[News] Another major lose by Temasek - $1.2billion Barclays stake

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [News] Another major lose by Temasek - $1.2billion Barclays stake

No wonder CPF min sum keep upping.... everything also keep upping... where r they gonna find the $ to 'mend' these gigantic 'holes'....

Temasek loses at least 500m pounds from Barclays stake sale

SINGAPORE : Temasek Holdings is estimated to have sold its stake in British bank Barclays at a loss of between 500 and 600 million pounds, according to sources that Channel NewsAsia checked with.

According to a Reuters report, Temasek sold its stake in Barclays in December and January, incurring a loss of more than 800 million pounds.

Both Temasek and Barclays declined to comment, and financial details of the sale are not known.

Temasek spent over 1 billion pounds on Barclays shares in the last two years.

It first bought into Barclays in July 2007 for 720 pence a share for a stake worth 975 million pounds.

Last July, Temasek pledged to spend up to 200 million pounds to buy more shares at 282 pence each as part of bigger fundraising, but never said how many shares it bought.

According to Reuters, Temasek would have spent about 90 million pounds to maintain its holding at around 2 per cent, giving it 167 million shares.

Only investors with more than 3 per cent need to disclose changes in their holdings.

Source: http://www.straitstimes.com/Breaking...ry_385671.html
    A bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at the office.

Just me and my NT...

faints...........................

wonder whats gg to happen next
    I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch.........

Comment

unlucky.... no luck....

Comment

wonder what are the PHDs doing in there?

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
        Working...
        X