Nav Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse

Nav Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Your Preference for our First Anniversary...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Darkangel
    replied
    Originally posted by minusplus View Post
    Think pet still has some unsold items. IIRC, there're some items w/o buyers too. I'm willing to come out with another watch for auction during the dinner if it does happen

I'm sure some of us don't mind chipping in and sourcing for more items to sell for the purpose of charity

Since the anniversary is time sensitive and if not done by mid Jun it loses its significance, why don't we channel the funds to it first? I mean the forum will be here for long, and we're growing. I'm sure one day we'll grow big enough to contribute more than a meagre $2K plus for charity?
    If the others dun disagree,I am ok.

Originally posted by triton View Post
    if my quartz tag Formula 1 comes out of the restoration project in time, i will donate 1.
    Sounds gd...

Leave a comment:

• Darkangel
    replied
    One very important principal consideration is the amount of funds that we can play around with. Think we have to firm this up before deciding on the concept and the venue.

I don't mean to rain on the parade, but what is comfortable for some of us may not be comfortable for others. Even for normal gatherings, it is hard to get good attendances.

Some may even be reluctant to pay and many come to this forum just for information.

One possible avenue for funds is from the charity auctions which we had earlier on. Think we've collected $2K plus already. The plan to do charity is a good one, but perhaps we can do this after the anniversary? We can make use of these funds first. During the function (dinner or buffet), we can hold more auctions for charity. If the attendance is good, the potential to collect more funds may be higher.

Comments, pls?
    Agreed But we need more items haha

do we still have items available?
    That's the big question haha...

Originally posted by louisoh View Post
    Estimated price..

http://www.orchidclub.com/moby/cms/m.../packages.html

Can hit ard $40-50+ per pax.. including buffet dinner and use of function room..
    Not bad...

Originally posted by pet View Post
    it's cheaper, but for bros with no car hor, problem leh... esp if golf or yacht club.

louis, after head count thn decide, if only 20, ballroom also a problem... 20 might as well end up in those restuarant with priavate din room
    OCC got shuttle bus

Leave a comment:

• minusplus
    replied
    if my quartz tag Formula 1 comes out of the restoration project in time, i will donate 1.
    See... We've generous ppl in this forum

Leave a comment:

• triton
    replied
    Think pet still has some unsold items. IIRC, there're some items w/o buyers too. I'm willing to come out with another watch for auction during the dinner if it does happen

I'm sure some of us don't mind chipping in and sourcing for more items to sell for the purpose of charity

Since the anniversary is time sensitive and if not done by mid Jun it loses its significance, why don't we channel the funds to it first? I mean the forum will be here for long, and we're growing. I'm sure one day we'll grow big enough to contribute more than a meagre $2K plus for charity?

Leave a comment:

• minusplus
    replied

Leave a comment:

• louisoh
    replied
    We do have some watches donated by pet...

Leave a comment:

• triton
    replied
    One very important principal consideration is the amount of funds that we can play around with. Think we have to firm this up before deciding on the concept and the venue.

I don't mean to rain on the parade, but what is comfortable for some of us may not be comfortable for others. Even for normal gatherings, it is hard to get good attendances.

Some may even be reluctant to pay and many come to this forum just for information.

One possible avenue for funds is from the charity auctions which we had earlier on. Think we've collected $2K plus already. The plan to do charity is a good one, but perhaps we can do this after the anniversary? We can make use of these funds first. During the function (dinner or buffet), we can hold more auctions for charity. If the attendance is good, the potential to collect more funds may be higher.

Comments, pls?

Leave a comment:

• minusplus
    replied

Comments, pls?

Leave a comment:

• pet
    replied
    Alot of bros here are country club members.... their function room also much cheaper to rent than hotel... any1 can help??
    it's cheaper, but for bros with no car hor, problem leh... esp if golf or yacht club.

louis, after head count thn decide, if only 20, ballroom also a problem... 20 might as well end up in those restuarant with priavate din room

Leave a comment:

• louisoh
    replied
    Estimated price..

http://www.orchidclub.com/moby/cms/m.../packages.html

Can hit ard $40-50+ per pax.. including buffet dinner and use of function room..

Leave a comment:

• Darkangel
    replied
    Alot of bros here are country club members.... their function room also much cheaper to rent than hotel... any1 can help??
    You saw the links I put up? I checked OCC website but then...must go email and ask them for quote

Leave a comment:

• louisoh
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Darkangel
    replied
    http://www.rafflestownclub.com.sg/05_b&f_partypack.html

http://www.rafflestownclub.com.sg/05...day_party.html

http://www.rafflestownclub.com.sg/05..._cocktail.html

http://www.rafflestownclub.com.sg/05...ate_party.html

Found some links to look at

Leave a comment:

• nottinghill
    replied
    Any bro here stays in condo? maybe can book the function room? definitely cheaper than the hotel's function room.... just my 2 cents worth...

Leave a comment:

• minusplus
    replied
    Will be very expensive if in hotel. Think will have to cater for the hotel restaurant food also. This will burst the budget.

Feel it's better to get a cheap, yet accessible venue. $$ would be better spent on food, door gifts and lucky draws

Leave a comment:

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
Working...
X