high, why should the ADs sell low

Leave a comment:

• Oceanklassik
    replied
    The other issue is simply this - there are many wealthy people who are willing to pay such high premiums for watches that also play a major role in the price manipulation. Sometime back, an AD shared that a man walked into the shop to ask for the new (ceramic) Daytona. During then, the new Daytonas were just starting to come in to our shores. And guess what, despite its exorbitant premium price at that time ($26K per piece), the man bought two pieces at one go. I recalled he was buying as wedding gifts for his son and daughter-in-law

So if people are willing to buy high, why should the ADs sell low

Leave a comment:

• Oceanklassik
    replied
    Originally posted by triton View Post
    finally, rolex has inform retailers especially in singapore to charge premium for hot models via official letter.

"The Business Times understands that Rolex recently sent a letter to its authorised retailers in Singapore, instructing them to stick to the recommended prices from March 1, instead of inflating them, especially for the in-demand models."

does this mean retailers will start to allocate these pieces to their preferred customers?

read the article here
    Friend, to charge or not to charge

I laughed hopelessly after reading the article. The crux of this is "Controlled Production" of ROLEX watches. ROLEX is slapping their own face by issuing a letter like this to their ADs. Instead of doing something like this that is unlikely to work, they should increase production for the more popular models, right?

The cause of this price manipulation starts from ROLEX, where the production of certain models is either slow or controlled. Many different ADs I met have lamented the same, for every batches of ROLEX watches they ordered from ROLEX, despite ordering more "hot" models like the Daytona and others, most shipments came with very few or sometimes none at all. Sometimes, I really wonder if the ADs were bluffing me (means they have the models but pretend not to so as to drive the price up), or it is really true that ROLEX is controlling it.

And for the benefit of those who haven't bought any watch at a premium price (i.e. higher than the retail price) from the ADs, they will make you sign a document during your purchase that you are the "willing" party to want to pay the premium price. It's more like something to safeguard the ADs, that they are not blatantly charging you.

Imagine this - you have a queue of 50 customers for a Daytona and lying in your shop are only three pathetic pieces which came in after waiting for 6 months from the factory in Switzerland. So who will you sell the three Daytonas to? Will you righteously sell each piece at its retail price ($16,600) to the customers in the queue order? And if some customers are willing to pay $2,000-$3,000 more for it, you say no to them?

Jokers!

Leave a comment:

• triton
    replied
    rolex to retailers - stop charging premium for hot models via official letter

finally, rolex has inform retailers especially in singapore to charge premium for hot models via official letter.

"The Business Times understands that Rolex recently sent a letter to its authorised retailers in Singapore, instructing them to stick to the recommended prices from March 1, instead of inflating them, especially for the in-demand models."

does this mean retailers will start to allocate these pieces to their preferred customers?

read the article here

Leave a comment:

• triton
    replied
    rolex watch appreciate value by ~1450 times its original value.

read the article here

Leave a comment:

• triton
    replied
    sorry my mistake. links amended

Morning Mr Triton

I think both links pointed to the same topic

Leave a comment:

• Oceanklassik
    replied
    Morning Mr Triton

I think both links pointed to the same topic

Leave a comment:

• triton
    replied
    read the article - 5 facts every watch lover should know about rolex here

Leave a comment:

• triton
    replied
    read the article - watches worn by some of the powerful men in finance industry here

Leave a comment:

• wklye001
    replied
    Yup...waiting to get the 2016 model

Leave a comment:

• forcabruta
    replied
    Good read. Thank you. Indeed a Daytona is a must!

Leave a comment:

• triton
    replied
    click here to find out the history of rolex models' nicknames

Leave a comment:

• triton
    replied
    click here to find out which country raise the Rolex price up by 10%

Leave a comment:

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile