AP advice needed...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by eric3417 View Post
    I known of many AP resold at btw 20-30% from Purchased price. I also own a AP Vul. This is my favourite watch. I won't sell it unless im in damn need for liquidity. This Volcano model is in demand. limited supply. An excellent watch to buy and own.

How much is the AP Vul when brand price?

Is Vul a LE ? Vul only comes with orange right?

Comment

anyone...?

Comment

IIRC AP Volcano , is a regular edition , just that the stock also quite low , but IMO , quite easy to get from our local PI .
        Focal JM_Labs .
        "The Sprits Of Sounds".

Rolex WG Daytona D series Silver dial 116509
        Rolex RG DD II with pink diamond dial V Series 218235
        Rolex YG President DD with Diamond and Ruby 18038
        Rolex Explorer I Black D series 114270
        Rolex DJ TT Grey Dial 16233
        Rolex Precision 6694 Black Dial
        Rolex Precision 6694 Silver Dial
        Rolex Oyster Perpetual Z series black dial 176200
        Panerai 233K 8 days power reserve
        Cartier Santos 100XL
        Hublot Big Bang Edition 44mm

Comment

Originally posted by DM101 View Post
          Any advise on PATEK ?
          the more complicated, the pricier the servicing cost. the price of pateks' spare parts are no joke either.

in singapore's weather, you need regular servicing or the humidity and perspiration will get into the case from o-ring/case deterioration.

i would not recommend a "self extended" servicing interval unless the watch is very properly kept.

unless you have $ to burn, their dress watches are not designed for daily outdoor wear in the tropics by a sweaty person.

their replacement cousu main straps are pricey too, even if you purchased them from CF, ranging from SG$500-$1000?

i'm not a fan of aquanaut due to the shape. you can't go wrong with a calatrava if you're looking for a starter patek.

vintage pieces must be scrutinized carefully, and i would avoid them unless they come with guarantee from either patek or a well-regarded watch shop.

an extract of archives helps increase its value/cost and serves as a form of authentication too...

i gave up my first and only patek mainly due to its servicing cost, and replaced it with a rolex day-date.
          “Watches, no matter how much they cost, are better at telling time than making a person happy.” - Thomas J. Stanley

Comment

I guess for AP to minimise losses you can either get pre owned or get the more popular models like safari, rubberclad or vul as pointed out by some of the Bros here. As for LE I don't really but it seems some of the LEs are more popular... So got to do research.
            PAM 233K :woohoo:
            IWC BP 5004 :D
            Explorer II Z Series white dial :yay:
            Casio Pro Trek :appluse:

One last one: JLC Tribute to Polaris 68 re-edition

Comment

Originally posted by taxico View Post
              the more complicated, the pricier the servicing cost. the price of pateks' spare parts are no joke either.

in singapore's weather, you need regular servicing or the humidity and perspiration will get into the case from o-ring/case deterioration.

i would not recommend a "self extended" servicing interval unless the watch is very properly kept.

unless you have $ to burn, their dress watches are not designed for daily outdoor wear in the tropics by a sweaty person.

their replacement cousu main straps are pricey too, even if you purchased them from CF, ranging from SG$500-$1000?

i'm not a fan of aquanaut due to the shape. you can't go wrong with a calatrava if you're looking for a starter patek.

vintage pieces must be scrutinized carefully, and i would avoid them unless they come with guarantee from either patek or a well-regarded watch shop.

an extract of archives helps increase its value/cost and serves as a form of authentication too...

i gave up my first and only patek mainly due to its servicing cost, and replaced it with a rolex day-date.
              thanks for the info!!

ya man, servicing is a killer in the long run unless u super rich and don mind.
              I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch.........

Comment

YA... I heard AP servicing kills... Pam also not that cheap... Especially for in house movements...

Comment

Originally posted by rotan View Post
                  YA... I heard AP servicing kills... Pam also not that cheap... Especially for in house movements...
                  wah serious ah?
                  I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch.........

Comment

Originally posted by rotan View Post
                    Think Rolex still most affordable for daily wear, in terms of maintenance cost
                    My Small Collection :
                    GMT II 16710 Coke U series
                    JLC Master Control ( May 2008 )
                    Daytona SS White ( Jan 2009 )
                    Porsche Design P6310 Red ( Feb 2009 )
                    Azimuth Back In Time ( Wrist lounge special edition ) ( Jan 2010 )
                    PAM 312 ( Feb 2010 ) ( Send me an offer for this baby if you are interested)

Look Look See See for :
                    BNIB 1995 ( W series ) Rolex sport model

Comment

Originally posted by rh1667 View Post
                      Think Rolex still most affordable for daily wear, in terms of maintenance cost
                      i agree, and many watchmakers know how to service rolex calibers...! plus rolex parts are easier to come by too...
                      “Watches, no matter how much they cost, are better at telling time than making a person happy.” - Thomas J. Stanley

Comment

Originally posted by exxondus View Post
                        wah serious ah?
                        Ya heard service for in house movements is twice the price of normal movement. But if you are planning to get a Historic model then won't be affected by this. A lot of shops also know how to service the Historic models as they are ETA based movements.

Comment

Hi all
                          I'm new to ap. Want to buy a pre-owned roo without paper. Would it be safe to take it as a form of authentication if I bring the watch to Apsc for a service quote?

If Apsc provides a service quote after opening the case back, is it good enough as a form of confirmation that the watch is authentic? Is is possible to tell if a watch is authentic just by opening it's caseback?

To send watch to ap Switzerland for full certification would cost me approximately sgd1800 and it can't be done locally.

to send in for extraction of archive will cost approximately sgd380 but this doesn't involve opening the caseback.

Advice much appreciated. Thank you everyone for reading my post and questions!

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X