Public transport and luxury watch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Public transport and luxury watch

I enjoy seeing what watch people wear on mrt and buses. I wonder how many rolex/pam/pp or those luxury watch guys here take public transport such as bus and MRT.

I can see Rolex, mainly date just/subs/explorer sometimes. Once a long while see someone wearing a PAM. AP Royal Oak, don't remember seeing one. PP unless nautilus and aquanaut, the others will have to be close to be able to see never see before.

So when you guys wear your nice watches and on public transport and sense same sex folks staring at you, they may be just looking at your watch ok? Don't get to sensitive.

haha

Count Me In...

I go public. Cant afford to drive or ride. IMHO, owning cars or bikes is a luxury, the same as owning an expensive watch. To some people, its a necessity to have personal transport for mobility but I do feel the public transportation here is as good as it can get compare to most parts of the world.

Like watches, you dont need to pay such big amount of money just to buy a time telling instrument but its a status symbol and a sense of satisfaction / achievement.Same like owning a car/bike.I rather trade owning a car with a good property anyday.

Just my opinion though.

Cheers.

'It ain't how hard you hit;
    it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward.
    How much you can take, and keep moving forward.
    That's how winning is done.'

Comment

I no money buy car. Hence, wear my rollie to take 'pubic' transport. Acutally, Rolex is very commonly seen on public transport.

Seen AP ROO on bus before and once a nautilus and IWC BP.

PAMs also quite commonly seen nowadays in MRTs.
      I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch.........

Comment

as for me, during weekend shopping i don't wear any watch and take public transport to orchard or chinatown...the jam and looking for a parking lot is really a challenge...honestly, i enjoy taking mrt, more things to see.

Comment

see JLC, hublot, iwc on bus. for brands like tag heuer, it is almost a guarentee you will get to see it often

rollie also very common in the rush hour
          Opportunities come once

Comment

saw one guy with a PP before at AMK..he suay suay car spoil; got to tk train..then he talk on his phone complain and complain train so hot, dirty and crowded to his friend..

Comment

Car servicing today so I went around on MRT. Now, quite blur where to change and which door open. Super pack during peak hours but got quite a few chio bu going town.

I was wearing a vintage Sub but did not notice anyone interested at others' watch. Most guys are more attracted to chio bu and most chio bu are not interested in anything except their Iphones.

But saw an old man (like retiree) wearing a vintage 5513 at Mac! Very tempted to go over and ask him if he wants to sell but he doesn't look like those that need the money.

Comment

its common la... i saw alot ladies at my side wearing jaeger , pam .. etc
                2014 March - Rolex Deepsea Seadweller V series MK 1 dial ref: 116660

Comment

I'm one of those rolex wearer that take mrt to work. just be careful when it gets way too crowded as others may knock or scratch your watch.
                  Current Inventory
                  Explorer II Black (M)
                  Submariner LV (M)
                  Datejust TT
                  Omega Speedmaster Date
                  Adidas (my 10yrs workhorse)

Comment

I do take train to work, is faster and there is better view

Comment

Originally posted by commoner View Post
                      I enjoy seeing what watch people wear on mrt and buses. I wonder how many rolex/pam/pp or those luxury watch guys here take public transport such as bus and MRT.

I can see Rolex, mainly date just/subs/explorer sometimes. Once a long while see someone wearing a PAM. AP Royal Oak, don't remember seeing one. PP unless nautilus and aquanaut, the others will have to be close to be able to see never see before.

So when you guys wear your nice watches and on public transport and sense same sex folks staring at you, they may be just looking at your watch ok? Don't get to sensitive.

haha
                      I use to own an old skool small zippy italian 4 wheel... love going clubbing frequently as a young 20+ of age . And strongly beileve owning wheel is a must to make me feel/look good mah..as whole packaging. Not until kena too many tickets & one near dead accident on my way home after work ....still haunt me till today.That where handbrake is pulled completely. I call myself V.lucky still alive & kicking . Not a single time I caught for drink driving . Only much later after settling down wif baby coming along & one day,I sat by myself have a good thought.And decided i time to hand up the steering wheel. Than realized it wasn't that bad giving up our wheels & take public transport leh. Especially here in our Merlion city.End of the day,I get more saving $$$ to fund more watches & yet everyday can enjoy looking at many sexy chicks on my train ride LOL! Not bad at all "

Comment

Originally posted by johnfish View Post
                        I use to own an old skool small zippy italian 4 wheel... love going clubbing frequently as a young 20+ of age . And strongly beileve owning wheel is a must to make me feel/look good mah..as whole packaging. Not until kena too many tickets & one near dead accident on my way home after work ....still haunt me till today.That where handbrake is pulled completely. I call myself V.lucky still alive & kicking . Not a single time I caught for drink driving . Only much later after settling down wif baby coming along & one day,I sat by myself have a good thought.And decided i time to hand up the steering wheel. Than realized it wasn't that bad giving up our wheels & take public transport leh. Especially here in our Merlion city.End of the day,I get more saving $$$ to fund more watches & yet everyday can enjoy looking at many sexy chicks on my train ride LOL! Not bad at all "
                        If I give up my ride, sure can get a End of Day!
                        Very good. All watch and environment lovers should learn from you. I also like.....save money to buy watch and get free nice view everyday.
                        Driving is fustrating and never got good view....all the time looking at other people's car.

Comment

I take public transport and wear my PP and AP because

1. My office is 15-20 mins bus ride and the parking at international plaza is very very expensive
                          2. My client offices are all in town so MRT is very convenient
                          3. I own a car (wife drives it), drive like Hamilton but parks my car like a 70 yrs old lady. I don't know how to parallel park so if friends ask me to meet at geylang, joo chiat and those places with parallel parking spaces...I take public transport or cab.

Don't know if pple look at me or not (vice versa) cos I'm most likely dozing off or reading a book.
                          I can resist anything but temptation. - Oscar Wilde

Current collection
                          A.Lange & Sohne Grand Langematik
                          Audemars Piguet ROO
                          Blancpain Fifty Fathoms (Dark Knight)
                          De Bethune Titan Hawk (DB27)
                          Habring2 Pilot Time Date
                          Harry Winston Midnight Big Date
                          Hublot Aerobang Skeleton
                          IWC Portuguese Perpetual Calendar
                          Panerai 270
                          Patek Philippe 5711/1a
                          Rolex 116610LV
                          Vacheron Constantin Overseas

Comment

hehe,i take bus,MRT and cab....maybe someday we all public transport commuters can meet at Raffleslink cafe for a mini gtg!

Comment

Originally posted by louie View Post
                              hehe,i take bus,MRT and cab....maybe someday we all public transport commuters can meet at Raffleslink cafe for a mini gtg!
                              couples of more train ride... 233 will be on my wrist ! "Whaaaha ha ha" pls stay tune on the follow up , my beloved ROC bros bros!! Kekekeke

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X