80% success rate for 1st-timers flat applicants

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 80% success rate for 1st-timers flat applicants

Hmmm... so i'm in the minority... i really wonder if there r really so many successful applicants..

Oct 7, 2009

Most first-timers get flats

By Jessica Cheam

THE Housing Board has moved to clear some common misconceptions on applying for HDB flats.

It released new figures on Wednesday to show that the success rate for first-timers to select a flat on one try is 80 per cent. The success rate is higher - at 96 per cent - for those who have applied twice.

The board said these figures show that the majority of newly-weds are successful in getting a new home. It was responding to the perceived growing number of complaints by many home seekers that they could not get a flat despite numerous applications.

The numbers also show that the average rejection rate by first-timers who have been offered to pick a home under the HDB's Build-To-Order (BTO) scheme has declined from about 67 per cent in 2007 to 52 this year, following refinements to the application process.

This was introduced in May last year to penalise frivolous home buyers who reject the chance to book a flat even though they are offered one.

Speaking to reporters at a visit to HDB's sales counters, National Development Minister Mah Bow Tan reassured flat buyers that there will be adequate supply and affordable housing for Singaporeans under the BTO scheme.

He advised first time home buyers to plan in advance if they want to have a shorter waiting period for new flats.

http://www.straitstimes.com/Breaking...ry_439207.html

http://comment.straitstimes.com/showthread.php?t=25444
    A bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at the office.

Just me and my NT...

Originally posted by louisoh View Post
    Hmmm... so i'm in the minority... i really wonder if there r really so many successful applicants..
    no way... no way, where got so high... maybe those boh lang ai area or units...

u see the recent release ... 2.1k hdb units... est 20k will apply... u think achieve hi sucess rate.

Comment

I agree... its not true lah... they MUST appear that its successful so as to promote government flats mah...

There are criterias and only then you get to be ahead of the queue, else you are left to pick the less popular units....

Desired horologes ...

- IWC Portuguese Automatic
      - GMT II
      - GMT IIc TT
      - Reverso Squadra Hometime (7008620)/ Reverso Squadra
      - Master Eight Days (1608420)
      - U1
      - IWC Aquatimer

An exquisite timepiece, brings timeless memories and precious moments...

Comment

lets hope my recent application is heng heng... if nt.. maybe i'll listen to "Marlboro Tan" and go find him for help..

Just me and my NT...

Comment

lets hope my recent application is heng heng... if nt.. maybe i'll listen to "Marlboro Tan" and go find him for help..
          no use... cos he smoke u all.... hahahahahhaa

Comment

Biggest bull**** I have heard

Biggest bull**** since they told us foreign talent in e form of employment pass, work permit, PR and new citizen are not depriving locals off better pay and even jobs.

Comment

wah sure anot!!

i applied 4 times my queue numnber always in the thousands. in the end no choice went to look for resale.

i rem once when i recevie the leter from HDB and it went something like this.

"Your queue number is 3XXX. We would like to inform you that we have given you priority due to first timers. however, there are also 3XXX applicants holding the same criterias as you."

something that goes like the above lah. uber shocked. how he get his numbers de. can transparent a bit?
              I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch.........

Comment

Originally posted by exxondus View Post
                wah sure anot!!

i applied 4 times my queue numnber always in the thousands. in the end no choice went to look for resale.

i rem once when i recevie the leter from HDB and it went something like this.

"Your queue number is 3XXX. We would like to inform you that we have given you priority due to first timers. however, there are also 3XXX applicants holding the same criterias as you."

something that goes like the above lah. uber shocked. how he get his numbers de. can transparent a bit?
                Not bad.... coz my most recent application. i got 7XXX....

Just me and my NT...

Comment

haha i gave up after 4 tries each one cost me 10 bucks for the registration. all 4 times never see 3 digit queue number de despite being 1st timer
                  I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch.........

Comment

i think they read salah....

should be 96% boey teo ... hahahaha

Comment

Guess im one of the few lucky ones. My 1st BTO came with an ok Q no and i got my 1st flat. Oni down side is tat i've been waiting for it since 2004!

Current Collection
                      -------------------
                      GMTIIc SS "M" series
                      PAM 48

Comment

ah oh,
                        October 2009 Sale of Balance Flats
                        currently...

units: 2132 application: 20123

Comment

Haiz... mai kong liaos..

Given up hope of getting already..

Just me and my NT...

Comment

Haiz... mai kong liaos..

Given up hope of getting already..
                            20691 as of now... hahaa

abt 10% will get nia......tis time must ask how many 1st timer get flat...hahaa

Comment

Marlboro Tan... haha... I like that one...

But seriously... what he says... I'll take it with a heavy pinch of salt.
                              The ArmchairEconomist

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X