Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rolex price up by 5% is it real?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=QhUye7Uujfk

I'm not surprised. It's been a while since ROLEX had a price increase anyway. Furthermore, as at present, most people are already paying retail price for some of their watches.
    The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

I'm ok for them to increase. Problem is we can't get it from AD..

Comment

Originally posted by Sgro123 View Post
        I'm ok for them to increase. Problem is we can't get it from AD..
        ... you are one 'specimen' who has proven ROLEX (or the ADs) right about us, consumers. That is, consumers are now no longer seeking out discounts for luxury watches. Rather, most of us have been 'converted' to accept whatever price a watch is being sold by the retailers. Last time, people cursed at price increases; now, people cursed at lack of stocks. They seemed quite successful in 'molding' consumers' mindsets

Actually in itself, by way of getting rid of discounts, is already a form of price increase. But well, some people are already willing to pay premium for certain popular models so.....
        The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Originally posted by Oceanklassik View Post

... you are one 'specimen' who has proven ROLEX (or the ADs) right about us, consumers. That is, consumers are now no longer seeking out discounts for luxury watches. Rather, most of us have been 'converted' to accept whatever price a watch is being sold by the retailers. Last time, people cursed at price increases; now, people cursed at lack of stocks. They seemed quite successful in 'molding' consumers' mindsets

Actually in itself, by way of getting rid of discounts, is already a form of price increase. But well, some people are already willing to pay premium for certain popular models so.....
          The world has indeed changed. Customers now must prove "worthy" to ADs to get a SS Rolex which I think is ridiculous.
          I can resist anything but temptation. - Oscar Wilde

Current collection
          A.Lange & Sohne Grand Langematik
          Audemars Piguet ROO
          Blancpain Fifty Fathoms (Dark Knight)
          De Bethune Titan Hawk (DB27)
          Habring2 Pilot Time Date
          Harry Winston Midnight Big Date
          Hublot Aerobang Skeleton
          IWC Portuguese Perpetual Calendar
          Panerai 270
          Patek Philippe 5711/1a
          Rolex 116610LV
          Vacheron Constantin Overseas

Comment

Originally posted by Oceanklassik View Post

Haha.. I'm not "Specimen". Is just that the pre owned market now making Ss sport prices hit the roof and our AD having no interest to sell to normal walk in Like ME. Sad

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by wolfeyes1974 View Post

The world has indeed changed. Customers now must prove "worthy" to ADs to get a SS Rolex which I think is ridiculous.
                "Worthy" by buying more non popular model from them to help them have more sell.. End up ask you to wait for SS stock to be in and they sell to their prefer customers.. I believe All our AD have the stock we are all looking for is just that they are holding for their prefer customers.

Comment

Originally posted by wolfeyes1974 View Post

What can I say bro ... you are absolutely right! It's RIDICULOUS .....

What is even more ridiculous is, if any customer(s) is found to have 'flip'/trade any popular sports model by the AD, the customer will be 'marked' (or something like that) ... I wonder if the ADs ever think how, part of their profit, comes from customers who keep buying their watches year-in-year-out. The watch hobby is not just about buying watches only.

These recent developments are making both watch consumers and the sales staff very stressful
                  The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Originally posted by Sgro123 View Post

"Worthy" by buying more non popular model from them to help them have more sell.. End up ask you to wait for SS stock to be in and they sell to their prefer customers.. I believe All our AD have the stock we are all looking for is just that they are holding for their prefer customers.
                    To be fair, it is not just the ADs doing this. Even the boutiques like AP and PP are doing the same. When I approached both the boutiques some time ago, to ask for the stainless steel models such as the Aquanaut, Nautilus (for PP) and the Royal Oak models (for AP), the response was similarly 'no stock'. Both also expressed no interest to accept my request for their 'wait list', and the 'indirect response' I got from them was "you can forget about buying those watch models from them this lifetime" ...
                    The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

OT and exaggerate a bit ha.... (Disclaimer: fake news)

Last time Rolex SA lost a job because cannot get enough customer to buy from them,

Now, SA lose a job because not enough watch for them to sell .

Comment

Originally posted by WatchAdmirer View Post
                        OT and exaggerate a bit ha.... (Disclaimer: fake news)

Last time Rolex SA lost a job because cannot get enough customer to buy from them,

Now, SA lose a job because not enough watch for them to sell .
                        You're not totally wrong. But it's not that they 'lose jobs'; they quit! Because there's not enough watch for most of them to sell anymore.
                        The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X