Preowned or Brand new?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Preowned or Brand new?

Got the inspiration from one of the members....to start this thread.

Do you guys avoid preowned for certain reasons? Like superstitious or anything?

Pls share ur views...time for me to share mine

Heard that some people think that preowned bring bad luck. hmm...for me I would say it depends. It's more of a yuan fen or fate you have with the watch. BE it brand new or preowned it's still depends on fate. Doesn't mean a brand new will not bring you bad luck and a preowned would bring you bad luck.

In any case,I still did have gd and bad encounters with preowned and brand new. Sometimes,brand new even...the watch somehow dun like u,everytime give u problems,everytime have to visit the service centre. At times...u buy a preowned it rarely or never steps into the service centre.

My stand is...preowned or brand new will not affect you actually...depends actually if the watch likes u or not hahaahaha...
    PREOWNED FTW!
    57.14%
    BRAND NEW FTW!
    42.86%

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

good thread. choices are simple for me:

new watches are sure to drop value the moment you wear it. new watches are also in my opinion over priced.
    where as preowned is cheaper, more fun to buy, and you talk to someone who actually knows the product, not someone who want to increase their commission for the month.

no superstituition on my side, i reckon its a bunch of nonsense. all those numbers and how to avoid... i just take it with a pinch of salt.
    my dad once said 8 in cantonese is "fatt" but listen carefully in english and it becomes something else ... so better not just blindly listen and go buy all the 8s

i prefer my money to be spent elsewhere.

like s'poreans say "ai pi, ai qi, ai tua lip ni" that is me, so unless you get some super lobang selling at great prices, i doubt i will be buying brand new for the time being.
    [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
    [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
    Blue 6694
    Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
    [U]"My collection"[/U]:
    [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

Oi seiko.citizen, u Singaporean Chinese/Malay/Indian/other race, or ang-moh huh? Why u always say "oz" la, u singaporeans la..?? U no live here ah? Or u ABC??
      The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Originally posted by Oceanklassik View Post
        Oi seiko.citizen, u Singaporean Chinese/Malay/Indian/other race, or ang-moh huh? Why u always say "oz" la, u singaporeans la..?? U no live here ah? Or u ABC??
        oz = australia?

He is a chinese born and breed there....but I think comes here frequently

ABC is american born chinese..not america so cannot use this term.

Comment

IMO... the first buyer will take the bulk of the depreciate in value... so 2nd hand would be a wiser choice if $$$ is your piority...
          A bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at the office.

Just me and my NT...

Comment

Originally posted by Oceanklassik View Post
            hi, im Ozzie by birth, and bred to s'poren parents. and i currently reside in Perth. actually im not even close to s'porean , and i do not live in s'pore at the moment since i studying in Perth (hometown), however when i visit s'pore i do bum over at my grandma's place. i may bum over in the office soon ... closer to city (geylang compared to yishun) and yes i can feel tremors during the night when i work back............

Originally posted by Darkangel View Post
            oz = australia?

He is a chinese born and breed there....but I think comes here frequently

ABC is american born chinese..not america so cannot use this term.
            yes you are right, im chinese ethnicity wise to s'porean parents, but born and bred in Australia. ABC can also substitute with Australia

i do visit s'pore quite often to help out my uncle business (naturally FOC, just my makan and busfare costs covered)
            Blue 6694
            [U]"My collection"[/U]:

Comment

If I can get a brand new one at a good price, I will get it. But I wouldn't mind a pre-owned one either. I never believe that wearing a pre-owned watch will bring one bad luck
              Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today. -James Dean

Comment

Oh ok. Cos' I get kinda' uncomfortable whenevr u try to describe us SINGAPOREANS te way u see it. May b I'm a little patriotic..

Thanks for clarifying.
                The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Originally posted by Darkangel View Post
                  Got the inspiration from one of the members....to start this thread.

Do you guys avoid preowned for certain reasons? Like superstitious or anything?

Pls share ur views...time for me to share mine

Heard that some people think that preowned bring bad luck. hmm...for me I would say it depends. It's more of a yuan fen or fate you have with the watch. BE it brand new or preowned it's still depends on fate. Doesn't mean a brand new will not bring you bad luck and a preowned would bring you bad luck.

In any case,I still did have gd and bad encounters with preowned and brand new. Sometimes,brand new even...the watch somehow dun like u,everytime give u problems,everytime have to visit the service centre. At times...u buy a preowned it rarely or never steps into the service centre.

My stand is...preowned or brand new will not affect you actually...depends actually if the watch likes u or not hahaahaha...
                  i hestitate leh... 1st hor, of cos scare bad luck lah...cos usual thinking mah, the fella sell cos boh lui ( it isnt always the case esp for watch luver, they like to swap/ trade/ exchange etc ). 2nd hor, i scare once start, wow lau, no end leow, keep buying, cos new & preown add up, even more choices.. hahaa

but i think i will one day... sure 1... with u all poisoning ...

Comment

for me, the choice is clear. brand new without a doubt.

like pet, i also pan tang, so i go for brand new pieces. think there are only 2 pieces that are bought pre-own. because 1 piece i know the history and came with box and papers. other piece is because it is truly a vintage.

since i buy brand new pieces, i usually scout and try to pay the lowest price possible. this would factor in the 'depreciation' for the first 2 years or so.

other reason is i dont need to go to service centre to verify the watch. they always say trust the sellers. to sellers with good reputation*if i offended u. sorry*, the main reason is that if im going to part say for a minimum 2k, it is still hard earn money.
                    if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
                    1. subject heading indicating your issue
                    2. your nick
                    3. your corresponding email address
                    4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

very simple for me... got cash i get brand new, less cash i consider pre-owned...

no pantang for me... but i don't like the hassle of verifying authenticity of pre-owned watches... maybe with experience, I will turn pre-owned...
                      In The Bag
                      Him
                      Tissot PR100 AutoQuartz T14.1.489.11, Longines Dolce Vita L56554736, Rolex SS Submariner 16610, Rolex Explorer II 16570, Glycine Airman SST 06 Ref:3856.186-D8, Seiko Blue Ti Samurai SBDA003, Diver SKX007J, Black Sumo SBDC001, Tuna Can SBBN007, Orange Monster SKX781, Vintage Diver 6309-7040, Vintage Bellmatic 4006-7002
                      Her
                      Tissot PR50 T27.2.281.13, Longines Dolce Vita L51584736

Next Target
                      Damned! My wife's list is not growing...Rolex MOP Datejust for Missus...

Comment

valid points you have there. i would love to own a set of watchmakers tools, that way i can learn more about the watch, and when i want to buy, i can open up and do some self verification, since i like to buy preowned, it would be nice to be able to see what is inside to make sure that i wll be dealing in authentic. of course, before paying the final amount, it will go off to RSC for a formal check.
                        Blue 6694
                        [U]"My collection"[/U]:

Comment

Originally posted by seiko.citizen View Post
                          valid points you have there. i would love to own a set of watchmakers tools, that way i can learn more about the watch, and when i want to buy, i can open up and do some self verification, since i like to buy preowned, it would be nice to be able to see what is inside to make sure that i wll be dealing in authentic. of course, before paying the final amount, it will go off to RSC for a formal check.
                          to me to open up a watch and then scrutinise every part, simple takes too much time and it has to be done indoors(preferably). i rather pay 75 and get them to authenticate.
                          if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
                          1. subject heading indicating your issue
                          2. your nick
                          3. your corresponding email address
                          4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

Originally posted by pet View Post
                            i hestitate leh... 1st hor, of cos scare bad luck lah...cos usual thinking mah, the fella sell cos boh lui ( it isnt always the case esp for watch luver, they like to swap/ trade/ exchange etc ). 2nd hor, i scare once start, wow lau, no end leow, keep buying, cos new & preown add up, even more choices.. hahaa

but i think i will one day... sure 1... with u all poisoning ...
                            Yeah u come here more frequently confirm will in less than a yr 1

Originally posted by triton View Post
                            to me to open up a watch and then scrutinise every part, simple takes too much time and it has to be done indoors(preferably). i rather pay 75 and get them to authenticate.
                            Opening up takes time la..that should be done in ur free time and when u are appreciating your watch haha

Comment

i had one guy come and try and open as he suspect my watch is those so called AAA replica. i even challenge him to take to RSC melbourne, if authentic, you buy and pay for authencity check. if not, i will pay and reimburse you 5% of selling price for wasting your time.
                              Blue 6694
                              [U]"My collection"[/U]:

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X