• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AP advice needed...

Hi all,

I;m pretty new to watches,

inshort, i'm interested in getting a AP offshore,

basically, which 2nd hand models (ROO) will probably maintain its re-sale price?

Does anyone knows about Passions Watch? Are their prices good?
    Was looking at http://www.passions.com.sg/v2/watch/...-volcano-steel

$24k a good buy ? (b4 neg)

Lastly, any good tips/advices to buying my first AP?

Thanks to all..

personally, i find passion and PK are 2 of the most expensive 2nd hand shops in Singapore. (Maybe thats cos i never buy from them b4 bah).

Anyway, AP hardly retain their values. once bought, price can drop by 30-40% on a 2nd hand one (buying off grey dealers). Reason could be cos not many people can afford within our targeted mkt and hence, demand not there).

BUT having said that, if you know of those uber rich people and have a mkt for that area, then probably you can retain at least 70-80% of the price. But then again, if i am uber rich, I might just go get a new piece unless its limited ed.

just my 2 cents . no offence to AP intended. I also dream of owning an AP ROO. (Volcano looks nice )
    I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch.........

Comment

Originally posted by exxondus View Post
      personally, i find passion and PK are 2 of the most expensive 2nd hand shops in Singapore. (Maybe thats cos i never buy from them b4 bah).

They are....

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

Agree!! but at least PK got some sales service
        [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
        [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
        Blue 6694
        Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
        [U]"My collection"[/U]:
        [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

if i buy a second hand AP ROO for $18k, will the re-sale value drop in years to come>? Will it go to rock bottom like $10k or just a few $k?

Comment

Originally posted by pbe View Post
            if i buy a second hand AP ROO for $18k, will the re-sale value drop in years to come>? Will it go to rock bottom like $10k or just a few $k?
            lots of factors

1) is it the limited ed or limited production ROO
            2) How many years u looking at
            3) Where you planning to sell?

most prob not till 10k that jia lak
            I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch.........

Comment

lots of factors

1) is it the limited ed or limited production ROO
              2) How many years u looking at
              3) Where you planning to sell?

most prob not till 10k that jia lak

haloo

i'm open to any actually.. is it right to say that the LE versions wouldn't probably drop in resale value by much as compared to limited production ROO and other ROO?

perharps looking to sell in 2-3 years?

planning to sell locally? or where to sell? in pawn shops?

thanks for advices..

Comment

Originally posted by seiko.citizen View Post
                Agree!! but at least PK got some sales service
                where is a good place to buy 2nd hand watches? besides buying from private collectors in this forum?

Comment

you can try the garage sale here.
                  [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
                  [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
                  Blue 6694
                  Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
                  [U]"My collection"[/U]:
                  [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

Anyway, AP hardly retain their values. once bought, price can drop by 30-40% on a 2nd hand one (buying off grey dealers). Reason could be cos not many people can afford within our targeted mkt and hence, demand not there).

BUT having said that, if you know of those uber rich people and have a mkt for that area, then probably you can retain at least 70-80% of the price. But then again, if i am uber rich, I might just go get a new piece unless its limited ed.

just my 2 cents . no offence to AP intended. I also dream of owning an AP ROO. (Volcano looks nice )
                    Any advise on PATEK ?

Comment

I known of many AP resold at btw 20-30% from Purchased price. I also own a AP Vul. This is my favourite watch. I won't sell it unless im in damn need for liquidity. This Volcano model is in demand. limited supply. An excellent watch to buy and own.
                      Current Collection
                      -------------------
                      GMTIIc SS "M" series
                      PAM 48

Comment

Originally posted by DM101 View Post
                        Any advise on PATEK ?
                        don have cos never study abt them b4. too out of reach liaoz for me

Comment

Originally posted by eric3417 View Post
                          I known of many AP resold at btw 20-30% from Purchased price. I also own a AP Vul. This is my favourite watch. I won't sell it unless im in damn need for liquidity. This Volcano model is in demand. limited supply. An excellent watch to buy and own.

Yeah, i like the volcano too... nice.

how about the scuba ? is it popular and sought after?

Comment

Scuba?

what colour scuba? there are a few.

orange held its value pretty well, blue not so unfortunately.

wempe scuba looks too ordinary in today's context.

if you're not picky, waiting for a clean pre-owned piece to come on the market may be a cheaper bet.

the previously premium-pumped prices of the LE/SEs have fallen from grace save for a few.

but at the rate AP is pushing out their SE/LEs, there's bound to be one to tickle your fancy, and with a new one coming out every other month or 2, prices are bound to be hit

regards,
                            inf1d3l

Comment

I like the orange one ..

there's a private collector who is keen to let go his 'red' scuba LE 300 pieces only. Is red color supposingly rare?

less than $20k.. selling price..

any views?

Originally posted by inf1d3l View Post
                              what colour scuba? there are a few.

orange held its value pretty well, blue not so unfortunately.

wempe scuba looks too ordinary in today's context.

if you're not picky, waiting for a clean pre-owned piece to come on the market may be a cheaper bet.

the previously premium-pumped prices of the LE/SEs have fallen from grace save for a few.

but at the rate AP is pushing out their SE/LEs, there's bound to be one to tickle your fancy, and with a new one coming out every other month or 2, prices are bound to be hit

regards,
                              inf1d3l

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X